Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My budget Twin Turbo 383 build

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
You wanna do all this nice work in the engine bay and then hack up the rear sheemetal because youre lazy...To each their own!
The whole front end is being cut up.....

I still have the carpet in the car, you will never be able to tell.

not to mention if/when the car goes 25.3 that whole thing is cut off.

Main reason for doing it is I want fast access to the pumps. If i want or need to check on something while at the track, last thing I want to do is drop the whole rear to do so.

Brian
Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 AM
TECH Regular

Will be a badass ride. Are the t-tops still going to be functionable and removable?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black98s10
Will be a badass ride. Are the t-tops still going to be functionable and removable?
They work prefect now. I dont see me ditching them. Ive heard of people doing some type of light weight lexan ones. Depanding on cost and weight savings, i might be interested in those.

Brian
Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

Very nice, hope to see it this summer at Greatlakes, or if you wanna bring it to Milwaukee, I can set something up with the tt t/a's here.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black98s10
Very nice, hope to see it this summer at Greatlakes, or if you wanna bring it to Milwaukee, I can set something up with the tt t/a's here.
It will be at GLD a ton. As for Street racing, those days are long behind me. The new career I am trying to get into would pretty much drop me if I got caught. My current job requires one. And more importantly, Street racing a car of this caliper IMO is just stupid.

But since I have decided to just go public on my build, I prob won't be grudging it too much. Grudge racing seems dead and I have a blast class racing my bike.

Plus it seems like there is more sponsorship opportunities when you class race and are more open about your build.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received My fuel filters and all the other parts I needed for my fuel system today. The filters I bought are a smaller one than you usually get in a kit. I think they will work a little nice when you have to cram all 3 into the pickup.

Also, talked to the Ohio boys and asked if they ported their exhaust manifolds. Was told they just cleaned them up. Back in my turbo 2.3 days. Lots of guys ported their stocks ones. So I'll prob worked them over some too this week.

I'd work on the car tonight, but going to watch my bears D stomp this rookie QB on the 49er's!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4bangermustang
It will be at GLD a ton. As for Street racing, those days are long behind me. The new career I am trying to get into would pretty much drop me if I got caught. My current job requires one. And more importantly, Street racing a car of this caliper IMO is just stupid.

But since I have decided to just go public on my build, I prob won't be grudging it too much. Grudge racing seems dead and I have a blast class racing my bike.

Plus it seems like there is more sponsorship opportunities when you class race and are more open about your build.
Grudge racing is coming back slowly.. We have KOTS and meltdown so it's getting better.. Plus that 100 K race is going to be sick!! Build looks good bro, when u go to a 12 point do they add on to the 12 or is it all new? Thanks
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

For those wondering what trans I plan to run, The car currently has a build 4l80e. Bought it off a local guy, brand spanking new in the box and bagged from TCI. Dropped it off at FLT to install the Rossler T-brake and do a few small tweaks. This is when Vince worked there. Go to pick the trans up in the beginning of the season a few months later and he tells me it needs a complete rebuild. He was a shady ************. Because the day after i took it to him he ripped it apart and talked everything over. Since it is an LT1 style trans, it had some of the older electronics he was going to switch out and a few other things for $200 to $300. Needless to say, to get my trans back I had to pay a grand. I should of dealt with chuck the owner. I am good friends with his niece now. So if/when it goes back for a freshening up, we will see if he makes things right.

When I was running the 60's from roadmaster(where Vince used to work) I was having a ton of issues. Everyone was pointing the finger at someone else. It's the trans, it's the converter, it's the tuning. So I asked what converter they would like me to run. FLT said precision.

Precision's customer's service imo sucked and I wasn't a big fan of the results of the converter.

I really wanted to use a yank, but they told me to run precision. I had a few yanks in my 60's and loved them. Bow they work with yank of course.

So for the turbo setup I would really like to run a yank, and most likely will.

The 80's are good for like 1,500 HP. I don't think mine has the billet shafts, so i might look into putting those in.

Also I think my rossler brake is a little slower. From what I've read the jake's brakes are faster. I did talk to him about switching to him, just haven't heard back from him. I think the conciseness is that all of the 80 brakes are slow currently and is hard to use them competitively in racing. So if I do class race it, chance's are I'll still be foot braking it.

Overall I think I would want to go to a glide setup. They will take more power, are more efficient, and lighter. But I already have a ton going on, so I'll save that swap for a later day.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Grudge racing is coming back slowly.. We have KOTS and meltdown so it's getting better.. Plus that 100 K race is going to be sick!! Build looks good bro, when u go to a 12 point do they add on to the 12 or is it all new? Thanks
Yea. Haven't checked out any meltdowns. Been to most of the KOTS. Sadly I would be out gunned in SR and no longer will meet the rules for JR. I'm looking for 8.50's which is a first round out in the sr's. Too hard to keep up with big block F3 cars. We paid to put our green T/A into the Jr's, but it just wasn't ready in time. To be honest, it wouldn't of stood a chance. Jr's is getting to fast imo. hard to hang with 3 stage BB's

plus I don't know how I feel racing on no prep. At this point I just have way too much into my car to try racing it down the track with no prep for a chance to win 6k.....

Not only do I have to worry about me, I have to worry about other drivers being idiots and not lifting (like Ozz getting hit by MM in the first one).

But I'm sure I'll be at a bunch of the RSD's or maybe grudge @ kots after they prep.

as for the 12 point. Eric will add the bar that goes under the dash from one side to the other. This wasn't needed for the 8.50 cert, so I keep it out. plus you had to ditch your heater box, which I ended up doing anyways. And then the 2 bars that come out of the firewall. Mainly want to add them so i can cut up the front and not worry about about the strut towers flexing or anything. It will still only cert to 8.50. But he will use the existing 8 point.

Brian
Old 11-19-2012, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

Yea. Haven't checked out any meltdowns. Been to most of the KOTS. Sadly I would be out gunned in SR and no longer will meet the rules for JR. I'm looking for 8.50's which is a first round out in the sr's. Too hard to keep up with big block F3 cars. We paid to put our green T/A into the Jr's, but it just wasn't ready in time. To be honest, it wouldn't of stood a chance. Jr's is getting to fast imo. hard to hang with 3 stage BB's

plus I don't know how I feel racing on no prep. At this point I just have way too much into my car to try racing it down the track with no prep for a chance to win 6k.....

Not only do I have to worry about me, I have to worry about other drivers being idiots and not lifting (like Ozz getting hit by MM in the first one).

But I'm sure I'll be at a bunch of the RSD's or maybe grudge @ kots after they prep.

as for the 12 point. Eric will add the bar that goes under the dash from one side to the other. This wasn't needed for the 8.50 cert, so I keep it out. plus you had to ditch your heater box, which I ended up doing anyways. And then the 2 bars that come out of the firewall. Mainly want to add them so i can cut up the front and not worry about about the strut towers flexing or anything. It will still only cert to 8.50. But he will use the existing 8 point.

Brian
Yes Kots is sick I put my buddys white fox in there. Cause my car was suppose to be done also. I like meltdown but all the sr cars in it.. But it's preped and less rules.. Hopfully il see u out this year. I need to get my car over to Eric I've been slacking big time! How backed up is he?? Andrew
Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Yes Kots is sick I put my buddys white fox in there. Cause my car was suppose to be done also. I like meltdown but all the sr cars in it.. But it's preped and less rules.. Hopfully il see u out this year. I need to get my car over to Eric I've been slacking big time! How backed up is he?? Andrew
I believe he is starting to catch up now that the season is over. A buddy is waiting on a few parts and waiting to drop my car off. Hopefully soon. Give him a call. His cages fitment is awesome imo. Mine is set to work with the rear seats too if i want to put them in. Not to mention i paid a lot less than most of the competitors in the area.

Brian
Old 11-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Launching!

I'd work on the car tonight, but going to watch my bears D stomp this rookie QB on the 49er's!
How'd that work out for ya? Probably should of just worked on the car...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool build. havent really seen many boosted 383ci lsx's on this website.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98_LS1
How'd that work out for ya? Probably should of just worked on the car...
no kidding

Originally Posted by T76s10
Nope. I think too many shy away from the alum block. Not sure why. Personally I think they will make 1000 RWHP no prob. Plus I plan to half fill mine. going to an Iron setup add 100 pounds to the front end and I'm trying to keep my setup light.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Got my plasma cutter in the mail and set it up day. Seems pretty sweet. Think I killed the tip though before I had the air setup correctly. So I'll pick up some new tips tomorrow.

So my game plan for tomorrow is to setup the fuel system and cut the ends off the truck manifolds.

Before I setup the gas I need to port the 3 way manifold I purchased to use as a Y for the fuel. It doesn't look like it was really meant to flow fuel, so I think porting it will deff make a huge difference in helping it flow fuel. which will help it not max out too early.

Once the fuel is all set, and I cut the ends off the manifolds, I'll starting porting them.

Brian
Old 11-24-2012, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Well get a little work done. Cut the ends off the manifold. Not sure where my die grinder is, pretty sure I lent it out and never got it back. Also missing a bunch of bits :/ . Really hate lending out tools. So once I either find mine or barrow someone else's, or buy a new one, no porting. Once I do port them, I will weld on the V-bands.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

Also did a little work on the fuel system. Pulled out the pickup and drained the tank the best I could. Three pumps will fit, but will be tight. I had to pull the sleeve off the raceatronix pump. Will need to do a little research as I forget how the little hose in the tank works. That's gonna have to go, but not sure what I will need to do with the port on the top of that fuel pump. Will work on this some more also, but need to port the manifold I have some, so will have to wait on a die grinder. The top half of the bucket will need a bunch of cutting to fit all the pumps, will figure that out shortly here also.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
9 Second Club

Nice build!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by T76s10
i have a 383ci LS with the same 6766 turbos in my 95 mustang. makes good power even going through some restricitive mufflers and spools pretty damn fast.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...dark-side.html
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM
8 Second Club

Want them to be around 56cc to get the comp ratio to like 9.5:1
Bosch 210# injectors to run e85.(might find something around the 80# range used and cheap to start)
i have some new high impedance 80 lb. injectors i will sell for $300. message me if interested.
Also, nice choice on turbos!

Quick Reply: My budget Twin Turbo 383 build