Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with E85 & FI - Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
the car you saw at heintz was running a 370 and an f1-a and some serious compression. makes 916. his sig is up above ^^
Mmmm...like the sound of that!

i see you have a 6.0! $50 is a score.
Yeppers. I was quite ecstatic when we got the call. I was standing next to Gpa when he got the call. Gpa knows cars, but he's much more knowledgable on the older stuff and especially buicks. Until about 2 years ago, he would just to original restorations. I've finally got him into hot rods and he's also getting into the modern stuff. He's actually got 2 turbo Buicks, now. Anyways, when he got the call he gave me the phone. When the guy told me what he had, I said, "I'LL TAKE IT!". 20 minutes later, it was sitting on our shop floor.

Clean it up, check it for cracks, and call TSP for a rotating assembly. Everyone will have a diff opinion on cubes vs reliability with boost. I like reliability so thicker internals and lower compression are my cup O tea. I just went the way my builder told me to with my 6.0 block.
So I guess you're pro 6.0...good! That's the plan. I just don't know which manufacturer to go with. Callies, SCAT, Eagle, Lunati...I simply don't have enough knowledge on this stuff. Is forged, forged? Or is one manufacturer's forged assemebly night-and-day difference in comparison to the rest?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welp, I've just talked to a few people who've been down this bath already, and I've learned that, due to the very thin deck of the Ls3 head, it is proned to warping in a boosted application. Does anyone have any more input on this? I've still got my 243s that nobody seems to want to buy, but are there any other fairly-good performing budget heads out there? Did TSP possibly take care of the warping issue with their casting? All help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Brandyn

Quick Reply: Help with E85 & FI - Supercharger