Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Project: Stang' Bang: New Edge Turbo Build... class? Track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jax04, how do you like the Holley efi hp? Im back in forth with using my stock pcm and buying a standalone harness.....or getting the holley pcm and their ls1 harness and using the stock coils....they fixed that **** with the coils and boost rite? lol

I want to start tuning my know car again, had a honda couple years ago and using Hondata s300 and it was so easy tuning it. If I use the stock pcm it will be either Hp tuners or Efi Live....How easy is it to setup the Holley compared to the HpT/Efi Live?

Any pros/cons with the Holley Hp?

Also started a thread on YB and Here....please comment

O and sorry for the Hi jack lol
Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No hijack at all man. Thats what this thread is for

Alrighty, This will probably be somewhat lengthy, and sparatic as more things come to mind, lmao

First and Foremost, i want to let it be known, i do NOT like HPT. I dont like the interface, i hated how long it took to make changes, and upload the changes. NOW, ive been playing with it again latley and its much faster, but compared to the holley, you snap your fingers and the changes are uploaded, cycle the power, done.

At the moment, Im using the DIS coils, and honestly, its not bad, they just look like ****, lol.

The holley was SUPER easy to setup, literally, you can start with a Base LS1 tune file, DBC, and go from their, or you can create your own, which i did, now.

Just about all the parameters that dictate what kind of setup you are running are drop down menus, super easy to navigate.

I had some small trouble with getting it to idle and at the end it was a simple fueling issue and trying to change to many things at once.

Now that im into the Holley, i couldnt see changing, ive not had the pleasure of playing with a BS3 or Fast Xfi, just Holley and HPT and some EFI Live.

My only real complaints about the Holley, 1. DIS coils, 2. I suck at de-pinning harnesses and putting them back together, so i still have NOT hooked up either 2 step or my Tach wire.

The Holley was INCREDIBLY easy to wire up, i noticed a few things going through the install manual, one specific said to use sheilding wire around the crank and cam wires, however, HOlley was bad *** enough to do that from the factory.

The learn is something weird, without a doubt, Im not sure if this is accurate, what im about to type, i have not tried to look into it, as it just happened.

The other night, i was out giving her hell, and made a post about 185KPA, i believe i was wrong, as it was about 90*out that night.

Now, i was out again Sunday and was giving her a bit more hell and staying in her longer, etc. and watching the boost gauge, never passed 8 or 9 psi.

With that said, I THINK the holley was PROJECTING the amount of fuel i was going to be using, and adding it to my base fuel map, because i was getting learn data past where i was at and it was probably 80* out.

The boost control and Stock coil thing bugs me, but ive held onto my coils waiting and the boost control is coming, eventually, lol.

As far as the stock coil issue being fixed, i dont really know the real answer to that. Ive been told both ways. lol

Anyway, I personally love the Holley HP EFI, and think its a great tool.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Drove the car in its longest journey to date so far! About 40 minutes to work, this is always my first real drive when i complete a project, to work to the lift so i can inspect things. I havent lifted it up in the air yet, will later today. But it did great on the way to work, it was about 65* out this morning and it ran great. As suspected, still ZERO traction with 8lbs of boost.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Even though its been a blast to drive the few times its been out, The decision has been made!!!!!! The Stang Bang' will NOT BE OUT AGAIN UNTIL NEXT SPRING!!!!

Ive decided to make a few upgrades and its going to take until next spring to complete, aka, have the funds...

Rear end will be built/finished (new axles, dual rear calipers, spool, 3.27 gear)
Engine will be forged (wiseco/k1 combo, keeping my compression)
and cage will be updated to 25.5 spec (if i started with CM, i would go 25.2)
May even try to build some custom headers

Picked this up today, Edlebrock ProFlo intake. Beautiful piece.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Damnit make your mind up LOL!! I'm in the same boat..
Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Launching!

That car is begging for a silver paint job
Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Damnit make your mind up LOL!! I'm in the same boat..
NO! Lmao! I wanna go fast!

Originally Posted by Pete91
That car is begging for a silver paint job
Lol, im thinking more like Black, Burgundy, or Yellow lol.

Silver is nice, But not my style. lol
Old 08-31-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

WOOT!

Quick Reply: Project: Stang' Bang: New Edge Turbo Build... class? Track?