Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

WS6 S475 official build thread.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Bring it by the shop one Friday and we'll find out what it makes you chicken!!!

I don't wanna blow it up but id put it on there with a load at 20psi lol.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Harlan 2 step I got from Martin. 4800rpm on cold engine.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can see the condensation blowing out the pipe lol. Might should have let it warm up a little lol.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Probably should have let the poor thing warm up...
Old 11-11-2013, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Reading back through my own thread a little tonight. Man have I gone extreme compared to what the plan started with. My limit was 9 psi. Now I'm at 18-20 and planning on more. I just wanna take time and thank everyone for the advice along the way. Special thanks the my friend David and now business partner at Rock Solid Motorsports for all the work fabbing and helping me design my kit. It was a first for both of us.A special thanks the Martin@Tick for hooking me up with some good parts and great guidance on my setup. And last but not least Forced Inductions for providing such an affordable, reliable, monster power making S475 turbo. On the way to 900rwhp on a completely stock all but cam ls1.

Thanks again everyone. Still running strong. Drive train is starting to show weak points evening on the street with street tires but cross your fingers it holds for one good full potential pull on the Dyno with waste gate pinned and whatever boost it makes.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mrstepheneades
Reading back through my own thread a little tonight. Man have I gone extreme compared to what the plan started with. My limit was 9 psi. Now I'm at 18-20 and planning on more.
Its funny you only planned on 9 psi....

I am planning on 10....maybe 12 psi. Mine is mostly stock, pulled the heads for broken exhaust bolts, ended up doing a 3-angle valve job and resurfacing. Then I reassembled with copper coated LS9 7-Layer MLS head gaskets and head studs. Then of course a Tick Turbo cam along with Brian Tooley valve springs, retainers, locks, and pushrods.

Like you, if it all holds together, I am sure I will be reaching for the boost controller **** and adding more....

Just waiting on another 2 bar MAP sensor to show up (broke the nipple off mine on Friday) then its go time for dyno tuning.

Last edited by Ford_Assassin; 11-11-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ford_Assassin
Its funny you only planned on 9 psi....

I am planning on 10....maybe 12 psi. Mine is mostly stock, pulled the heads for broken exhaust bolts, ended up doing a 3-angle valve job and resurfacing. Then I reassembled with copper coated LS9 7-Layer MLS head gaskets and head studs. Then of course a Tick Turbo cam along with Brian Tooley valve springs, retainers, locks, and pushrods.

Like you, if it all holds together, I am sure I will be reaching for the boost controller **** and adding more....

Just waiting on another 2 bar MAP sensor to show up (broke the nipple off mine on Friday) then its go time for dyno tuning.
Yeah mine is only a 2bar which maxes at I think 15psi. My wideband says its still good afrs though so I keep going up.. My timing is only 14 degrees though so that's probably helping it live.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Reading back through my own thread a little tonight. Man have I gone extreme compared to what the plan started with. My limit was 9 psi. Now I'm at 18-20 and planning on more. I just wanna take time and thank everyone for the advice along the way. Special thanks the my friend David and now business partner at Rock Solid Motorsports for all the work fabbing and helping me design my kit. It was a first for both of us.A special thanks the Martin@Tick for hooking me up with some good parts and great guidance on my setup. And last but not least Forced Inductions for providing such an affordable, reliable, monster power making S475 turbo. On the way to 900rwhp on a completely stock all but cam ls1.

Thanks again everyone. Still running strong. Drive train is starting to show weak points evening on the street with street tires but cross your fingers it holds for one good full potential pull on the Dyno with waste gate pinned and whatever boost it makes.
Which is exactly what I told you would happen the first time you ever called me! That's why I pushed the level 3 clutch and 1000cc injectors on you so hard.

Glad you got them now!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 137 Likes on 66 Posts

Yup, i said my goal was 500hp and/or 130mph traps. Far beyond that now lol.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Which is exactly what I told you would happen the first time you ever called me! That's why I pushed the level 3 clutch and 1000cc injectors on you so hard.

Glad you got them now!
At 8 psi and a little over 500rwhp my injector duty cycle was only 35% with no meth injection yet. Picked up 250rwhp or more since then but added the meth. What do you think the duty cycle is now on them? How high have you seen people go on these. With the twin 10gph nozzles? Or bigger ones?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Yup, i said my goal was 500hp and/or 130mph traps. Far beyond that now lol.
Its never enough lol!! Even when gate is pinned on my current turbo I then will have plans for a forged engine and more boost with a larger turbo. Going to Tick soon as I get the chance with the gate closed tight and see what it makes on full kill. Who thinks the bottom end will hold one pull at full boost?
Old 11-13-2013, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice build! Just ordered the same turbo from Forced Inductions. I wonder if the high mileage motor is helping keep it together, being a little loose. Unfortunately my 6.0 only has 10,000 miles on it or so. I read the entire thread , but I didn't see anything about a boost reference regulator. Still on the stock rails and regulator?
Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harlan 2 step I got from Martin. 4800rpm on cold engine.

S475 Turbo Trans Am Harlan 2step @ 4800rpm - YouTube
Sounds Great. I am always making that sound when i am at stoplights with the wife lol.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by futureuser
Very nice build! Just ordered the same turbo from Forced Inductions. I wonder if the high mileage motor is helping keep it together, being a little loose. Unfortunately my 6.0 only has 10,000 miles on it or so. I read the entire thread , but I didn't see anything about a boost reference regulator. Still on the stock rails and regulator?
Yep still stock everything except injectors and twin walbros. And the hotwire kit and relay for the bigger pumps.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Sounds Great. I am always making that sound when i am at stoplights with the wife lol.
Lol thanks man.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Made my first twin scroll merge tonight just to see how it would go. Using 2.5" stainless. I know my welding could always use improvement but I was pretty satisfied for a first time trial. We'll use this one eventually one someone's car or the first off car kit we build.

Welded the inside in the middle so no welding was required on the outside between the pipes.

The future Forged 5.3 Engine that will be going in my car. Mock up engine for now.

Last edited by mrstepheneades; 12-06-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good man. How much would you charge me for a T6 like that but not regular pipe? I have the flange and about to start on my kit that will be coated and wrapped when complete. I already have the coating and I don't have a rig so no stainless for me. Lol
Old 12-06-2013, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by T/ALT1
Looks good man. How much would you charge me for a T6 like that but not regular pipe? I have the flange and about to start on my kit that will be coated and wrapped when complete. I already have the coating and I don't have a rig so no stainless for me. Lol
I sent you a pm. Could use mild steel too. Works the same just not as shinny lol lol.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Quick Reply: WS6 S475 official build thread.......