Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F-1A Procharger build ** Updated 6/13/13 ** Pics, Videos, Results inside....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
No need for a polished head unit unless it was a corvette. Our headunits mount down low and you can't see them at all.

The forumla for making 700+ is pretty easy anymore on a stock cube motor. Forge the pistons and rods, compression at 10.1-10.5, decent heads, long tubes, D1SC with a 4.00" pulley, Aster's bracket, FMIC and you're looking at north of 700 rear wheel horsepower.

It really is amazing.
I agree! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-19-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see those numbers, and I doubt seriously if they will be less than 600-700 RWHP.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

It'll make 500.............at 4500 rpm. Lol.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:48 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

....Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, we have Bob@Brutespeed who can get you almost anything Procharger related quicker and cheaper than anyone else.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Not completely true our head unit can be seen if you move the radiator like I did for Bigrob in his 2000 Trans Am just in the GmHighTech
Old 09-19-2012, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by js2fst
Have it! And can't see it! Will my f1-a be polished? Yes! Why? I keep asking myself same question
Lol no polished for me then!

No need for a polished head unit unless it was a corvette. Our headunits mount down low and you can't see them at all.

The forumla for making 700+ is pretty easy anymore on a stock cube motor. Forge the pistons and rods, compression at 10.1-10.5, decent heads, long tubes, D1SC with a 4.00" pulley, Aster's bracket, FMIC and you're looking at north of 700 rear wheel horsepower.

It really is amazing.
The more I read and research the more I wish I would of did this from the jump.

Originally Posted by 98BLOWNZ28
goal of 500hp/tq?
i laughed so hard at that when i read the build. your kidding right?
I gotta start somewhere with my goals.

....Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, we have Bob@Brutespeed who can get you almost anything Procharger related quicker and cheaper than anyone else.
Bob has been awesome leading up to this thread, he has always answered my pm's & questions no matter what they were about or how stupid they may of been. The best part about it was I didn't spend a dime with him and he treated me like a existing customer, and for that anything I can purchase from him during this build I will.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

Are 80 pound injectors too small?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

80LBERS should be good for over 800+wheel.....
Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28

Bob has been awesome leading up to this thread, he has always answered my pm's & questions no matter what they were about or how stupid they may of been. The best part about it was I didn't spend a dime with him and he treated me like a existing customer, and for that anything I can purchase from him during this build I will.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

80LBERS should be good for over 800+wheel.....
I agree. As long as the fuel system is adequate to support the power 80lb injectors will handle over 800 rwhp. Bob

Old 09-23-2012, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

What about the little stuff? I know there is always "little stuff" that nickle and dime projects/builds.

I've been reading more build threads in this section I'm seeing alot of Meth systems? Is that necessary or just for piece of mind?

Also 3 bar map sensor?

I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to use block off plugs on the rear steam vents on the heads can anyone confirm that? I currently only have the front 2 ports being used.

Motor will be heading to AES this week for the boost pistons & Cam swap. The Compression ratio goal is 10:1 - 10.5:1 with the L92's.

I've also decided on a goal of 12-15lbs of boost with the F1 will the kit come with a pulley small enough to achieve that goal? or will one need to be ordered?
Old 09-25-2012, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Any thoughts?
Old 09-25-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any thoughts?
meth isnt needed, but it def. helps. for your setup, i would relly consider it once you get the car running and have all the little bugs worked out. as far as the block offs in the rear, im running a crossover for the rear. its really supposed to help with cooling the rear cylinders vs the block offs. their is as write up some where in the external ls1/6 section i believe.
try and see what other people are doing as far as pulley size, but again, this is going to vary from setup to setup for a number of reasons. maybe give bob a call about it?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet build idea. Should net you a lot of HP. Keep us updated!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

meth isnt needed, but it def. helps. for your setup, i would relly consider it once you get the car running and have all the little bugs worked out. as far as the block offs in the rear, im running a crossover for the rear. its really supposed to help with cooling the rear cylinders vs the block offs. their is as write up some where in the external ls1/6 section i believe.
try and see what other people are doing as far as pulley size, but again, this is going to vary from setup to setup for a number of reasons. maybe give bob a call about it?
Ok thanks for the info. I will talk to bob about pulleys when I place the order, hopefully that is Friday.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Wanted to update this thread

Fed Ex stopped by today and dropped of a large package, I haven't opened it yet but procharger keeps no secrets lol

I went with a different route with the engine builder just due to time and location. He will be installing some Wiesco 15cc boost pistons with the skirt coating and using a LS9 head gasket the final compression will be 9.97 and with that I hope I can avoid the meth injection kit.

I've decided to try a different cam other then Bob's cam although it has a good track record I wanted something that will work better with these L92 heads. I hope to order it by the end of this week.

So things are coming along just not quickly, I've had some things happen where I've had to put this to the back but hopefully things are starting to settle down and I can start focusing and getting it finished before Spring break!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thumbs up

Wanted to update this thread

Fed Ex stopped by today and dropped of a large package, I haven't opened it yet but procharger keeps no secrets lol

I went with a different route with the engine builder just due to time and location. He will be installing some Wiesco 15cc boost pistons with the skirt coating and using a LS9 head gasket the final compression will be 9.97 and with that I hope I can avoid the meth injection kit.

I've decided to try a different cam other then Bob's cam although it has a good track record I wanted something that will work better with these L92 heads. I hope to order it by the end of this week.

So things are coming along just not quickly, I've had some things happen where I've had to put this to the back but hopefully things are starting to settle down and I can start focusing and getting it finished before Spring break!

Sounds like Christmas arrived early! Bob

Old 11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Few things to address for you.

Meth will most likely not be needed based on your goals, and here is why. The f1-a will run alot more efficient than say a p1 or d1...so it wont have to spin as fast to flow as much(make as much heat). Since your prob going to be running reasonably middle/low boost its not needed as much as when your maxing it out....which you will do one day. alkycontrol and aquamist are some nice setups to look into some day though.

As far as the steam vents. It is a reliability thing. Anything that can help temps go lower is going to increase your longevity, and decrease the failure rate. Kurt Urban sold me my kit. Its around 247 shipped. But its nice/quality, and has a bracket included to help it look neater and not flop around on top of the intake. You can tap your water pump or get a radiator with a -4 fitting.

As far as a 3 bar map. They are fairly cheap and when going with larger amounts of boost people typically go with those. You can find them from 40-90 dollars.

I look forward to seeing your build completed. Mine is similar.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
Few things to address for you.

Meth will most likely not be needed based on your goals, and here is why. The f1-a will run alot more efficient than say a p1 or d1...so it wont have to spin as fast to flow as much(make as much heat). Since your prob going to be running reasonably middle/low boost its not needed as much as when your maxing it out....which you will do one day. alkycontrol and aquamist are some nice setups to look into some day though.

As far as the steam vents. It is a reliability thing. Anything that can help temps go lower is going to increase your longevity, and decrease the failure rate. Kurt Urban sold me my kit. Its around 247 shipped. But its nice/quality, and has a bracket included to help it look neater and not flop around on top of the intake. You can tap your water pump or get a radiator with a -4 fitting.

As far as a 3 bar map. They are fairly cheap and when going with larger amounts of boost people typically go with those. You can find them from 40-90 dollars.

I look forward to seeing your build completed. Mine is similar.
Thanks for the info. I am actually going to run it without the Meth and then decide after the engine is running if I need to run another kit. Of coarse it will be cooler out so it probably wont be a issue until 90-100 degree Chicago temps.

I did pick up the Kurt urban steam vent kit to run on this motor. I could of probably made one cheaper but after seeing the unit its worth the cost paid.

I also picked up a factory re-worked 2.5 bar map good to 22psi I believe which is more then I plan to run and probably more then my compression will allow.

Fuel system is going to be ordered shortly. Going with Dual 340 pumps, Modified stock lines, boost regulator and aftermarket fuel rails with 80-95lb injectors cant decide on that factor yet.

Things have been moving very slowly but are moving forward which is still good. I've been working so much I don't even have time to post up anymore, 14-16hr days 6-7 days a week are a killer but help fund projects like this.
This thread has been pretty boring with no pictures or little activity but the engine is at the machine shop, the cam is ordered, procharger has arrived all I waiting for is the Aster bracket and little small odds and ends!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand the long work days totally. And look at it like this! tax time is coming! thank god.

I will also be running the dual 340's. dual 255's would probably get you there easy to save some money. The only reason I chose to run 340's is because I want to run e85.

I am thinking of selling my brand new alky control kit since I will be running the e85. if i do i may pm you.

good luck with the build bud. you and I have something big to look forward too.

Quick Reply: F-1A Procharger build ** Updated 6/13/13 ** Pics, Videos, Results inside....