Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ls6 vs fast intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

afasty had one on his camaro and i believe he ended up pulling it off for inspection and finding some surprising wear.

He switched back, and was much happier. You can sand them down and make them look just as nice if not nicer than a fast....although its a **** ton of work.

I do believe the quality of the current intakes is much improved, but of course I am basing that off of consumer reviews vs first hand experience.

I have a 102 ( i think i showed you) going on my f1-a car. I got it because I was able to sell my ls6 for half the cost of the fast (because it was painted), and basically pay 400 for a new one which I thought was a good deal. Plus the intakes are getting over 10 years old, and there are reports that they are cracking. Out with the old in with the new.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
afasty had one on his camaro and i believe he ended up pulling it off for inspection and finding some surprising wear.

He switched back, and was much happier. You can sand them down and make them look just as nice if not nicer than a fast....although its a **** ton of work.

I do believe the quality of the current intakes is much improved, but of course I am basing that off of consumer reviews vs first hand experience.

I have a 102 ( i think i showed you) going on my f1-a car. I got it because I was able to sell my ls6 for half the cost of the fast (because it was painted), and basically pay 400 for a new one which I thought was a good deal. Plus the intakes are getting over 10 years old, and there are reports that they are cracking. Out with the old in with the new.

I've seen cracks in the older LS6 intakes, and cracks in the end tanks on the radiators too... Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedfreak2685
Pretty good idea. I may glue it together next time I take it off or if I notice it leaking. I spayed all around the intake last night while idling and didnt notice any leaks so hopefully it's sealed for now.
FWIW, the biggest gains that I have observed on intake swap occur above 4500 rpm (sometimes as low as around 4000 rpm). If you are running a street car I cannot quantify what kind of change you would see, but again the increases are generally most significant above 4500 rpm. This seems to hold true for many head swaps and often for cam swaps (depending on the duration and lift) as well, but consulting your tuner is probably your best bet.

I think you have a decent enough foundation and I would continue to build around it. But then again, I am no expert....

Quick Reply: Ls6 vs fast intake