Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

anyone try running a pair of these derale push/pull fans? Amp draw too much?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:25 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone mount them to the a/c condenser? I have a front mount turbo kit which retains a/c, so I put two fans on the a/c condenser. One fan is not enough for me. I had one fan go down yesterday and running only one on the condenser barely kept the car cool enough for me to get home.

Btw, I used the fuse and relay that came with the fans, and pull directly from the hot terminal over by the fuse block. I have never seen this before, but the fuses for the fans literally melted! Not sure if the 30amp fuses that come with the fans are junk, but they must run hot as all the plastic melted on the fuses, this was the cause of one fan not working yesterday.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The fuses they come with are junk. My main fan did the same thing so I just replaced the fuse block with something better and use buss fuses now.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used these fans One as a pusher, and one as a puller? That's all I have room for! Should still Work great right? Obviously I will try not to over lap them. Right now I got two 10" pullers, and the car over heats in traffic.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've read they are not reversable and there is a slightly different part # for the puller. i'd
give derale a call about that.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So 16925 is the pushers that go in front of the radiator?
Anyone have some for sale?

How do u wire it up so the pcm can still trigger the relay for the fan to activate?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

16925 is the pusher, yes.

here's how i had the key 12v powered i believe with the reds but the computer sends the signal via grounds and you can see how the greens were set up to receive the signal after the 3 fuses were removed. i never did get how to set them up for high and low so they're either on or off, depending on the temp. hope it helps....

Quick Reply: anyone try running a pair of these derale push/pull fans? Amp draw too much?