Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth vs Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Meth vs Nitrous

I know there is a debate going on about how much timing on meth, But on another subject, Who has run nitrous as a meth cooler and how was it? I am contemplating on nitrous. I believe it would be simpler, more of a cooling effect, Of course you will have to tune to it, What I mean by simpler is that I hear too much on the mixture of meth. I hear from 100%, to 50 / 50 to 20% ect...
Pros and cons of both?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One makes you laugh, the other makes you speed and your teeth fall out... Sorry man. I'm actually curious as well.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mconway68w
One makes you laugh, the other makes you speed and your teeth fall out... Sorry man. I'm actually curious as well.
I know one makes you laugh, I already have nitrous plumbed into the drivers seat with a pilots mask for me, I'm talking about spraying it into the motor
Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From an economy standpoint. Meth is cheaper.and more readily available.and provides a source of fuel as well.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

when you run meth you set it up and tune it to run 100% meth ...no water !!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate to say this but please have a search of these boards for info. There is a mountain of threads of meth injection, water / meth injection and using N2O. Do a search and find the info.

Chris.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chuntington101
I hate to say this but please have a search of these boards for info. There is a mountain of threads of meth injection, water / meth injection and using N2O. Do a search and find the info.

Chris.
Well don't say it then, I did do a search on meth vs nitrous and vice versa with no results, Why chime in just to give a negative comment. I just don't understand people like you...
Old 03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For outright performance, nitrous.....
but only really suitable/practical for a track orientated car.
it will put more demand on your fuel system {unless you have a stand alone fuel setup}
and won't add knock/det protection from added octane like meth will.
It will supercool inlet air temps and is a great power adder when setup correctly,

Meth is a more suitable option for a street car,
It will cool intake air temps and add knock/det protection, there would be a modest gain in power without any other changes just from the cooler air charge, and it will allow more boost and more timing to be supported for those that want to push there setup.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnv
it will put more demand on your fuel system {unless you have a stand alone fuel setup}
It will supercool inlet air temps and is a great power adder when setup correctly,

It will cool intake air temps and add knock/det protection, there would be a modest gain in power without any other changes just from the cooler air charge, and it will allow more boost and more timing to be supported for those that want to push there setup.
Good post.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Johnv

Thanks, Good post as F said. Yea I'm not looking for any more power, just the safety factor and I only run at the track when I go the the Ltx shootout.
Now I just need to decide which meth controller, I believe they are all pretty much the same and basically the mixture, I need to study up on that.Thanks again for the informative post....
Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Thanks, Good post as F said. Yea I'm not looking for any more power, just the safety factor and I only run at the track when I go the the Ltx shootout.
Now I just need to decide which meth controller, I believe they are all pretty much the same and basically the mixture, I need to study up on that.Thanks again for the informative post....
No in fact they are NOT in fact all the same, mixing alcohol in the wrong pump will destroy the pump causing catastrophic failure if your tuneup if using methanol in it's fueling table. And on that note please DO NOT mix meth with water!! For simplest reasons your "mixture" will never be consistent. Secondly the benefit of 100% methanol far succeeds the benefit of a mixture.
Put it this way a drum of 55 gallons of methanol is 180$ just about anywhere you are. I travel across the U.S. And still manage to find it, and I know a lot of fuel supply company even deliver. As far as kits go stay away from junk like snow performance ect.... The pumps are cheap and fail!
Get with Julio at Alky controls (813)265-1400. He will hook you up with anything you could ever need for a kit and is always there to help.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Martin718
No in fact they are NOT in fact all the same, mixing alcohol in the wrong pump will destroy the pump causing catastrophic failure if your tuneup if using methanol in it's fueling table. And on that note please DO NOT mix meth with water!! For simplest reasons your "mixture" will never be consistent. Secondly the benefit of 100% methanol far succeeds the benefit of a mixture.
Put it this way a drum of 55 gallons of methanol is 180$ just about anywhere you are. I travel across the U.S. And still manage to find it, and I know a lot of fuel supply company even deliver. As far as kits go stay away from junk like snow performance ect.... The pumps are cheap and fail!
Get with Julio at Alky controls (813)265-1400. He will hook you up with anything you could ever need for a kit and is always there to help.
Thanks, Good to know about the kits, Yea on the mixture I was talking about,is what you are saying, because I heard about a 50 /50 mix with water, straight meth ect. I will give Julio a call. Thanks again.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Alky control is the best!

Quick Reply: Meth vs Nitrous