Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 performance buyer beware!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:17 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Chad, do yourself a favor, save the expense of becoming a sponsor and ending up at the top of this section in the 'stickies' as a seller to avoid.

The FI section has had numerous places come and go and try and make a quick buck on our backs then disappear. It seems as though you're no different.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have one side of the injector issue, Im not going to argue it. Mike invoiced him for our 60# injectors, he paid for our 60# injectors and on the invoice it did state deka. The packaging clearly would have been different and clear they were not. Our injector price is cheaper than what you can even buy deka's at for dealer pricing. I gave the guy multiple options, talked to him many times and there is only so much I can take. I have attempted after the fact to see what he wants to do and never had a response. Im not going to come up with excuses, we are in the wrong and he was unreasonable at the same time.

Thanks but no thanks alchemist, Ill be coming out strong with our systems in the near future. People have said what you are saying now since 2008 when I started. I have an awesome, thriving business that will be only growing from here. Thanks for the motivation, its what has built my business. Once I get a few dependable shop guys in here that can answer phones and ship while I do my part, we will be able to offer more and more services.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Tried calling, ebay messaging, and PM'ing on here and no response from this guy. He's quick to defend himself but appears to give less than two ***** about customer service.
I am here alone, I do the job of about 5 people right now. Sorry I didnt have a reply back within 4-5 hours. I just sat back down to do emails after ups picked up. You can pm your phone number if you wanted to have a call back and I do not have an email from you. Give me some slack here, I have no help in the shop right now
Old 09-05-2012, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad17
I am here alone, I do the job of about 5 people right now. Sorry I didnt have a reply back within 4-5 hours. I just sat back down to do emails after ups picked up. You can pm your phone number if you wanted to have a call back and I do not have an email from you. Give me some slack here, I have no help in the shop right now
I've sent you multiple messages on ebay after purchasing your T76. I don't have your e-mail address. I've tried calling numerous times. If you can just reply to my PM that would be easiest, it's a very simple question. Thanks.

And what about hiring some more people to help out? At least someone to answer calls and reply to messages?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

So wait, you're saying that even though you invoived him for Siemans injectors, that you clearly didn't send him them? And you're justification is that he didn't pay enough for real Siemens?

Weird, on the video he says he paid $360, which is about the going rate for REAL SD injectors.

http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...p?productid=20

That's just one of any site that carries them.

So unless you say otherwise, the customer pays for Siemens 60s, gets something that ISN'T, and then it's his fault because even though his invoice says they are, he should have just known they weren't real ones.

Again, I'm glad your true colors are showing here before you ever become a sponsor. Good luck with that.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^lol^^^

Welcome to ls1tech Chad.....
Old 09-05-2012, 05:40 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Just so Chad understands this board, and especially this section...here's a post he needs to read and should be linked to him if he ever becomes a sponsor.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/5154176-post1.html

QUOTE:
If you are considering the purchase of a custom turbo kit, make sure you have done your research. Here are some points you may want to consider when making a custom turbo kit purchase:

-Is the turbo company reputable, and well regarded in the industry?

-What is their reputation for customer service and communication?

-How long has the turbo company been manufacturing the kit that you want to purchase?

-How are their kits performing?

-Are there any chronic warranty issues to be aware of, ie. cracking exhaust manifolds?

-Does the kit require that you do some fab work to make it fit, or work in your car?

-How long of a wait will you experience if you buy their kit?

-If the turbo company is just starting out, are you comfortable with the prospect of there being delays?

-Are you clear on whether they are shipping the entire kit at once, or sending parts in batches based on (a) when they have been made and (b) whether you have paid for the parts?

-If it's a new player, do you think it makes sense to send a large deposit?

-Do they prefer that you bring them the car so they can install the kit?

-Which payment methods will best protect you if the turbo company in the event that the company does not deliver parts or goes out of business? Be aware if you use a credit card, that some only allow you to dispute the charges for 60 or 90 days.

-Are you making your decision based on price or some other considerations? If making your decision primarily based on price, you might want to think about how the lack of profitability can adversely impact a turbo company's sustainability.

-Will you be receiving a quote, via fax or email?

-Will you be receiving a receipt for the funds you sent?

-Will you be receiving some sort of contract?

In summary, it's up to you to act as an educated consumer when buying a turbo kit.

*I am editing and adding content to this sticky based on feedback from everyone.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Launching!

chad is the worst sales person I have ever dealt with. And I will gladly never do business again, I was treated very poorly. The whole deal was over not shipping me the vband flanges for the waste gates. How hard is it to ship those out?!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
^^lol^^^

Welcome to ls1tech Chad.....
Thanks, look forward to seeing you on a daily bases here in the near future
Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ren987
chad is the worst sales person I have ever dealt with. And I will gladly never do business again, I was treated very poorly. The whole deal was over not shipping me the vband flanges for the waste gates. How hard is it to ship those out?!
Whats your name so I can look up the order, which gate did you buy? Its possible you could order and we ran out of something. Odds are you didnt even talk to me but I take full responsibility anyhow even if you did or didn't. I would like to know even though you were mad, did you receive the flanges that you ordered?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Just so Chad understands this board, and especially this section...here's a post he needs to read and should be linked to him if he ever becomes a sponsor.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/5154176-post1.html

QUOTE:
If you are considering the purchase of a custom turbo kit, make sure you have done your research. Here are some points you may want to consider when making a custom turbo kit purchase:

-Is the turbo company reputable, and well regarded in the industry?

-What is their reputation for customer service and communication?

-How long has the turbo company been manufacturing the kit that you want to purchase?

-How are their kits performing?

-Are there any chronic warranty issues to be aware of, ie. cracking exhaust manifolds?

-Does the kit require that you do some fab work to make it fit, or work in your car?

-How long of a wait will you experience if you buy their kit?

-If the turbo company is just starting out, are you comfortable with the prospect of there being delays?

-Are you clear on whether they are shipping the entire kit at once, or sending parts in batches based on (a) when they have been made and (b) whether you have paid for the parts?

-If it's a new player, do you think it makes sense to send a large deposit?

-Do they prefer that you bring them the car so they can install the kit?

-Which payment methods will best protect you if the turbo company in the event that the company does not deliver parts or goes out of business? Be aware if you use a credit card, that some only allow you to dispute the charges for 60 or 90 days.

-Are you making your decision based on price or some other considerations? If making your decision primarily based on price, you might want to think about how the lack of profitability can adversely impact a turbo company's sustainability.

-Will you be receiving a quote, via fax or email?

-Will you be receiving a receipt for the funds you sent?

-Will you be receiving some sort of contract?

In summary, it's up to you to act as an educated consumer when buying a turbo kit.

*I am editing and adding content to this sticky based on feedback from everyone.

This brings up great points, I cannot wait to release the kits so customers will be able to answer this.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Idk why people try to use this chinese knock off junk. The "turbo game" is not for the cheap chooch. At lest get a magnum or hell turbonetics stuff is very reasonable and GREAT quality.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

i wish more people outside of this forum could see this.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jt76
Idk why people try to use this chinese knock off junk. The "turbo game" is not for the cheap chooch. At lest get a magnum or hell turbonetics stuff is very reasonable and GREAT quality.

Says the guy that bought a precision and was crying that the unit smoked on startup LOL!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:00 PM
FormerVendor

Look man you came out saying stuff first. I am only defending against your crap talking.
First you said that our turbos are made in the same factory. Then you said it was one turbo (T76). Then it was just the ball bearing chra that was identical.

It's not like i went into your sale thread and butted in on what you were doing.

Somebody posted that they had a problem. I posted that i have a solution. Then you talked crap about my product. You are not a sponsor. I am. Its my privelage to cater to this community i pay for it and have earned their trust with honesty and diligence, you will have to do the same.

You don't see me going into other shops threads dissing them. I dont go on the corral and diss you.

Now you are trying to have a pity party like everyone is out to get you. You are reaping what you sowed. That is all.

If you dont want people to accuse you of bad stuff, dont do bad stuff.....
Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
HAHA

I just don't understand why you guys would not spend just a few more and get a Proven Magnum.

1 Year warranty!!!!

My turbos have gone 8's many times over and they have survived more than one season doing so.

I know its twice the money but you are getting your monies worth.

No one talks crap about me, BECAUSE I DON"T SCREW OVER PEOPLE.
I always answer calls, texts, emails. I always follow up, and I stand behind everything I sell. Our kits are awesome our turbos work.

Ex On3 customers: $50 dollars off any turbo and free shipping until next Friday Sept 7
Rob it says a lot about you when your in this thread trying to sell your ****, you throw a fit when anyone mentions another company in your threads let alone if the operator of the company where to post trying to bottom feed.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
FormerVendor

Thats what i said. Its not his thread. And he isnt a sponsor.

If it was his and he was a sponsor i wouldn't be in it.

I dont do it and i dont like it when people do it to me.

Of course i get mad if another sponsor posts negative stuff in my threads. You would too.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Alchemist

Here's the video for everyone who's interested:
LOL! What a ******* stroke.

Just remember, there are some parts you just can't cheap-out on. If you can't afford to do it correctly, that cheap part will end up being your greatest expense.

Carry on.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chad17
Whats your name so I can look up the order, which gate did you buy? Its possible you could order and we ran out of something. Odds are you didnt even talk to me but I take full responsibility anyhow even if you did or didn't. I would like to know even though you were mad, did you receive the flanges that you ordered?
I bought two 76's and two 44's, I did talk to you the second time after I was given the run around the first time You tried to tell me they weren't included, and that it wasn't your fault anyway because you fired some one. And yes I did get the flanges, from race part solutions, a company that knows a thing or two about how to treat customers.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I tend to see more on3 turbo questions in this forum than about any other turbo it seems anymore? Fact Of the matter is, these cars are getting cheaper for the masses to modify so they will try to budget in our economy. I'm sure chads kit will be the same as his turbo, time will tell. Not many people last in the turbo world as long as he has, not made as many different kits... Just something to think about...if I had 11,000 to spend on a kit I may be different but I don't like a lot of people on here...

Quick Reply: On3 performance buyer beware!!!