Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends:

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1x2
Not hard for turbo companies to keep ******* you guys over. Cost of admission is just a monthly check to IB who will censor the **** out of any bad press. Same ****, different company.

Who made money in this business? Follow the money to see who really fucked you guys. IB should be stepping up to help mediate instead of looking for the next sponsor to sign up and do this BS all over again.

Looks how long I've been a member. Happens over and over.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
First off.... I'm just a moderator of this forum, and as such, I try to maintain the peace in here. With that said, I don't know who it is that writes all of the articles for the newsletters, but I can find out and make it a suggestion to do an article on choosing wisely who to send your money to.
LS1TECH isn't looking to protect sponsors at the risk of hurting the members on here. If you look back at this situation, the warning signs were there for people to step back and use caution when sending money and parts to Josh, especially after the break-in. Personally, I would never leave my car at a shop that's too far away that I couldn't drive there on a daily basis to check on the status if I had to, but that's just me, I don't trust people. When I needed to have a motor built, I searched locally because if and when issues arose, I wanted to be able to go look someone in the face and get answers.

I'm sorry, but if you are trying to put the blame on this site for 'protecting a sponsor' then you need to step back and do a self assessment of your own liability in doing your due diligence with regards to his business practices. I know this site over the years has tried to do the best they could with regards to helping customers get resolution with sponsors who left them high and dry.

Here's some facts of life that people are going to have to accept. Josh is a father, husband, and provider for his family. Chances are, he's going to be doing something car related in order to provide for them. If that bothers you, then get an attorney and file suit. If you're not willing to do that, then leave the man be.

Trust me, I've been burned before, and hated the feeling, but I learned from it.

At the same time why remove reviews of their products even if it's not positive? Isn't LS1TECH falsely implying they only make great products and nothing they turn out is bad? It seems to me, they (being LS1TECH) is/are just as much at fault as the sponsor is, if you're going to limit what can be said. Are we living in a fantasy land here on ls1tech? I know money is good but every damn car site sleeps with vendors who pay. I thought ls1tech was better than that? I guess they're even with corvetteforum.

KY is a great shop, oh wait, they're not a sponsor anymore so we are free to give honest opinions now.

Last edited by danieloneil01; 02-09-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:28 AM
TECH Resident

HERO

Looking at the dates on posts, number of posts, and $ amounts lost by those who are affected by Josh@KY-Turbo this thread amazes me. Over and over again people affected complained and said "WE" should do something. No YOU should do something if you want your money back or rather justice. Stop waiting for a mob to form from a niche website, think bigger.

I would have written countless letters and e-mails to every local and BG media source (paper, TV, internet...) keeping them short and to the point but loaded full of the incriminating documents in this thread. Every journalist loves a juicy story esp. one like this loaded full of public records outlining the inconsistency with statements made by Josh@KY-Turbo. But they especially love one laid out right in front of them. So copy and paste appropriate evidence that you have and the evidence people have dug up here and give it to them. Stop waiting for someone else to do it, hell it is mostly free barring time and postage fees. Show to them how blatantly brazen his actions were and are.

Next I would have filed a complaint with the attorney general of my state. They are paid to protect u against fraud, which I gather from reading most of u think that this was, as do I. I do not see how accepting money for a company that you have already dissolved would not fall under theft by deception so I would point this out again to my local PD and BG PD that he accepted money after filing to merge company.

Why do u need an attorney to take someone to court? Just go pay the fees and file the paperwork and get the ball rolling. Hell pay an attorney to draft the paperwork up so its all done properly, that can't cost more than an hour or two. If you were truly a victim of fraud then you will win in the end. Do you think that Josh@KY-Turbo is going to want to pay an attorney to fight each and every case each of you brings against him? It would more than likely be just u vs. him just like it is on TV, no attorneys.

I leave my rant with one last thing this "niche website" can do to help. The HERO link at the top takes you to BG local ABC affiliate WBKO's hometown hero nomination. I am nominating Josh for all his "wonderful" deeds and I hope others do the same. Get enough and maybe they will take notice and run a story, I don't think it will hurt either. Here is my submission "Josh should be considered a hero because he has skills that few Americans have. He has shown unwavering resolve in his actions that leave most people in utter amazement. What are those skills you might ask? They are the ability to defraud countless people of their hard earned money and charity without losing any sleep. He has shown this ability by running a shop in BG call KY-Turbo Inc. that continually collected money for services and parts never rendered or received. When his sham of a business was being unmasked as a personal money tree he simply filed paperwork to have the name changed to start anew. That is a true modern day hero, a man who can walk among his fellow citizens, knowing that as they work hard to make money he will just have to think hard on a new company name to take it! "

Last edited by blk~2000~Z28; 02-10-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jrpimp00
How about this thread just gets deleted. If the people who were wronged aren't going to pursue the issue, then why does it have to take up space? No sense in bitching about it if youre not going to do anything
It's saved me quite a bit of money, I was one of the people who gave him the benefit of the doubt before I saw this thread. A lot was saved by seeing how Josh Jenkins does business.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jrpimp, your a moron, if you cant see this thread has helped others stay away from josh you need your head checked out, imo i agree tech backs its sponsers, i hope this stays with this dbag forever
Old 02-11-2014, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

I was affected by josh and him scam. I did file a complaint with the attorney general and all I can say is it was a big waste of time. All they did was send him two letters to make it right with me. They got no response from him and sent me a letter stating this. Then they said I can take him to small claims court but the money was over 2500$. So my only option by their mouth was to hire an attorney. I talked with the investigator numerous times and questioned him to why does he have a job if they allow people to do this to others. It makes no since to me to send a letter stating to make things right and not force him to. Why have an attorney general office then? Josh knew the system and used it against us. Now with that said it's not worth me driving or hiring an attorney out of state to pursue my situation. It would cost three times more than if I sue him personally. If I wasn't out of state I would have consulted a lawyer by now. I hope this clears up some things for people who question why we are not doing anything about it. I was but didn't want to say anything untill the attorney General did their thing.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
jrpimp, your a moron, if you cant see this thread has helped others stay away from josh you need your head checked out, imo i agree tech backs its sponsers, i hope this stays with this dbag forever
Agreed. For someone to do the kind of stuff he did to so many others, people should be forewarned.

This will be his "Scarlet Letter".

It should always be available when someone associates him with turbos:

https://www.google.com/#q=josh+jenkins+turbo

Forewarned is Forearmed!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

The purpose of my previous post was me trying to say people should stop complaining online and actually do something about it. Maybe 5%, if that, of those who lost money actually did something other than complain on the internet.

I can give two ***** about Josh or any other sponsor/person on here, if I were wronged Id deal with it and not just cry about it online. Id do my part and then warn others of what had happen and the conclusion, if any.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Sometimes people need an outlet. If I were wronged for $10k + and was unable to get anyone to do anything about it (Attorney General, police, etc) without spending another $10k, I'd be bitchin up a storm too. At least they have this thread to get it out and forewarn others in the process. Nothing wrong with venting.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Curious why nobody's put foot-to-*** yet?
Don't some of you guys see the man from time to time?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Wow! Quite a thread.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

Aren't there better targets for sinkholes to hit in Bowling Green, KY?

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24...-bowling-green

What a shame..

Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

well turns out hes still around hes doing the turbo build for the prestons new drag radial car just saw this on facebook, definitely a couple of class act people doing business right there

http://www.nmcadigital.com/2014/03/0...x-drag-radial/
Old 03-02-2014, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you ******* serious?!!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

There is a comments section after that article.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

**** storm!!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:37 AM
12 Second Club

Wow post that **** on the bullet and everyone will see it!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

It's already posted on Yellow Bullet:
Adam Preston Build
Old 03-03-2014, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I hit it too...
Old 03-03-2014, 02:00 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Wow post that **** on the bullet and everyone will see it!
I can assure you as the moderator for that section on the bullet there will be no protection for that shitbird

Quick Reply: Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends: