Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josh helped me out big time through out my build, including overnighting a set of headers because the idiots I did take it to didnt know wtf they were doing. I'll donate $20. Who's gonna set up the paypal acct?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I'm thinking we can at least get enough money together to get him and his customers squared away. Not saying "**** his personal things" but I'm sure a lot of stress would be relieved if all his customers were squared away.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still haven't forgotten the time he rewelded some one elses turbo manifold for me for free and in a couple days. Im in for $50
Old 05-18-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm down to help out.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This was brought up in his public announcement of the incident and Josh would not accept it. But if he does I'm in for some.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Or we can send this to Opra, she always helps people out, lol. On the other hand if I was him I'd say no also so I don't look like I can't do it myself out of pride BUT if people took it upon themselfs to start a KYTP fund to help out I'm sure he would gladly accept it!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as much as josh has helped me out id give !!!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone local to him needs to start it, so the funds can be delivered in person. Let's do this. We dont need his permission to start the funds coming in.... Sorry Josh.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've don't know him but I'm down to paypal some $$ to help out.. Everyone needs a hand every now and then, there's no shame in it at all. Especially since ls1tech is a close community we should help!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

let's do it.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

whats the paypal account?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

I'm in...
Old 05-18-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

I dont know anybody affected or even josh himself, but i would be more then happy to donate a few bucks, everybody needs a hand sometimes!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

I've been on the sidelines watching as I have no vested interest in KYTP or have his product. However, I give Josh alot of credit for being forthcoming with the information when it happened. I also commend him as he went through a rough stretch in the past being a sponsor here on ls1tech. Plenty of sponsors have come on here, been a flash in the pan, and then rode off into the sunset with peoples money. KYTP has stuck around, weathered the storm, and made a name for himself as someone who builds a quality product and in the end makes it right. Mainly because of the latter comment, I'll step up and offer my Paypal.

I don't see the need for it to be a custom Paypal account. I am a verified Paypal member and have been around the ls1tech community for awhile now. I've bought wheels from Tony (9Ball) and plenty know me as I've been featured in GM HighTech and High Performance Pontiac. Not bragging, simply stating that I'm not going anywhere and can be trusted.

My Paypal is XXXXXXXX. Please make sure that all donations are submitted as gifts and that you explicitly state "Donation for Josh at KYTP". I will collect all donations and have a certified cashiers check mailed to his work address. If anyone needs further information feel free to PM me.

Last edited by ddnspider; 05-20-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Josh posted up his Paypal
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

sent some money over
Old 05-18-2012, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by TX RED
sent some money over
Got it! I'll post up and let everyone know when its sent to Josh, obviously not for a few weeks so it can be done all at once.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

cool, I'll be sending soon... gotta get paid first..

I just hope he accepts it and uses it, someone mentioned that he didnt want donations.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ddnspider
I've been on the sidelines watching as I have no vested interest in KYTP or have his product. However, I give Josh alot of credit for being forthcoming with the information when it happened. I also commend him as he went through a rough stretch in the past being a sponsor here on ls1tech. Plenty of sponsors have come on here, been a flash in the pan, and then rode off into the sunset with peoples money. KYTP has stuck around, weathered the storm, and made a name for himself as someone who builds a quality product and in the end makes it right. Mainly because of the latter comment, I'll step up and offer my Paypal.

I don't see the need for it to be a custom Paypal account. I am a verified Paypal member and have been around the ls1tech community for awhile now. I've bought wheels from Tony (9Ball) and plenty know me as I've been featured in GM HighTech and High Performance Pontiac. Not bragging, simply stating that I'm not going anywhere and can be trusted.

My Paypal is nickstix@gmail.com. Please make sure that all donations are submitted as gifts and that you explicitly state "Donation for Josh at KYTP". I will collect all donations and have a certified cashiers check mailed to his work address. If anyone needs further information feel free to PM me.
A suggestion. As stated in this thread "how evil people can become when money is involved." Post 35. Just to be on the up and up with everything. Being you was the first one to step up to the plate and offer your personal paypal for the money to be sent to on Josh's behalf. I think you should post up everyday the names of who gave money and how much they gave. So those that gave can see and everyone can keep a count on the money being took in. Not saying anything bad about you or anything. But with all do respect, I don't know you personally and neither does the majority on here.

With that said I think it is great to see people pull together to help a man when he is down. In case some of you are wondering what gives me the right to speak on this. My car is at Josh's shop with all my parts and everything paid for up front. 13 years of saving and buying parts. About somewhere around $80,000 invested. Not much of my stuff got took, thank God.

I would love to see the LS1TECH family raise enough so Josh can get things rolling at full speed on taking care of what needs to be took care of. I thank everyone in advance and may God bless you all.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Burken01
cool, I'll be sending soon... gotta get paid first..

I just hope he accepts it and uses it, someone mentioned that he didnt want donations.
That he did! But Josh seems to be the type of man with a lot of pride and a man with a lot of pride is not the type of man to say "Yeah that a great ideal, taking up money for me so I can put this behind me and make things right with everyone." Nope that's not Josh. But I think he would be much grateful to get a check for the amount need or half the amount need to make things right. That would take a lot of stress off his shoulders.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by craig382ci
A suggestion. As stated in this thread "how evil people can become when money is involved." Post 35. Just to be on the up and up with everything. Being you was the first one to step up to the plate and offer your personal paypal for the money to be sent to on Josh's behalf. I think you should post up everyday the names of who gave money and how much they gave. So those that gave can see and everyone can keep a count on the money being took in. Not saying anything bad about you or anything. But with all do respect, I don't know you personally and neither does the majority on here.

With that said I think it is great to see people pull together to help a man when he is down. In case some of you are wondering what gives me the right to speak on this. My car is at Josh's shop with all my parts and everything paid for up front. 13 years of saving and buying parts. About somewhere around $80,000 invested. Not much of my stuff got took, thank God.

I would love to see the LS1TECH family raise enough so Josh can get things rolling at full speed on taking care of what needs to be took care of. I thank everyone in advance and may God bless you all.
good idea!!

Quick Reply: Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.