Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MSD 8733 2-Step w/Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Need_a_Camaro
I was playing around with my MSD box last night, and it just seems off. I'm used to the violent reaction my DSM had to the 2 step. Anybody have a vid of their LSX car on the 2 step?
it is very mild compared to other setups i have heard.

i dont sit on the two step for more than about a sec but you can hear it around the 47 sec mark here

[youtube]PHzOcd4zKzk[/youtube]
Old 05-20-2012, 08:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

MSD > Lingenfelter 2 step, just do some research, lots of lingenfelter issues. The rpm limit thing is a non issue as already stated. It prevents reactivating inbetween shifts on a manual car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8S2j...0&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J-aR...4&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlMH1...3&feature=plcp
Old 05-21-2012, 04:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dville_gt
My Lingenfelter just crapped the bed so I bought a MSD last night.

I just read the instructions and this whole rpm must drop 1/3rd lower then the set point to activate has me concerned. I like to build boost on the footbrake against the converter as I roll into the beams, then I have the 2 step activate through the t-brake. Does this mean the RPM's have to be under 2500 for it to activate a 3700rpm limiter? If so I am screwed with this unit as I footbrake it much higher then that.
What went wrong with the box? Did you check to see if the box is still under warranty? The LNC's carried a 90 day warranty and we have enxtended the warranty to 1 year on the new LNC's. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan@Lingenfelter
What went wrong with the box? Did you check to see if the box is still under warranty? The LNC's carried a 90 day warranty and we have enxtended the warranty to 1 year on the new LNC's. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Ryan
It was an LNC-001 so I doubt it is still under warranty! The unit worked fine last time I parked the car. Went out to start it and it'd just crank crank crank. I noticed the lights on the unit were both on and very very dim. I bypassed it and the car started right up. Tried cleaning the pins and making sure no wires were crushed or broken, but everything looks perfect. Plugged the MSD in and all is well.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was an LNC-001 so I doubt it is still under warranty! The unit worked fine last time I parked the car. Went out to start it and it'd just crank crank crank. I noticed the lights on the unit were both on and very very dim. I bypassed it and the car started right up. Tried cleaning the pins and making sure no wires were crushed or broken, but everything looks perfect. Plugged the MSD in and all is well.
If it is an LNC-001 we will take the old unit in as a partial trade towards a new one as well.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 05-21-2012, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So you are able to build boost like I was able to with the MSD?
Old 06-08-2012, 08:26 PM
9 Second Club

So I finally got time to play around with the 2 step a bit. At 4500 rpm it makes 15psi, which I'm guessing is way too much. At 3500 rpm, it made 9-10 psi within a few seconds. My question is, what are you guys leaving on boost wise? I run 325 MTs, and the suspension setup to make them hook. It's been 1.3 60' on the footbrake back when I ran the D1. I know I'll have to take it to the track to fine tune it, but I want a good jumping off point.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The most boost you can hook is what I would run.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Resident

Just to update, the MSD works fine out of the box building boost on the foot brake then activating it with the tbrake. It'll activate even if you are above the 1/3rd rpm threshold, it just won't reactivate it unless you drop below that threshold.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Hey, just doing some research on these MSD 2-steps. I was wondering, how long is the coil harness? Where did you mount it? I haven't found it on any websites selling them.

Quick Reply: MSD 8733 2-Step w/Turbo