Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.

Nothing much to report, since the break in at Josh's shop, Kentucky Turbo.. With no turbos, BS3, radiator, inercooler, etc, the car is pretty much at a stand still. Pretty frustrated with the whole deal. The car drove when I took it there, and now I cant even drive it..

The insurance is not going to cover the theft of parts, as I did not have a rider on the aftermarket items, which in my mind didn't need to have a rider, as the project wasn't complete, and parts were still being added, in addition to my thoughts that it would be covered on his insurance.

Josh says he will come through, and make it right.. I hope that comes out to be the case, but I've completely lost trust in everyone at this point. The project has stretched to 2 years, and has turned into a complete nightmare.

Advice to others, put a rider on your car, and parts, if you value your car. Do as much of the work on your car as you can, and don't take your car to any shop for long term projects, without getting the info up front of the shops insurance.

I'm not trying to trash anyone, I've been very patient, and want it clear that I am doing my home work, and would love to avoid legal action, but I'm prepared to go that route if needed. In the end, I'm not the bad guy, I just want my $$ back for services not rendered, and parts not received, then I can put this behind me, and move on in life..
Old 05-13-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks im sure josh will come through with replacing the parts that just alot of coin just on the parts that were stolen from you, has he totaled up everything he owes people?
Old 05-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

You're not here to trash anyone, but you're prepared to go the legal route if needed? I can understand your frustration and can even appreciate your advice regarding a rider. It's a crappy situation. I just don't see what coming on the forum and threatening legal action, and I've done my homework, and yada yada yada accomplishes. You think that is going to make Josh try any harder to help you because I guarantee you he is doing the best he can currently.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

I don't know.. I just know I'm out a lot of $, and just want resolution. My car was there almost 2 years, so I don't know where I fall at in the pecking order, but he asked for 60 days to get things straight. That was a month ago.. No word, so I'm hoping he's working it out.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

I hate the situation for you. It sucks. Just don't give up yet. If this gets drug through court you're talking about many more months or even years before it's resolved. You've waited this long. Hang in there for another 30 days and see what happens.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 0269camaro
I hate the situation for you. It sucks. Just don't give up yet. If this gets drug through court you're talking about many more months or even years before it's resolved. You've waited this long. Hang in there for another 30 days and see what happens.
Agree, I was referring to after the 60 days. My attorney suggest that I not wait any longer than the time agreed upon.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to know how it takes 2 years to get any amount of work done? Did you keep changing your mind mid build and cause a complete redesign?
Old 05-13-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
I want to know how it takes 2 years to get any amount of work done? Did you keep changing your mind mid build and cause a complete redesign?
No, it was designed as a twin turbo setup from the start.. That's really a question you would have to ask the man in charge of the build.

The motor was sent out to get pistons changed, because he wasn't comfortable with the high compression that was in the motor. But cam needed to be changed anyway, along with lifters,

Clearly wasn't a priority.. I should have gotten the kit, and made it a winter project. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not bagging on the guy. He has had a bad luck deal here but still, 2 years?
I hope they catch at least one of the spineless cowards that broke in there. I'd beat them with a garden hose until it was in threads. Then tell them the good news. "Hey I am out of garden hose. Bad news is Lowes has 100 footers on sale."
Old 05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kytp

Hey guys,
It seems like all if this was ill timed for everyone involved. I have never gotten the idea that josh is someone to rip people off. He hasn't ever set any speed records on building the kits but he's always been up front about that and explains it thoroughly. It takes time, but when he's done you have a kit that couldn't fit better. I'm sure he'll come through, but it's one of those things that shouldn't have happened. If people would be honest and earn their damn money and never steal this wouldn't be happening. As for those involved, I feel for you. It's never a good thing, but understand that it isn't Josh's fault. Things were just aligned for a disaster. I don't know of anyone who can come up with the type of money that is needed to replace what is stolen. For a turbo shop that is still growing it is really hard to absorb that kind if hit. Please be patient. I'm sure he'll come through. Good turbo shops that are dependable and honest are a rare commodity these days. Don't run him into the ground. If you have issues please handle them in pms or phone calls. Bad publicity at this point is crippling and really isn't needed. It isn't going to change anything. I don't claim to know all and I know I'm not in your position. I can see where you would want to tell me to kick rocks for what I'm posting. I'm just trying to give a little outside advice. I feel bad for both the people involved and for Josh. He's got a family to support just like the rest of us so I see no point in Josh trying to ruin his livelihood. As for his craftsmanship I can say I'm totally pleased with the fit of my kit. I'm sure you'll be pleased with yours once this bs is all cleared up. Good luck to you sir and those involved. Josh, I hope things work out for you. The people who stole the stuff ought to be frickin monkey stomped and hung. Get a real life and job. Earn what you want. It's people like you who are ruining this country because your f'ing lazy and you spend more time and effort trying to scam, steal and work the system rather than trying to earn your money. Get off your dead asses and get a job. Theives are the lowest scumbags on this earth and in my opinion: Your mom should have swallowed. Just my humble 1.00. Good luck guys I'm sorry for your troubles.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black Sunshine/ 00SS
Nothing much to report, since the break in at Josh's shop, Kentucky Turbo.. With no turbos, BS3, radiator, inercooler, etc, the car is pretty much at a stand still. Pretty frustrated with the whole deal. The car drove when I took it there, and now I cant even drive it..

The insurance is not going to cover the theft of parts, as I did not have a rider on the aftermarket items, which in my mind didn't need to have a rider, as the project wasn't complete, and parts were still being added, in addition to my thoughts that it would be covered on his insurance.

Josh says he will come through, and make it right.. I hope that comes out to be the case, but I've completely lost trust in everyone at this point. The project has stretched to 2 years, and has turned into a complete nightmare.

Advice to others, put a rider on your car, and parts, if you value your car. Do as much of the work on your car as you can, and don't take your car to any shop for long term projects, without getting the info up front of the shops insurance.

I'm not trying to trash anyone, I've been very patient, and want it clear that I am doing my home work, and would love to avoid legal action, but I'm prepared to go that route if needed. In the end, I'm not the bad guy, I just want my $$ back for services not rendered, and parts not received, then I can put this behind me, and move on in life..

**** those guys, I hope karma get's their ******* ***. If you can get something in writing its always good. He sounds like a man of his word....and I would not want to go into arbitration with someone who is also disrupted by the events that have unfolded. I would call and get **** cleared up. Be assertive ya know. Say what you mean, and mean what you say type o ****. I do however want to ask (hijack) what insurance company you are dealing with. They are all pieces of ****, but I too need someone to cover my mods. Geico dropped my *** like a rock when I sent them the receipts.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still trying to figure out what this thread is going to accomplish you?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 124 Likes on 62 Posts

Yeah im confused on the purpose of this thread? It absolutely blows that this happened and your property was involved but this thread wont bring any of those parts back, nor will it get your car done. Josh has been arguably one of the best sponsors this site has ever had. His reputation speaks for itself. Not a single person has claimed that he participated in any form of shady business practices by screwing them over.

i know you want things to get rolling on your car again but i think the best thing you can do is keep talking to josh and bring the car home. If josh says he will make it right, then i dont think a single person on this site would dispute that. Im sure you have a list of all that you lost and i would work to come to an agreement on what "making it right" means. I personally would get the car home and finish the build myself. obviously, you are initially eating the cost again but this is where you need to work josh into the equation whether it be flat out reimbursement, parts or whatever.

How would you want your customers to treat you if you were in his shoes? Not bashing your frustration, just saying this issue should stay between you guys until something is worked out
Old 05-13-2012, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

I think you should give him a chance.. I can see if it was after the 60 days but why are you starting a thead now... You don't think he is worried about his business,customers, and most of all his family.. Since I join this form he helped me with dumb *** questions and always helped.. I finally got one of his kits (used) and couldn't be happier.. I would discuss this private not for everyone to see.. Unless he tells you to get lost, and I donT think that would happean.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

Good luck Harold. I know your car was there a long time I thought you were going to be out last fall.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

2 years is a pretty good chance..... Id be pissed too... seems to have been a lot of cars in and out posted on here over 2 years?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear Harold. Ive been keeping an eye out for your build progress thread for a long time and this is what I ran into... sucks.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

The point of the thread is to stress to everyone to cover your *** on your insurance. I come home after a 70 hr work week, only to read that my insurance is not going to cover the added items. Kinda frustrating. I am fighting it, but we know how long that can take.
My car is home, just tapped out, and thus unable to complete the project.
I'm sure Josh is a great guy, that's not what this is about. It's about business. My insurance co sure doesn't give a **** if I'm a hard working good guy. They say I should of had the added coverage of a rider. Kinda hard to have a rider when I never received the car with the parts I ordered.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Good luck Harold. I know your car was there a long time I thought you were going to be out last fall.
I know. I expected to be in the 8's by now.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
Sorry to hear Harold. Ive been keeping an eye out for your build progress thread for a long time and this is what I ran into... sucks.
Thanks Denny. I'm sure I'll run into you this summer. I'm back in Detroit, for a few.

Quick Reply: Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.