Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ls1freak33- 370/D1

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

What happened? Incorrect firing order? Were the coils hook up in the correct order.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This motor was knocking before we ever got it.... The knock we heard before was from this, without a doubt.. When we thought it was "fixed" is actually when the rod finally broke through the block, the knocking stopped cause it no longer had anything to hit... 2-3" in side of block, valve is sticking through the side of the block down by the rod, you can't even tell there was one of the pistons in the cylinder except the carnage it left behind, heads are trashed, most ARP rod bolts are still good, crank is scared bad, the list goes on... It is not pretty. We got it on the engine stand and turned it over and you just heard chunks falling. There was more antifreeze when we drained it then there was oil.

My guess? It started knocking with the old owner and they pawned it off before it let completely go... From the initial start it was knocking horribly (EVERYTHING was checked very thoroughly before ever turning this motor over for the first time).. Between letting it idle trying to figure out the knock, and tuning/etc... It put the hole in the block. I am in shock it was even running. We haven't even seen 2,000 RPMs since we have started the motor..

We are going to talk to the guy we purchased the block from and see what he is willing to do... It should be a complete refund. Of course it took him a while to get all the parts to start the car so paypal is going to do absolutely nothing at this point.

At this point Justin is still completely up in the air on what his plans are... The options range all the way from throwing a 5.3 in it to run it for the time being with the blower setup until he can fund a stroker... Selling one of his DD cars and a mountain truck and buying a stroker... Or selling the blower setup complete and switching all the way over to a forged motor and adding nitrous. He is still in "shock" and it hasn't really hit him yet so we will give it a few days, find out where the seller stands/etc and go from there. I know he is pretty tight on money as is since he JUST got done with the build.

Pics will be up in just a moment...

Teaser:
Old 07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, shitty situation. I hope the guy who sold you the engine comes with most of the cash back.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is the valve from the head actually sticking through the side of the block, bit blurry but you can see it.

I'm heading to work.. I'll finish posting the pics if Justin doesn't do it before then.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Launching!

FML

havnt rele thought bout it just yet so hasnt suck in, but sure it will later......

what i might think of doing is maybe a 408 now. just a thought.

Last edited by ls1freak33; 07-19-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Ok found me a new long block possibly will give more detail after find out on funds for it
Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gotta be shitting me. Wow. Evan hit me up on Skype, I'm back where I told you I would be.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Damn dude that sucks. Im really sorry to hear that man. I was looking forward to it being up and running by the time I got back.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Martin said your tune was fucked and it has already caused major internal damage....... Sorry bro.
Is this just ironic to me only?

LOL the funny thing is we we're really just joking!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:56 AM
10 Second Club

Woops, did I do that???

Justin Bro, I really dunno what to say. That is some crazy **** I have never seen an engine failure without at least putting some RPM/load to it.

I would be in shock also.

You know what my recommendation is going to be...
Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
You gotta be shitting me. Wow. Evan hit me up on Skype, I'm back where I told you I would be.

nope it is true man, sucks. but least i got a excuse to go bigger now for it.

Originally Posted by geoffreymexico
Damn dude that sucks. Im really sorry to hear that man. I was looking forward to it being up and running by the time I got back.

and yes me to. pro still be back up before yours thogh
Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06

and actually to think about it, that is ironic lol joking around is only funny till you pokes somebodies eye out...... or in this case motor goes bad lol.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Good things come to those who wait.........or that's what they tell me anyways
Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1freak33
nope it is true man, sucks. but least i got a excuse to go bigger now for it.

and yes me to. pro still be back up before yours thogh

and actually to think about it, that is ironic lol joking around is only funny till you pokes somebodies eye out...... or in this case motor goes bad lol.
It's all fun and games till you get a bitch pregnant...wait....wrong thread.

Did you ever try to start it up with the firing order that was in the tune to begin with that we noticed wasn't correct and changed to the correct firing order?

Reason I ask is I just saw Alchemist's post asking about firing order and made me think about that again.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Did you ever try to start it up with the firing order that was in the tune to begin with that we noticed wasn't correct and changed to the correct firing order?

Reason I ask is I just saw Alchemist's post asking about firing order and made me think about that again.
Yea firing order was to correct oem, didnt change it from stock
Old 07-20-2012, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got some parts I'd be willing to donate, stock rotating assembly, you'll just need a block.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

LOL I died laughing... CALLED IT!

Woops, did I do that???

Justin Bro, I really dunno what to say. That is some crazy **** I have never seen an engine failure without at least putting some RPM/load to it.

I would be in shock also.

You know what my recommendation is going to be...
I am 100% this motor was fucked when we got it... I think it was definitely turning some RPMs when the initial damage started. That knock was there the VERY first second the motor turned over.

I have talked to several people and everyone is saying there is no way we caused this by anything we did... Just got shafted on a deal, and it will be known.

Yea.. I thought about it too.

Heeeeeey... Be careful with that one... That isn't even something to joke about! HAHA

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
I got some parts I'd be willing to donate, stock rotating assembly, you'll just need a block.
Thanks a ton for the offer man... Justin, I know what you want to do but this might be a decent route.
I'll give you my shortblock if you want to go this route.. It would need a hone I'm sure but you would be in very little.

Looks like he is going forged 370... Either from the guy he bought the D1 from or TMS. I let Kyle in on the ordeal yesterday and he is going to do what he can to help us out, going with a motor very similar to mine but around 9.5:1 if he goes this route.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

there are some nice prepped boost ready blocks on classifieds. get you a rotating assy, and get this hoe going again. believe me.....i know how you feel. at least my motor saw some rpm though. dont give up. just be patient.....very patient.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
thanks man, but i'm just gonna put money in a forged bottom and get it over with lol.... but it will be worth it in long run

Looks like he is going forged 370... Either from the guy he bought the D1 from or TMS. I let Kyle in on the ordeal yesterday and he is going to do what he can to help us out, going with a motor very similar to mine but around 9.5:1 if he goes this route.
and yes, one of the two, depending on how patient i will be lol

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
there are some nice prepped boost ready blocks on classifieds. get you a rotating assy, and get this hoe going again. believe me.....i know how you feel. at least my motor saw some rpm though. dont give up. just be patient.....very patient.

yea i seen some on there also, but just gonna hold out for now and hope i can get money up fast, and yea sucks mine didnt even have a chance to idle... and going to try and be patient.... hardest part to do........
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by geoffreymexico
Good things come to those who wait.........or that's what they tell me anyways
so you are right

well this build thread will keep going
picking long block up next week, only thing i will have to do is put my intake and front accessories on and will be running, shouldnt be no later than next thursday for it to be on the road driving.

Quick Reply: Ls1freak33- 370/D1