Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Precision Turbo THIEVES!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good lord!!!!! ^^^^^^ I think hes missing half his turbo...
Old 06-27-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great, I just bought at PT7576 last week.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

And the worst part about it all. You will NEVER find a precision rep come on the forums. No one there is willing to step up to the plate to fix their known issues. Saving face at this point is going to cost them some money. Repairing turbos or replacing them. PERIOD. By the time a guy ships turbos, has them rebuilt and shipped back,.... hes 300-500 off from buying a brand new turbo from a different vendor.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tiago
precision = chinese junk
Tiago, i dont know you. but i know you ahve been in the game a LONG time.

but it is funny to see someone like you say this. arnt most of Turbonetics and borg wheels made in china??

and arent garrett now form mexico??

idk every company has problems. i had to GT35r garrett turbos break on me and both times garrett told me what to fix. but told me to get fucked on warrenty.

so no i run PTE and i have never had an issue.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess I got lucky,they got me back in the 90's......for a total of about 900......after he second time, I switched turbos. Later I sent their turbo to another vendor and was enlightened of the problem. What I had was doomed to fail......by design. I still have the peices to that turbo, cause Im into for 900 bucks, and its just a couple parts.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Toxic-Evo
idk every company has problems.
Right. Everyone is in panic mode because of one problem, and Precision is taking care of it for him. So everything looks good.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Banned

Seems damn near everyone is on the Precision Turbo Hating Band Wagon right now. Must be that all the cool kids are doing it.

Everyone needs to get a Grip. Precision PROMOD turbo's are having some Major Issues. While this is happening Precision Turbo's are kicking *** at the Races in a Dozen other classes and Combinations.

If you think for a second that Garrett, Borg Warner, Turbonetics, and Damn near every other Turbo Company out there hasn't had their share of issue's you need to wake the Hell up.

Its not real Hard to figure out when you run at the top of your Game, everyone is watching you. When there is an issue with your Product everyone is going to be on top of it. There are a few Threads over on the Bullet if you have some time to Kill.

I for one have bought and will continue to buy 10's of Thousands of dollars of Precision Turbo's a year. Hell make that This Month Alone...
Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I must add that I have/had a Garrett GT3076R ball bearing turbos that failed prematurely twice, not due to anything I did incorrectly as I do turbo work for a living building turbo systems from scratch for almost any vehicle and know very what to do and not do.

This is only to say any turbo of any brand can fail, even Garrett turbos are made in China starting last year, Shhhhhh! dont tell anybody, lol.

I am going to build a turbo setup for my Tacoma LS1 conversion and I am really leaning towards a Borg Warner, it seems that they are doing more R&D than most and always trying to upgrade their units, and I am sure others are doing this as well.

I know that I will not use the Garrett GT series again after my turbo taking almost $2000 from my pocket only to end up with a paper weight, a really expensive one I must say.

I do like the Comp turbos, but the price makes my ********* run soo far away they replace my eyeballs for a moment...but Like the thought of no oiling and I dont like the thought of no oiling, lol, yeah I am scared, I cant see how a turbo can run self contained oiling when it gets that hot, I mean the oil just HAS to eventually break down right?
I will get one after somebody puts over 50K miles on one..
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Put it this way, I know a lot more about LS turbo combos now from crewing on Andy's car and I know that my turbo was still set up properly and was not overboosted. I experienced poor custom service. I would never buy from there again.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
Seems damn near everyone is on the Precision Turbo Hating Band Wagon right now. Must be that all the cool kids are doing it.

Everyone needs to get a Grip. Precision PROMOD turbo's are having some Major Issues. While this is happening Precision Turbo's are kicking *** at the Races in a Dozen other classes and Combinations.

If you think for a second that Garrett, Borg Warner, Turbonetics, and Damn near every other Turbo Company out there hasn't had their share of issue's you need to wake the Hell up.

Its not real Hard to figure out when you run at the top of your Game, everyone is watching you. When there is an issue with your Product everyone is going to be on top of it. There are a few Threads over on the Bullet if you have some time to Kill.

I for one have bought and will continue to buy 10's of Thousands of dollars of Precision Turbo's a year. Hell make that This Month Alone...
Some may be but I dont think everyone is talking about the product being horrible, its the customer service that people are complaining about.
Isnt the customer suppose to always be right?

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying they should give everyone a free turbo every time something goes wrong with one of theirs but making someone pay full or even close to is insane if the product is new and its obviously not an installation issue. A company like them that sell millions of turbos each year doesnt need to nickle and dime the lone racer paying out of pocket because soon enough those racers will spread the bad news...and bad news travels fast.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
Some may be but I dont think everyone is talking about the product being horrible, its the customer service that people are complaining about.
Isnt the customer suppose to always be right?

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying they should give everyone a free turbo every time something goes wrong with one of theirs but making someone pay full or even close to is insane if the product is new and its obviously not an installation issue. A company like them that sell millions of turbos each year doesnt need to nickle and dime the lone racer paying out of pocket because soon enough those racers will spread the bad news...and bad news travels fast.
I agree 100% that customer service good be better. As for the customer Always being right, I don't agree with that at all. That may work at Wal-Mart and Kroger. In the Performance game there are to many know it all idiots that think they are always right.

I wont say I know everyone's situation. Wont try to. Its the Band Wagon BS i don't agree with.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Put it this way, I know a lot more about LS turbo combos now from crewing on Andy's car and I know that my turbo was still set up properly and was not overboosted. I experienced poor custom service. I would never buy from there again.
Alot of things can be learned about this game working with a Race Team John. I still have the GT47/88 of your with the broke shaft. I looked at it a little. That bitch definitely got out of balance. Don't know much about it past that.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Twice
Old 07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To my suprise my Turbo was sent out last Friday already and will arrive tomorrow. Very quick seeing as Wednesday they agreed to repair it. I really hope it meets my expectations and the individual that turned my opinion about pt doesn't speak for the whole company. With the speed it was sent back I'm halfway worried it will be a box of parts but I'm paranoid LOL. Tomorrow will tell maybe the individuals who also had bad luck with pt just spoke to the wrong person maybe not who knows.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
Precision is ****. I would never run them, EVER. Garrett, Borg Warner/BEP, or Exile.
What do you have or own to back up all the statements you make on here??? There are tons of people who just regurgitate what they read on the internet without having any factual real world experience with stuff.

Yes, it's been known for a while that a lot of the new CEA Precision turbos have been blowing up. That doesn't mean that every Precision turbo ever made is junk.

Some have success with them, and some don't - as is with any turbo manufacturer out there. There isn't one turbo manufacturer out there that doesn't have a customer who's blown a turbo. It's just the nature of the sport.

I'm not trying to be biased just because I have older model Precision turbos. I researched a lot before I made my decision. The price I got mine for, and the fact they already made 1200whp in a similar build to mine is why I chose to buy them. My next set of turbos will come from Comp Turbo though, as they custom manufacture all their turbos in house, and their customer service was top notch when I called them just to get information.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

turbonetics had this issue with turbos for a 7.3 powerstroke they made. Turbo's are gonna fail. Part of the game if we like it or not.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is no question that Precision Turbos win races but their customer service is abysmal (unless you are on a big money race team). In the old days, when there was no internet, you could chalk it up to one disgruntled client. Can't hide that **** online. I've never heard of someone sending in their turbo and them agreeing to fix it under warranty on the first try.

In contrast, BonnarLS1 sent a piece of ringland thru one of his Masterpower turbos. He called them, told them it was his fault and they still warrantied it. Got it back in 2 weeks (they had it for a week) and it looked like a brand new piece.

Josh, I hope that the 106 that Joe bought from you doesn't have the issues that alot of thse other thumpers have been having. What sucks is that that car wont be done for another year.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Josh, I hope that the 106 that Joe bought from you doesn't have the issues that alot of thse other thumpers have been having. What sucks is that that car wont be done for another year.
No worries Bro. I have had over 2 dozen Large Frame Precision Turbos that have made their way to customers car in the last year with no issues what so ever. I will stand behind Precision Turbo until they give me a reason not too.

I just wont stand to close the BBC Outlaw and ProMod cars running ProMod turbo's. Be it Precision or Garrett. Those bitches are sketchy.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Everything Precision is chinese. I saw one of their T04E's a couple weeks ago and nothing in it was OE garrett. It looked like a strait up ebay turbo with Precisions compressor housing.

All of their Billet wheel stuff needs to be taken apart and balanced if you want them to live. Quality control suffers when you have 1000's of them assembled overseas and the person assembling them doesn't mic the bearings, check clearances of the turbine and compressor seal ring gaps. If you have a bad batch of parts such as journal bearings that are made of too soft of material, you will have an abundance of failures in a very short period of time. I can tell a soft beaing when it is near half the weight of an OE Garrett or MHI journal bearing.

It is hard for one person to oversee 1000 builds of all different types, but what needs to happen is Precision needs to slow down manufacturing and really blueprint every unit to ensure quality on each build. If they don't, their reputation will suffer for years to come.

Last edited by GMCsyclone; 07-03-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I quit using Precisions a few years ago.

I've been beating the **** out of this Borg Warner for a year now and it is still going.

Quick Reply: Precision Turbo THIEVES!