Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Julio you turned to the blue oval?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2Ttype
Julio you turned to the blue oval?
I had a Turbo Trans Am with the 3.8 V6 Buick motor. Car got into the 10.50 range and was a lot of fun. The problem the car had is nobody knew what it was, understood it, hell at the track they would simply walk past it. Might as well been a Kia with a turbo.

My business is primarily GM based. 90+% of what I do is for the GM market. I contemplated getting a 4th gen, Vette, etc... But the LS platform has been very good to me. Considering such a small market share in the blue oval crowd.. I decided to jump over and do what is done on the GM platform on a Mustang. It was a purely business standpoint decision. So I get into the Ford crowd and its pure washer fluid injection and all kinds of mis-information. Now i'm waving the flag.. look at the results.. and still not finished. Funny you get an LS motor and a 5.0 motor same displacement and get you similar results.

I'm just a trouble maker now trying to re-write the wrong path they've been on.

The Tow vehicle is an Avalanche that desperately needs a turbo kit and meth system
Attached Thumbnails Explain Meth is it safe + dependable-reynoldsttalaunch.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Its really simple.
If you want a little more out of your setup then go meth/water. The water is the cooling agent in the motor. The meth is more the octane booster with cooling capacity.

For big power go 100% meth as others have said go for more octane. If you have E85 readily available then I dont know why you would consider using meth.
Lots of Evo/Talon cars running 100% meth at 35-40+psi. Granted displacement is smaller but still adding timing and running those high boost levels.

Now meth vs race gas.
I have seen myself that race gas still adds better spool over meth, both down low and midrange. In one situation on a supra and with the race gas around 5500-6500the curve increased higher and made more power in that region, just by a switch in the fuel, timing left the same. Down low spoolup there was no difference with timing adjusted maybe it was the turbo size which restricted the gain in spool down low.
In another situation with a smaller turbo, the race gas gained spool downlow and midrange.
In both situations peak was close to the same at the same boost.

Have the EMS tuned to detect things quickly. I dont believe those failsafes out there will react fast enough to minimize failure. I think your EMS would be better suited to catch abnormal behavious since its taking the readings, but even still its no guarantee since it happens too fast.

I dont use failsafes. I regularly check my kit and make sure its 100% running and the nozzles arent clogged. Call me dumb or whatever but I believe simple is better in this case. Its activated by a hobbs switch and progressively controlled with injector duty.
With my meth unit off running pump gas only the car acts up under boost. Thats my main failsafe.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Not to hi jack but i got a alky kit for sale
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Julio i know the Turbo TA, i see it at your shopp a few years back in Tampa ,nice car, what happened to it?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Julio
I'm just a trouble maker now trying to re-write the wrong path they've been on.

You are a trouble maker.

Glad to see you on the board.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anecdotal evidence only…

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Would it have any effect on a NA motor?
(Since no one addressed your question)

I installed a used Meth injection kit (off a member here who smashed his TA) onto the underside of my LT1’s aftermarket aluminum elbow (prior to the purchase and installation of my turbo) and drove it like that for a while; it helped.

My father and step-father (both drag racers) independently estimated via their butt-dynos (i.e. – sheet of the pants ‘feel’) that this modification added 25 HP after running back-to-back with the Meth kit turned OFF then turned ON.

(Again, this is only anecdotal evidence, I have no actual numbers.)

However, I can say this: in the summer, after a run with the Meth ON, my elbow and TB were both ice cold to the touch; so I experienced firsthand the cooling effect of the Meth.

Quick Reply: Explain Meth is it safe + dependable