Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need help finding spark plug, TR7 alternate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help finding spark plug, TR7 alternate?

I am looking for a TR7 spec plug, but I need the sealing ring type of plug vs. the tapered seal. I am running AFR heads and they require the sealing ring type plug. I have been running the 3922 autolite plugs, Im just not having any luck with them. Im ready to try something new. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Can anybody maybe point me in the right direction. They guys behind the parts counters are clueless. I just need a part number for a TR7 plug with a sealing ring instead of the tapered seal. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...reference.html
Old 05-20-2012, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why a projected tip?

I argued this point that a projected tip is what should be run in a boosted motor, only to find out recently that I was very wrong.

Pre-ignition is a nasty thing. Non-projected tip helps a lot in keeping this from happening.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Why a projected tip?

I argued this point that a projected tip is what should be run in a boosted motor, only to find out recently that I was very wrong.

Pre-ignition is a nasty thing. Non-projected tip helps a lot in keeping this from happening.

At this point I will take any advice I can get. A non projected tip would be great, I just need a part number for a sealing ring plug with about the same heat range as the TR7. These 3922 plugs I am using suck, but they were recommended by AFR for use with their heads. Im not even sure what heat range they are. For some reason the ceramic surrounding the electrode keeps breaking and they will not keep their gap. I am running about 24-26# boost. Thank you for your response!!

Thank you for the chart Tally TransAm I think that is what I was looking for.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks! So you need a gasket seat plug? I think you will find what you needed in the chart tally posted.

At that much boost I'd be looking at a B8EFS at the least. What compression and fuel?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
That sucks! So you need a gasket seat plug? I think you will find what you needed in the chart tally posted.

At that much boost I'd be looking at a B8EFS at the least. What compression and fuel?
I am definitely going with a colder plug realizing after reviewing the chart that I was running the right plug. Engine is 8:1 compression, pump 90 fuel, with 50/50 water meth injection. I think timing is somewhere around 18*, but its been a while since I looked at it to remember. Im probably going with a 9 or 10 heat range. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Need help finding spark plug, TR7 alternate?