Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

scavenge pump mounting and drain line help

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, dont put the check valve after the pump, put it right at the oil feed for the turbo. I can show you a pic if you need it.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by schnellttz06
I have Turbo Werx pump mounted in the rear, right behind the diff on a C5 with two -10 lines coming in from a T and a -6 going back to the valve cover. I do have a check valve on each turbo, without it the oil will drain past the seals and blow out the exhaust. One way that may possibly fix that without check valves is to have the scavenge pump run on a turbo timer or something for maybe 30 seconds after the car is off to suck the oil out of the turbos, but then they might be a little dry on startup.
What you are saying makes no sense.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 04-03-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

ok, just so theres no confusion, i am running BOTH,
I already have a preturbo/feed side summit racing check vavle.

I just ordered a 10an check valve to go POST scavenger/immediatly after the pump so that when the cars shutoff, the return side doesnt drain in the turbo.

So i will be running 2 checkvalves. one for the feed side and one for the drain side, after the pump.
I also have my scavenger wired into my racetronix hotwire so that it primes w ith the fuel pump. I also cycle the key a couple times to get out some of the oil in the turbo out when i shut the car off.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
ok, just so theres no confusion, i am running BOTH,
I already have a preturbo/feed side summit racing check vavle.

I just ordered a 10an check valve to go POST scavenger/immediatly after the pump so that when the cars shutoff, the return side doesnt drain in the turbo.

So i will be running 2 checkvalves. one for the feed side and one for the drain side, after the pump.
I also have my scavenger wired into my racetronix hotwire so that it primes w ith the fuel pump. I also cycle the key a couple times to get out some of the oil in the turbo out when i shut the car off.
Im thinking of doing the same for my sts setup. sts installed a check valve right on the turbo feed and i would like to put one after the scavenger pump, are you having sucess with this?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

bump!!

any improvement noticed running a feed side check valve and a 2nd check valve right off the scavenger pump?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ibex37
bump!!

any improvement noticed running a feed side check valve and a 2nd check valve right off the scavenger pump?
Yes, that's how I did it.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:58 AM
8 Second Club

Received 730 Likes on 535 Posts

Ideally you want a large diameter drain going to a vented catch can. You never want the scavenge pump to pull a vacuum on the turbo drain itself, this can pull oil past the seals in the turbo. The only way to 100% prevent this is to have a vented sump of some sort. -6AN from the bottom of the sump to the pump and back to your oil pan/valve cover/whatever is fine assuming the pump can keep up with the volume and drain the sump faster than it fills. Most actual scavenge pumps will do this without issue.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it is pretty much a necessity to have a vented sump post turbo and pre scavenge pump?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 730 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarg
So it is pretty much a necessity to have a vented sump post turbo and pre scavenge pump?
Necessity may be a strong word as it seems some "get by" without. But to have a "proper" setup I'd say so. OEM guys all do, aircraft and auto.

Quick Reply: scavenge pump mounting and drain line help