Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats man, won't be long now
Old 02-22-2014, 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About time!! Looks good bro can't wait til you get some numbers. When you think it will be on the dyno?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
About time!! Looks good bro can't wait til you get some numbers. When you think it will be on the dyno?

thanks all. be on the dyno in the middle of march.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

Congrats!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats. It won't be long now. Looking forward to seeing it at Lassiter. Hope all goes well from here.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

we are trying to sort out some issues with the tranny. Jake reached out already in the automatic trans section but i wont have the codes till tomorrow and due to the clusterfuck of a weather situation up north most places are shut down, which is why I believe performance auto was closed and I could not get in touch with Frost about what his directions for his plug and play 60e-80e wiring harness were. The car will roll forward under its own power but has to be shifted like its a full manual valve body car, and you hit the trans brake to go into reverse and it just lunges and stops as if its thinking about it but would rather not. any ways...more on that later i suppose. I did get this video sent to me today via text message which made me smile. I titled it rightfully so....

Edit: and for those using this harness (frost tuning 4l60e to 4l80e harness ls1tech ws6) this is the information i have found that frost has posted on the EFI live forums including the directions that were on the bag it came in

Instructions:
Max out Trans Component Diagnostic Enable Temp in Trans Diag Tab
Ignore front VSS sensor (leave unplugged) and disable input speed sensor (if applicable)

and here is what he had to say later in the thread

Hey guys,

Hadn't been over this way in a while and just had this thread sent to me with questions.

P1870 is trans slip (DTC). In HPT, you have to set it's enable temp to max as noted. HOWEVER; the EFI Live work-around *SHOULD* be just updating the gear ratio in the trans cal to match the actual ratio of the 80's gears. I have not specifically tested this, but that MPH discrepancy is what triggers the slip DTC. This really should get you through without having to edit 1637/{E0804} in regards to it's error reporting as well as restoring the DTC's functionality. HPT users do not have access to change the trans' internal gear ratios for some reason.

Next, the other trip up is that the DTC for the ISS (ISS low) MUST be disabled in the TCM. Don't feel too bad; the HPT guys are just out of luck here. EFI Live will do it and so will Tunercat. The one GOTCHA is that there are a few years in the middle for the 60 where there IS an ISS even though there is no external cable/connection as you are used to seeing on later model units. The ISS actually goes through the gang-plug on the trans to get back to the OE harness. These units must have the ISS low DTC removed from the TCM as well as the later units with an external ISS.

The only other requirement is disabling TCC PWM (on/off lockup).

I offer to set up ALL of these things at time of checkout ($25) on the website so that end tuners/users will not NEED multiple software packages... you just send in the controller(s) and I take care of all of these things and send it back ready to tune on.

Past those items, it makes the 80 swap realllly easy.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 03-08-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

I paid off my MWC Fab 9. It has all sorts of goodies on it. Eric and A.J. have been patient with me and spec'd out what i need for this build and the next (hint).

I am also the proud new owner of a set of I.D. 1300cc injectors. These have stainless internals that are specifically made with Ethanol in mind.

The car is ready for the dyno, other than the fact the 4l80e is stuck in 2nd which is apparently limp mode. Trying to coordinate with Jakes Performance and Shortuning to get a phone call scheduled up while the car us hooked up to HPT and can give us some much needed data.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 03-07-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I like those injectors.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I paid off my MWC Fab 9. It has all sorts of goodies on it. Eric and A.J. have been patient with me and spec'd out what i need for this build and the next (hint).

I am also the proud new owner of a set of I.D. 1300cc injectors. These have stainless internals that are specifically made with Ethanol in mind.

The car is ready for the dyno, other than the fact the 4l80e is stuck in 2nd which is apparently limp mode. Trying to coordinate with Jakes Performance and Shortuning to get a phone call scheduled up while the car us hooked up to HPT and can give us some much needed data.
get the trans issue figured out, Jake's will not warranty anything if it due to tuning/electrical
Old 03-08-2014, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmaxvaz
get the trans issue figured out, Jake's will not warranty anything if it due to tuning/electrical
I am pretty sure thats the plan. A trans in second wont do much. Glad to see things are finally going your way OP.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
I am pretty sure thats the plan. A trans in second wont do much. Glad to see things are finally going your way OP.

definitely the idea. just been waiting for the harness swap recommended by the tuner. The new harness is from BP automotive (someone he is familiar with in KY) and is basically like the speartech from what I can tell, and will require the proper segment swap. I am hoping to see progress this week. Races have started here. 9 inch is on the way around the first week of april. I am shipping my backing plates (bought a set) to MWC so they can assemble it in house that way I can just pop it in without further delay. I have a set of slicks my buddy is going to let me borrow and will hopefully be at the track in may data logging.

some of the upgrades to the 9 are the tow loops. yukon gears (supposedly quieter) lightweight this and that. 5/8 studs. the rest is all double adjustable CM stuff with AFCO DA to compliment the ones in the front. needless to say I am trying to get the thing to hook up on a 275 pro tire. if people can run low 4's on em I dont see what I can not run much slower with them. if not ill chuck em and run a 28x10.5
Old 03-30-2014, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
definitely the idea. just been waiting for the harness swap recommended by the tuner. The new harness is from BP automotive (someone he is familiar with in KY) and is basically like the speartech from what I can tell, and will require the proper segment swap. I am hoping to see progress this week. Races have started here. 9 inch is on the way around the first week of april. I am shipping my backing plates (bought a set) to MWC so they can assemble it in house that way I can just pop it in without further delay. I have a set of slicks my buddy is going to let me borrow and will hopefully be at the track in may data logging.

some of the upgrades to the 9 are the tow loops. yukon gears (supposedly quieter) lightweight this and that. 5/8 studs. the rest is all double adjustable CM stuff with AFCO DA to compliment the ones in the front. needless to say I am trying to get the thing to hook up on a 275 pro tire. if people can run low 4's on em I dont see what I can not run much slower with them. if not ill chuck em and run a 28x10.5
Bp has some good products. I have used them on a few builds. Good quality stuff. I bought a lt1 24x conversion harness from them recently.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Bp has some good products. I have used them on a few builds. Good quality stuff. I bought a lt1 24x conversion harness from them recently.
yeah man i talked with bill and he really seems to know his stuff. josh is running one on his car, and unlike with my shitty pcm/frost harness his fired right up and drove straight to the dyno.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

What is going on with this thing?
Old 05-10-2014, 06:27 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 05-10-2014, 07:02 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe this thread has something to do with it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ct-2014-a.html

Quick Reply: F1A-390ci-E85