Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

"Boost by gear" controllers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But traction control out of it the boost by vss works great. Like I said requires wiring and tuning skills but so do others this may just be a tad more involved then some and easier then others.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So without totally hijacking this guy's thread what would be the best way in your opinion to control traction. I really hope you don't "huh drivers mod" me. I'm trying to get into the low 9s with 275\40r20 p zeros. I already did a 10 flat with medium boost levels and the traction control I have maybe you can point me in the right direction here.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Simple...lots of trial and error via testing to see what works best for each and every combo...road surface, tyre type etc.

The fastest way to reduce power is timing...but often this will simply not be enough as there is only so much power can be reduced that way, and pulling lots of timing will create lots of heat within the engine, chamber, EGT's etc etc

After that it's either a fuel/spark cut. I use a fuel cut.

it's safe, clean and smooth. But obviously not all controllers are the same, so it's up to you to test to see what works best, what slip targets work best etc etc.

Some will also use throttle control via DBW, which can be useful but also has limitations as to response and feel.

Ideally though you'd have the power ramp in without losing traction in the first place. Some tyres simply do not like losing traction at all, others will be happier with a slight percentage of slip whilst still maintaining good forward motion.

Quick Reply: "Boost by gear" controllers?