Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F1a or F1c

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1a or F1c

I keep debating this subject but anyway at what point or cubic inch would you go from an f1a to an f1c and would there be an advantage or disavantage to either?
Old 11-01-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It's really about the same amount for those headunits, the power difference isn't THAT vast. It's nothing like moving from a P1SC to an F series. If you have an F1A on a bigger cubed motor, the F1C should be just fine on that same size cube.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

The only difference between the two are the volute size and the F1C flows 200cfm more than the F1A. The ramp rate or step up ratio is the same.

With that said... since it flows more... the F1C should theoretically produce more power per PSI with all things the same.

FWIW... Im putting together a 370cui and decided on the F1C... never even considered the F1A.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

f1c is a little tougher to fit on an f body also
Old 11-01-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lmt0705
f1c is a little tougher to fit on an f body also
Yup, gotta move the radiator a bit to make it fit. Man, that F-1C, loud *** ******' blower, I swear
Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

no one really answered the question what cubic inch some one need to step up to an f1c over an f1a? Are any of you guys running an f1c if you are which tensioner are you using?
Old 11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CyaPussy
no one really answered the question what cubic inch some one need to step up to an f1c over an f1a? Are any of you guys running an f1c if you are which tensioner are you using?
Yes we did. It doesn't work like that. It's not black and white.

It's not like you can only run an F-1A from a certain cube range and then you have to move up. Two of us just now told you that the differences between the two are not vast, so the cubic inches really do not matter. Cubic inches are for giving the motor more power to spin the bigger heavier F series blowers.

The F-1A and the F-1C are the same damn size and step up ratio, the volute size is slightly larger on the F-1C but that has nothing to do with the cubic inches.

Not hard to get man...
Old 11-01-2011, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

so why did you never consider the f1a if they are so similar but f1c is more expensive?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

so why did you never consider the f1a if they are so similar but f1c is more expensive?
I would actually like to know this as well, I think the F-1A is a much better value for the money and easier to install.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It moves more air and a F1C would work better on a larger cube motor. What size motor are you talking about? F1A's have made over 1000rwhp on a good combo. F1C's move more air and would work better on a larger cube motor then a F1A but if your using a 400-434ci motor either will work. The F1C just has more potential...there's a lot of factors that come into play...CI, Compression, Heads/Cam, IAT's and and where you'll be spinning the blower at. Either will work just fine.....
Old 11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

IMO anything that is suited for a F1C can use a F1A just as well. I dont think for the F series blowers there is cui limit... they can be used with a wide range of motor sizes. You could put a F1A or a F1C on a well built 347 or a 408+... as long as its built for it.

I went with the F1C because I REALLY wanted the F1R but from what Ive heard the characteristics of the F1R are very peaky power.... so I opted for the F1C because I will be doing some street driving. My motor is only a 370cui but we did go with the AFR 230 heads so I figured I have the heads to flow it... why not go with the the blower that can more efficiently put it through the motor AND meet characteristics that meet my needs.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Really just want to make sure not to build to big of a motor for the f1a im thinking of going either 418 or 427. Just want this to be the last blower i buy.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Really just want to make sure not to build to big of a motor for the f1a im thinking of going either 418 or 427. Just want this to be the last blower i buy.
A F1A will be just fine.... BUT... on the other hand the F1C, even with not really huge differences, will yield better power and room to grow. By saying "room to grow" I mean when you go to spin it harder later (smaller pulley) youll have more room to make bigger numbers/power. F1A and F1C have the same max impeller speeds but the F1C will yield more power.

If its the last blower youll buy... Id go F1C. Why not?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Not sure just dont think i would get everything out of it and f1as look like they want to snap 8 rib belts also I heard the f1c is easier to have belt slip with being harder to turn. I know you can run cog but not really something im looking to do.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Avengeance
IMO anything that is suited for a F1C can use a F1A just as well. I dont think for the F series blowers there is cui limit... they can be used with a wide range of motor sizes. You could put a F1A or a F1C on a well built 347 or a 408+... as long as its built for it.

I went with the F1C because I REALLY wanted the F1R but from what Ive heard the characteristics of the F1R are very peaky power.... so I opted for the F1C because I will be doing some street driving. My motor is only a 370cui but we did go with the AFR 230 heads so I figured I have the heads to flow it... why not go with the the blower that can more efficiently put it through the motor AND meet characteristics that meet my needs.
This man is smart Put it perfectly. Btw, just noticed your from Norcal. Where at? I moved from San Jose, CA about 10 months ago, can't wait to get back next year. I also knew Rick lol, I was going to buy his old black Trans Am from him early last year but decided against it for other reasons.

OP, what kind of power are you looking to make? Tell us that and what engine you have, and then we can give you better suggestions from there.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
This man is smart Put it perfectly. Btw, just noticed your from Norcal. Where at? I moved from San Jose, CA about 10 months ago, can't wait to get back next year. I also knew Rick lol, I was going to buy his old black Trans Am from him early last year but decided against it for other reasons.

OP, what kind of power are you looking to make? Tell us that and what engine you have, and then we can give you better suggestions from there.
Thanks man! I really did a lot of homework when I decided to build my new motor and researched the components for it. For my goals the F1C fit the bill.

Rick is a good guy and a personal friend of mine... he actually built my new motor, spec'd the cam, and will be building my exhaust then doing all my tuning. My car should be down in his shop within the next couple weeks.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Either blower will work and will make over 1000rwhp. Like said before, with a F1C there will be a little more modification but also a little more room to grow. I would seriously look at the Aster bracket from brute speed. I'm not getting very much belt slip with my F1/370. Is it more of a street car or track car? There really isn't a CI limit, but a bigger blower will be more efficient on a bigger motor.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Avengeance
Thanks man! I really did a lot of homework when I decided to build my new motor and researched the components for it. For my goals the F1C fit the bill.

Rick is a good guy and a personal friend of mine... he actually built my new motor, spec'd the cam, and will be building my exhaust then doing all my tuning. My car should be down in his shop within the next couple weeks.
It shows! I truly believe you have the fastest Fbody in the bay area. Or will very very soon lol. I honestly cannot think of a single car that can **** with yours, or even one that has an F1 or bigger Procharger.

He is a good guy, I kick myself from time to time for not buying that Trans Am, you ever see it? I test drove it and even with the half assed 20 minute tune he did it still had noticeable pick up. For that compliment, you owe me a ride in it when I go back home and you finish it

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Either blower will work and will make over 1000rwhp. Like said before, with a F1C there will be a little more modification but also a little more room to grow. I would seriously look at the Aster bracket from brute speed. I'm not getting very much belt slip with my F1/370. Is it more of a street car or track car? There really isn't a CI limit, but a bigger blower will be more efficient on a bigger motor.
Werd, Aster bracket is the bees knees mod to have in the Procharger world this last year or so. Bigger blowers like the F series ones definitely need it if they plan to actually push the blower.

Also, F-1C on a 600 ci setup? Efficient? Lies.

Don't listen to me guys, I worked like 16 hours straight and need to get my happy *** to bed lol
Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Now come on man...did I say that? No....I said a bigger blower is more efficient on a bigger motor....for a motor that big you'd obviously match the blower to it. Everything needs to be matched together....Bigger motor will require more CFM and a bigger blower to create more boost pressure/CFM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Now come on man...did I say that? No....I said a bigger blower is more efficient on a bigger motor....for a motor that big you'd obviously match the blower to it. Everything needs to be matched together....Bigger motor will require more CFM and a bigger blower to create more boost pressure/CFM.
lol go back and look at the tiny text underneath that part brotha, that should clear a few things up

Quick Reply: F1a or F1c