Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

RMCR High Mount YSI Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phatasp
with a ysi I,m pretty sure you would have to trim the hood. Mine is just a t-trim and no matter how I arrange the hoses something rubs. when I was getting my car tuned there was a ws6 there running a tsi and thi is how he had hi hood trimmed.

Thanks,I think I will wait for Joshua's kit to be done
Old 11-06-2011, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Yep, I would like to see how it turns out.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAmatt99
Ive got the RMCR top kit for the YSI. Brackets and all the hardware are below $900. everything else on the car was built in house by Poorboy Racing in ohio.

custom front mount a2w, retains all factory stuff. factory radiator location, factory battery location, factory fans, and retains all factory a/c and a/c lines.

about RMCR: I ve got all of my blower parts that i currently have through them. but, that included waiting 5 months in the spring for the brackets. We r using the 8" bottom pulley, and 2.5" top pulley(8 rib), for max boost/power. We went with the carbonite coated pulley bc we knew we were gonna be fighting belt slip issues. we talked with RMCR about this, and was told we were gonna be fine w this setup and he had gotten it to work before with a non-coated pulley. in the end, the pulleys werent even close to holding the power. With the slipping belt the car only made 18#s and only made 860whp. we have to go with a 50mm cog drive. After nothing but problems on the dyno, we called RMCR for the cog drive. We were quoted 2 weeks for the cog drive, after waiting 5 MONTHS, excuse after excuse, no reply to emails, never answers calls, we finally cancelled our order from RMCR. We r now looking to build our own setup. obviously we would not recommend anyone doing buisness with RMCR!
Is it the angle of the pic or does the blower sit alot higher than the t-trim?
Have you got to run it yet?, looks bada$$
Old 11-06-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will respond for transamatt99, I have Done all the work to the car. The blower doesn't really sit higher, this car previously had a v1 on it, and the brackets are damn near the same. So the bottoms of the blowers are both at the same level, so the added height is the difference in the diameters of the blowers. This will fit under a stock ws6 hood for anyone who was asking.

I got more pics If anyone has more interest in the kit I did on the hugger orange car. it retains EVERYTHING factory, and u don't gotta cut up those nice bumper covers
Old 11-06-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, and once the cog drive is fabbed up, we will be back on the dyno. We are gonna see if we can break the Ysi world record. Recently seen it gm high tech. 1,028 hp. Wish us luck!!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told that the kit should fit under a ws6 hood by RMCR but who knows, with all the bad luck I have had with them I dont know what to believe, so in essence, if you love your stock highly overpriced hood you should probably pm someone that has a ysi on a ws6.

Phatasp- I dont think it sits any higher vertically, however the overall size of the blower is larger. The brackets angle it slightly so that it will still clear a 4" cowl hood. I will have to get some pics with the hood down but there is probably only a 1/4" clearance.

To anybody interested in my setup, the poorboys racing shop (bobsmyuncle) can replicate my kit to anyone interested. Its fully tig welded front mount a2w with a large water tank in the trunk.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

who needs a hood? just shine everything up under there and show it off!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
I will respond for transamatt99, I have Done all the work to the car. The blower doesn't really sit higher, this car previously had a v1 on it, and the brackets are damn near the same. So the bottoms of the blowers are both at the same level, so the added height is the difference in the diameters of the blowers. This will fit under a stock ws6 hood for anyone who was asking.

I got more pics If anyone has more interest in the kit I did on the hugger orange car. it retains EVERYTHING factory, and u don't gotta cut up those nice bumper covers
Can you post some more pictures
Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ivan c
Joshua when is this set up going to be for sale?
Once we do some more testing here in the next couple weeks and have some numbers and verify everything works We will be getting it out to market. Tim (tim99ws6) is heading up the marketing effort on this, Im just one of the engineers getting it to work. We are going to see what the max capability of the 6 rib pulley is since we increased the size of the 6 rib on the jack shaft and got some pretty decent belt wrap... We also have an 8 rib option in the works to handle the higher HP application...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
Once we do some more testing here in the next couple weeks and have some numbers and verify everything works We will be getting it out to market. Tim (tim99ws6) is heading up the marketing effort on this, Im just one of the engineers getting it to work. We are going to see what the max capability of the 6 rib pulley is since we increased the size of the 6 rib on the jack shaft and got some pretty decent belt wrap... We also have an 8 rib option in the works to handle the higher HP application...
Would there be a 50mm cog set up ?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Default Subscribing

Man that is an awesome piece of work, Josh! Subscribing!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

This is RMCR's thread, so Josh, Myself, and anyone else associated with our kit will step out of the thread. I'll start a new thread for any questions with our kit. Please hold, while i try that extension!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed for new thread since RMCR dosent answer phones or email, sometimes a little V9-G trim dosent cut it. Thanks VORTECH ...
Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRENIGAR
Subscribed for new thread since RMCR dosent answer phones or email, sometimes a little V9-G trim dosent cut it. Thanks VORTECH ...
Don't worry, being on the phone personally, they care! it's just sometimes they underestimate the market!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:14 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Keep us all posted how y'all do with belt slippage.

If I was building an all out car, I'd run a gear drive setup, I don't think anyone will keep the belts on for a mid to low 8 car otherwise.

I really enjoyed the power of my old YSi setup from gosh 6-7 years ago, felt badass coming off the brake... 9.4@143 1.35 5.99 116mph 680rwhp 18 psi.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAmatt99
Ive got the RMCR top kit for the YSI. Brackets and all the hardware are below $900. everything else on the car was built in house by Poorboy Racing in ohio.

custom front mount a2w, retains all factory stuff. factory radiator location, factory battery location, factory fans, and retains all factory a/c and a/c lines.

about RMCR: I ve got all of my blower parts that i currently have through them. but, that included waiting 5 months in the spring for the brackets. We r using the 8" bottom pulley, and 2.5" top pulley(8 rib), for max boost/power. We went with the carbonite coated pulley bc we knew we were gonna be fighting belt slip issues. we talked with RMCR about this, and was told we were gonna be fine w this setup and he had gotten it to work before with a non-coated pulley. in the end, the pulleys werent even close to holding the power. With the slipping belt the car only made 18#s and only made 860whp. we have to go with a 50mm cog drive. After nothing but problems on the dyno, we called RMCR for the cog drive. We were quoted 2 weeks for the cog drive, after waiting 5 MONTHS, excuse after excuse, no reply to emails, never answers calls, we finally cancelled our order from RMCR. We r now looking to build our own setup. obviously we would not recommend anyone doing buisness with RMCR!

Hey Matt it was good talking with you. Sorry again for the delay. Here are some pics of what your cog drive that is leaving today will look like.

First pic is or Proto-Type out of steel second is our production version out of aluminum.

These brackets are tested to 80K RPM on the blower and we have not seen any flex or vibrations.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Here they are installed in the car. This is all under a stock WS6 hood with some minor cutting under the hood.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Don't worry, being on the phone personally, they care! it's just sometimes they underestimate the market!
Thanks. I have been very over whelmed this year on where the shop has been and is going. We used to sub out everything for manufacture. But, I was getting huge delays. So we just added another 3000 sq ft to the shop and have a dedicated side now for manufacturing.

We now have CNC plasma tables, mills, and lathes to do everything in house.

Sorry again to everyone that I have not answered the phone too or gotten back too. I also hired two more guys, so I can be in the office and be better about the phone and returning messages and emails.

Here is our new Low Mount kit for the 4th Gen cars.

It was designed for those not wanting to cut up the hoods or need for a cog drive.

The brackets will fit the following Vortech and Paxton Units.

V-3 Si Trim 1150 CFM
V-3 t Trim 1200 CFM

Paxton Novi 2200 1450 CFM

It will also work with a V-S YSi once Vortech releases it.

System runs all off one belt and can be configured with a 6 rib or 8 rib set for the Novi 2200

Comes with CNC Cut Brackets and Spacers
Upgraded Fan Shroud with 12" Spal HP fans
Upgraded Tensioner
Crank Pin Kit
4" Core Air to Air Intercooler w Mounts
K&N Air Filter
Vortech Maxflow Race Bypass Valve
3" Piping w/ Silicone Couplers and T Bolt Clamps
BMR Polished Radiator Shroud
NGK Spark Plugs

Your Choice of Si Trim, T Trim, or Novi 2200 Supercharger
Old 11-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Here are some pics of this new kit.

I also have a call in to be a supporting vendor. So hopefully they can get that setup today.

Thanks
Mike
Sales & Tech
RMCR
Old 11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Talked with Mike at RMCR today, sounds like a stand up guy. Definately knows his crap. I will be ordering his kit.
Thanks for you time Mike.

Quick Reply: RMCR High Mount YSI Set Up