Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

anyone running fans on the front AND rear of theyre radiator???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While we're on this topic, when you wire up your aftermarket fans, are you plugging into the stock wiring harnesses to let the computer work for you?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's how I did mine...

Now that the frame works all done i moved on to mounting my fans. Didnt want any overheating issues so i bought the 2 biggest fans thatll fit. They flow 2,210 cfm ea. so i should be good. Made a frame for um, welded mounting nuts behind the core support to bolt the top to and a bolt welded to the frame for the bottom swing. There about 3/4" away from the radaitor and plenty enough room around the trans cooler to pull air from and through the trans cooler to help cool that as well.

Name:  69c0ea15.jpg
Views: 4092
Size:  93.7 KB
Name:  2eba8678.jpg
Views: 4556
Size:  94.1 KB
Name:  2f23157d.jpg
Views: 4014
Size:  83.8 KB
Name:  cb0acaf4.jpg
Views: 4033
Size:  97.0 KB
Old 07-26-2012, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
Here's how I did mine...

Now that the frame works all done i moved on to mounting my fans. Didnt want any overheating issues so i bought the 2 biggest fans thatll fit. They flow 2,210 cfm ea. so i should be good. Made a frame for um, welded mounting nuts behind the core support to bolt the top to and a bolt welded to the frame for the bottom swing. There about 3/4" away from the radaitor and plenty enough room around the trans cooler to pull air from and through the trans cooler to help cool that as well.

Not to discourage man, but from the looks of all those gaps...those bad A fans are going to be pushing all kinds of air around the radiator and not through it :-/ Those fans need to be sealed to the radiator through a shroud or directly touching without a shroud..but from the size, the second's not possible in your case. Remember, water flows like fluid and will take the path of least resistance, so it's way easier to push air through those gaps between your fan and radiator rather than through the radiator. Have you ran it like that yet?
Old 07-26-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Well I had a similar set-up on another camaro I had and it worked good so I assume it'll work out here too. Only difference is that was a 3rd gen vs 4th gen so hopefully the air flow through the front bumper cover isn't much different. They are pretty much as close to the radaitor as poss. I even believe they are touching the end tanks and just enough room for the nuts on the inside. It's been a long time since I've messed with um.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by 93BlackBeast
Not to discourage man, but from the looks of all those gaps...those bad A fans are going to be pushing all kinds of air around the radiator and not through it :-/ Those fans need to be sealed to the radiator through a shroud or directly touching without a shroud..but from the size, the second's not possible in your case. Remember, water flows like fluid and will take the path of least resistance, so it's way easier to push air through those gaps between your fan and radiator rather than through the radiator. Have you ran it like that yet?
Whilst I agree the shrouds should seal the core, it does look like a stout setup that would still flow a lot of air through almost all of the core despite some losses.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm just cooling down the end tanks as well, that's all. lol
Old 07-26-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my front mount from procharger and it states on the manuel to remove the deflector the one that is between the bumper support and radiator. I called them to verify and they stated that if it did not interfere with the front mount it was my choice to leave it or remove it. I figure if it blows air upwards into the radiator it can't hurt right or am I wrong?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
I'm just cooling down the end tanks as well, that's all. lol
I ordered those same derale fans. Supposed to be some bad ****'s. They are supposed to ship monday.

Quick Reply: anyone running fans on the front AND rear of theyre radiator???