Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Homemade Turbo Build fuel problem :( (video up)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I used a hammer and chipped the edge of my Vette balancer, pos... Still don't go on. I was usin a board with no luck. Pos hammer keeps coming of the handle so gotta go for reinforcements.... Nice build
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 123 Likes on 61 Posts

Buy a longer a ARP bolt and you can wrench it on.

Build looks great! Wideband would probably be better on the downpipe but its worth a shot. Just compare the reading you get from it being there to one placed in the down pipe (when you get it tuned)
Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use a torch ,heat the center for about 2-3 mins .. sucker slides right on no problem at all.. be quick on sliding it on..
Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a solid build. Did you get paperwork on the short block rebuild? The pistons sure look like stock GM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used a small block of wood and a deadblow hammer to get my balcacer started
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is it me or do you not have 02 bungs in for your front oxygen sensors?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey I just ordered my Griffin Rad and it doesn't have a second nipple for the coolant vent tube from the heads. What did you do for your setup?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
im vary jelly. your whole car is going to cost the same as my rear end did lol. and it will probably be alot faster then my car to. props to you
haha, thanks man ya its a cheap build, but i put money where it mattered ahah

Originally Posted by TurboMonte100
Cool build.
thanks man.

Originally Posted by Pete91
Nice build man what tranny you running?
running a t56 out of my trans am its gonna ve to be rebuilt soon ;(

Originally Posted by novaflash2002
is it me or do you not have 02 bungs in for your front oxygen sensors?
going with an SD tune man

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
Hey I just ordered my Griffin Rad and it doesn't have a second nipple for the coolant vent tube from the heads. What did you do for your setup?
i had one welded in at a local shop like 10 bucks..

Originally Posted by BadgeZ28
Looks like a solid build. Did you get paperwork on the short block rebuild? The pistons sure look like stock GM.
ya i was scared too, i did get the paperwork but its alittle sketchy but honestly for $3200 i dont care i have plenty of money saved up now for a new bottom end, im kinda expecting it to blow guess, we will see..

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Buy a longer a ARP bolt and you can wrench it on.

Build looks great! Wideband would probably be better on the downpipe but its worth a shot. Just compare the reading you get from it being there to one placed in the down pipe (when you get it tuned)
ya thats one thing im worried about now guess i can pray see if it works

Originally Posted by chevellepowered
i use a torch ,heat the center for about 2-3 mins .. sucker slides right on no problem at all.. be quick on sliding it on..
i think im gonna try this and see how it goes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Just be careful to not overheat the balancer, you don't want to damage the seal.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

definatley double check the build sheet, its alot easier to just do bottem end now while its apart. Ask me how i know lol!!! Thought my motor was 9.8CR and it was 10.5+ CR lol. Your build is awesome though man, congrats!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TurboMonte100
Just be careful to not overheat the balancer, you don't want to damage the seal.
i got it on all is well

Originally Posted by nick.celis
definatley double check the build sheet, its alot easier to just do bottem end now while its apart. Ask me how i know lol!!! Thought my motor was 9.8CR and it was 10.5+ CR lol. Your build is awesome though man, congrats!!!
i mean its not apart anymore lol hasnt been in a long time..im getting a whole new block if it goes im not worried about it it has definitely been rebuilt i could tell when i was in there..
Old 12-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Nice build....
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome man. ive started my build as well, only im doing a set of twins. Im actually going out today to start standing my radiator up. i wanna do mine similar to yours, except for notching it, im going to use a hole saw and just cut a hole in the upper brace. when you said you cut the bottom bar, which are you talking about? got any pics? id like to get an idea of how its going to sit on the bottom tray. thanks!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

all you do is cut out the slant on the bottom and it will stand up in there but you have to cut out the bottom of the top bar as well. as far as not notching it how do you plan on accessing the radiator cap?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

So i finished it up, had to swap the 98 harness over to an 99+ i had a spare 01 comp and the tuner kinda lured me to do so.. lol what a pain! also made my own alternator bracket seems to be working pretty good haha

Then finally got it all set up everything on and no start lol first i had no fuel hooked the fuel pump up backwards then no spark.. one of the grounds on the back of the heads was not on good enough but then i finally got it started was idling at 3k had two vacuum leaks

But its running good now for the most part had the rubber fuel line in the tank come off, fixed that started right back up. Now it will run fine for awhile you can drive it fine but once you start to give it any gas at all when it is below 2600 (other than idling it idles just fine) it stutters and barely wants to run then once you work it up above 2600 it sounds good runs great a/f ratio is dead on i dont know whats going on but i have also noticed that if you drive it for longer than 3 minutes the fuel pump starts getting louder and louder and then it barely wants to run at all like its loosing fuel but then if i shut it off for a second start it back up it runs fine.. if any one has any clue whats going on please let me know im not sure if its in the tune or the fuel pump or return or something.. it is a walbro 255 and all stock lines and fuel rail the only thing i changed were the injectors..

Anyways the turbo spools awesome makes good power, got it on 5lbs right now until i can figure this out ill post some videos in a day or two would really like to try to figure out this fuel thing.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all those nice red couplers and then u have that one random token black one at the tb. haha just bustin ur *****... looks nice tho for an ebay setup, that wiring looks like it was fun putting back together..
Old 12-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
all those nice red couplers and then u have that one random token black one at the tb. haha just bustin ur *****... looks nice tho for an ebay setup, that wiring looks like it was fun putting back together..
Ya man didn't want a red on the tb wanted to keep the black look lol and ya the wires sucked
Old 12-28-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

what plugs are you running?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

im running tr7s i think the specific number br7ef idk i have to go look..

heres a video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suf0Z...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by blown90camaro; 12-28-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

i noticed today as long as i gradually got into the throttle it was fine. hooked my fuel pressure gauge and it gets a solid 58 and never drops. but if you just lightly touch the pedal when it is idling just to back up or move forward it goes way slam lean and almost dies but never looses pressure? injectors or tune?? how can i check?

Quick Reply: Homemade Turbo Build fuel problem :( (video up)