Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

EMSpro testing for EFI source (even more MS stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Default EMSpro testing for EFI source (even more MS stuff)

I was recently asked to do some product testing for another stand alone for LSX engines.

EFI source, part of the company that actually manufactures the megasquirt boards and other products, asked if i would test out the EMSpro and get it running on LS engines as another possible stand alone for people to use.

it has a few more built in features than the microsquirt even though its older, built in 4 bar map sensor, fan outputs and other things already built in.

ill be wiring it up and testing it sometime soon, first thing i did is crimp some wires to a crank sensor plug and plug it in and make sure i could get crank sensor input, and viola it does haha.

he also decided to cut the price in half on the item for sale
and include a wiring harness and mounting equipment.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/eMS-Pro-elec...e=STRK:MESE:IT

exciting!

he said once i get all the bugs worked out, he can pre-configure it to work for ls engines and crank triggers and then ship them ready to go.

you would still have to build a harness though.

if you are looking for another cheap way to do fuel and spark this gives you even more options.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking foward to seeing how this works, how long untill you think you will be done with your testing?

Im about 2 weeks away from having to make a decision on what engine management Im going to go with. No presure- but what ever you recommend is what Im going with....
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 PM

haha ill probably complete a harness within two weeks and try it out
Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The stand alone data logging with the little card holder is SUPER nice so you dont always need your laptop.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 AM

ok completed the harness tonight after 1am haha

going to test fire it tomorrow, when people are not sleeping.

but i do get crank signal no problem, and i also test fired it on the coil packs and i saw sparks galore.

exciting to see what happens.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 PM

i got this pig started, but something is fish with the spark firing order, or the timing isnt correct,

it cranks and then wants to stall out like its firing too advanced.
and i gotta throttle it to keep it running but i did get it running today, thats all i had patience for haha
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Launching!

I am working on my first LS build, my original plan was to use a stock computer and harness (that I already have) and go with HP tuners. What would be the differences and or advantages of this system over the stock/HP tuner route?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

In for results. Ever since I saw the first EMSPro in person (John Huber Mustang) that was tuned by DieselGeek, I knew that was a bad little bitch processor.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by TurboMonte100
I am working on my first LS build, my original plan was to use a stock computer and harness (that I already have) and go with HP tuners. What would be the differences and or advantages of this system over the stock/HP tuner route?
some people might disagree but i think the MS systems are easier to use and get running on a big hp turbo car.

you can tune in real time and adjust everything while driving, no license codes, cables, or flashing needed.

anyone can plug in and tune while you drive.

i think its easier to get the results out of the MS system because its simpler, less things affecting your goal,

but a properly tuned stock ECU works great too.

its all with what are you more comfortable with, are you going to tune on your own etc etc
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Thanks. I will be interested in hearing your results. It sounds like this system might be a better option for me. For the price of a HP tuner, I could buy this system.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

in for updates on this as well.
Might be a good option for my lm7/t56 s10.
Kory
Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 PM

lots of trouble with it today till i quit.
looking for more answers from the MSextra forums see what they have to say...

other than that we finished my friends turbo 02 WS6 firebird, that was rewarding
Old 12-20-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by denmah
lots of trouble with it today till i quit.
looking for more answers from the MSextra forums see what they have to say...

other than that we finished my friends turbo 02 WS6 firebird, that was rewarding

Bummer.... I was really hoping that system was going to be easy to get going, the price (right now) seems to be very reasonable. Sure would have liked to have one of those under my xmas tree this year. I guess I will go with the Mircosquirt, unless you have a better suggestion.....
Old 12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

How are handling the iac control with micro or ms 2 ? Pwm egr type solenoid ? I used ms2 pnp on a Tpi vette but the adapter board/card has an iac ic controlling idle speed. Fuel and spark are obviously controllable on both systems on a ls1.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Question

The pnp setup used an adapter board between the micro 2 board and gm style connectors, including the iac control chip.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 PM

currently not having the greatest luck with this.
i have already built another micro2 that works great while still trying to work out the bugs with this setup.

starting to loose my patience with it so i am taking a break from it.

the Micro2 is a Fantastic product, it kinda overshadows this older box, but man i was hoping this would work out, its easier to wire, has a few more things built in.

but the firmware code for the micro2 was specifically written for the LS1 wheel trigger code and it can decode it natively so there is no problem with picking up the 100% accurate wheel trigger information.

makes this hard to compete with.

this would be an amazing product if they could make it around the same price as the MS1 and you could use this with the 6010 box.

but there is too many features and legwork into this box to make the price come down that much i think.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is the price of a micro ms box plus a msd box not the same as a ms3 box that would control fuel, spark as well as iac ?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Teching In

So I bought the ems pro for just fuel. that might as well be a expensive paper weight. Does efi source do exchanges ? Denmah have you used microsquirt v3? Thats all they have on there eBay store is there a huge difference between the 2 ?
Old 12-22-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 12.hr
So I bought the ems pro for just fuel. that might as well be a expensive paper weight. Does efi source do exchanges ? Denmah have you used microsquirt v3? Thats all they have on there eBay store is there a huge difference between the 2 ?
Check over at diyautotune. They are super for megasquirt products.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Teching In

That's who I originally was gonna order from but thought that the ems pro was gonna be a better option because of this price drop from efi source. I ordered there install kit with the ci100 coil igniter module. not sure if this was needed just figured it was important since its on the package it says its needed to drive coils directly. Efi is all new too me so I guess my bad shouldn't have ordered it until it was denmah tested and approved.

Quick Reply: EMSpro testing for EFI source (even more MS stuff)