Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New BAD ASS Turbo kmember ( DKT/BMR )

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:38 AM
7 Second Club

Received 335 Likes on 225 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

That would certainly allow more room for me to build a bigger DP for my TTi race kit since it wouldn't have to snake through the k-member anymore. I just wish I could justify putting any more money into the Camaro because this k-member would be my new first choice.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My concern was with the thickness of the plate that's welded to the kmember. I'm not a structural engineer, but it looks like a lot of stress would be located there. I'm not doubting, but I'd just hate to see those welds start to fatigue.

Again, not knocking it, it just looks like a lot of stress located on those welds with a peice of relatively thin metal.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's a bbc weight???
What's a iron LSX weight??
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

well shut me up lol. i guess i really don't have any complaints then. my apologies. i didn't realize it wasn't a concern. i'd want poly mounts/bushings
Old 12-14-2012, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
So much room for activities...

LMFAO!!! Classic!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
That would certainly allow more room for me to build a bigger DP for my TTi race kit since it wouldn't have to snake through the k-member anymore. I just wish I could justify putting any more money into the Camaro because this k-member would be my new first choice.
If you end up being able to justify throwing some extra money at your Camaro let me know and I will see what kind of deal I can work out for you on this new style k-member.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
My concern was with the thickness of the plate that's welded to the kmember. I'm not a structural engineer, but it looks like a lot of stress would be located there. I'm not doubting, but I'd just hate to see those welds start to fatigue.

Again, not knocking it, it just looks like a lot of stress located on those welds with a peice of relatively thin metal.
That plate we use for the mount is a very thick gauge steel ( I will find out the exact thickness) and is welded on multiple side so it is pretty strong. When I get a chance to get back in the shop I will take some better pictures for your guys.

Originally Posted by Somebody09
well shut me up lol. i guess i really don't have any complaints then. my apologies. i didn't realize it wasn't a concern. i'd want poly mounts/bushings
No worries. I just want make sure everyone is informed about the k-member itself. I realize people are going to have questions and concerns and I just want to do my best to answer anything I can. The poly-urethane bushings would definitely be the ideal setup for a street car so that any extra NVHs were kept to a minimum.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
So much room for activities...

lol good times....
Old 12-14-2012, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

This made my day^^
Old 12-14-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

damn that is awesome.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Is this the same style that was used for the aps upgraded pte turbos from dkt?
Old 12-15-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes it was.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Are there any additional pictures of this attached to a car with some turbo piping? I'm looking to see how this may fare. I have a tubular k-member already, but can't pass 4" pipe through the drivers side....if this can do that how I need it, this might be something to consider...introductory pricing (said "Cheap") would greatly sway my decision too lol.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Find DKT on Facebook or email devin. He has a bunch of pictures.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

Mannnn,,,, i want oneee... Ive never been able to get my 4inch downpipe behind the motor.

Would be great to have a muffler and not get dissy from exhaust fumes so much.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so is that a no for us cts-v guys?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Are these already in production? I've been thinking about going with a turbo K member and building my own kit.. This would be one of the first parts I buy.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TermnEatr
Is this the same style that was used for the aps upgraded pte turbos from dkt?
Yeah it is the same style k-member we have been working with DKT performance on for a while. This k-member the clearance needed to clear the larger turbos or down pipes.

Originally Posted by 98CamZ28
Are there any additional pictures of this attached to a car with some turbo piping? I'm looking to see how this may fare. I have a tubular k-member already, but can't pass 4" pipe through the drivers side....if this can do that how I need it, this might be something to consider...introductory pricing (said "Cheap") would greatly sway my decision too lol.
You should have absolutely no issues running a 4" down pipe down the driver's side with this k-member.

Originally Posted by BLINGOLE
Mannnn,,,, i want oneee... Ive never been able to get my 4inch downpipe behind the motor.

Would be great to have a muffler and not get dissy from exhaust fumes so much.
When you are ready for one Mike let me know and I will take care of you on it.

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
so is that a no for us cts-v guys?
There really isn't enough interest for us to take the time and effort to build a k-member for the CTS-V. It is a very complicated piece that would take lots of time and testing to do properly and would consume lots of man hours. If the interest increased we may revisit the idea of doing it but for now it is no go.

Originally Posted by Sk8phreak88
Are these already in production? I've been thinking about going with a turbo K member and building my own kit.. This would be one of the first parts I buy.
The k-members are currently in production. We have our next batch of these k-members being finished up now so if you decide you want one let me know. One of these new style BMR turbo k-members will definitely help give you the clearance you need for your turbo kit.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Kyle I sent you a pm
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM
KFK
On The Tree

I understand this k-member was intended for the turbo kits with twins low off the manifolds. That being said I notice some differences between this DKT style and say the KM015. I was hoping to be able to purchase the KM015 with LS stands but was told no. I noticed the DKT has just the front bar curved by the motor mount area and the second is straight. Which would have more room in the motor mount to frame rail area; the DKT or the regular turbo LS k-member (KM013)? I am looking to buy this week and want the most room possible for piping.
Sorry this might be confusing but thanks for the input.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KFK
I understand this k-member was intended for the turbo kits with twins low off the manifolds. That being said I notice some differences between this DKT style and say the KM015. I was hoping to be able to purchase the KM015 with LS stands but was told no. I noticed the DKT has just the front bar curved by the motor mount area and the second is straight. Which would have more room in the motor mount to frame rail area; the DKT or the regular turbo LS k-member (KM013)? I am looking to buy this week and want the most room possible for piping.
Sorry this might be confusing but thanks for the input.
Call them or PM then... I can't say why (I'm not authorized to divulge information), but I can say do it, you'll have all your questions answered.

Quick Reply: New BAD ASS Turbo kmember ( DKT/BMR )