Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

WS6 S475 official build thread.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are doing an awesome job on it. The kit you made and the welds look professional. I am very impressed. Good luck with the rest of your build.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
I bet you can get close to that with one Walbro 340 twin in tank pumps are pretty easy to install though and not too expensive
Yeah. I talked to a guy and he said do twin walbros in tank... Can make the setup myself pretty cheap.. Said to look at some of Davids (mightymouse) threads on it..
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1sick-Z
You are doing an awesome job on it. The kit you made and the welds look professional. I am very impressed. Good luck with the rest of your build.
Thanks. I have a friend David who is helping me with all the welding... I got the design ideas and he puts some input in as well and then he works his magic with the welder lol.... Im learning a lot from him...
Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

-12an oil return bung in timing cover

-4an oil feed bung welded in factory block off

upper radiator support brackets

Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrstepheneades
Yeah. I talked to a guy and he said do twin walbros in tank... Can make the setup myself pretty cheap.. Said to look at some of Davids (mightymouse) threads on it..
There's really nothing to make id just buy the kit from sho me speed it wasn't too expensive then just modify the bucket you will be surprised how easy it is.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's really nothing to make id just buy the kit from sho me speed it wasn't too expensive then just modify the bucket you will be surprised how easy it is.
Thanks for that link man.... I looked them up... Kit not but 219.99.... And you can get the hotwire kit for like 65 and hobbs switch for 35... Thats a good deal...
Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM
8 Second Club

Thanks for that link man.... I looked them up... Kit not but 219.99.... And you can get the hotwire kit for like 65 and hobbs switch for 35... Thats a good deal...
Ya i bought that kit. And now that i see they have a 3 pump kit i wish i got that haha He didnt have that available when i bought mine. But either way i say go this route you will make your power easy and the wiring isn't bad at all. I have the hobbs if you want it i'll sell it to you cheap. I would rather wire both up together
Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya i bought that kit. And now that i see they have a 3 pump kit i wish i got that haha He didnt have that available when i bought mine. But either way i say go this route you will make your power easy and the wiring isn't bad at all. I have the hobbs if you want it i'll sell it to you cheap. I would rather wire both up together
so just wire both where they run all the time be the safer way of doing it???
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 PM
8 Second Club

so just wire both where they run all the time be the safer way of doing it???
well most people on here will say run the hobbs and set it for like 1psi or whatever but i just wanted both on all the time i hear it may heat up the fuel a little more but i'll find out myself. It all depends what your meaning of safe is? There are tons of threads on this one i just didn't want to run the hobbs.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

well most people on here will say run the hobbs and set it for like 1psi or whatever but i just wanted both on all the time i hear it may heat up the fuel a little more but i'll find out myself. It all depends what your meaning of safe is? There are tons of threads on this one i just didn't want to run the hobbs.
I may just wire both straight as well. Did you buy the hotwire kit with it?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
8 Second Club

I may just wire both straight as well. Did you buy the hotwire kit with it?
Yes I did.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I did.
ok... Ill be getting cam stuff from tick first..then injectors, then fuel pumps, then alky control, then clutch stuff, then maybe ill be ready to tune. I have went way way way over budget on this but is there really a budget on any turbo build??? lol
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 AM
8 Second Club

ok... Ill be getting cam stuff from tick first..then injectors, then fuel pumps, then alky control, then clutch stuff, then maybe ill be ready to tune. I have went way way way over budget on this but is there really a budget on any turbo build??? lol
haha ya tell me about it!!! You really go 3x over what you "planned" on spending. That is if you do it right anyways. Everytime you see a budget build just laugh because you get hooked and go way over! Unless you want some pile of **** that looks terrible and breaks every other week.
Just search craigslist and the forum you can save tons of money by doing that. I took trips all over just to get parts for my car, it sucked but in the end saved me thousands of dollars.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha ya tell me about it!!! You really go 3x over what you "planned" on spending. That is if you do it right anyways. Everytime you see a budget build just laugh because you get hooked and go way over! Unless you want some pile of **** that looks terrible and breaks every other week.
Just search craigslist and the forum you can save tons of money by doing that. I took trips all over just to get parts for my car, it sucked but in the end saved me thousands of dollars.
yeah knowing the right ppl and doing your homework definitely helps save big...
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well a little more progress...

Bought my twin walbro 340 fuel pumps and hot wire kit today.

And we got the top radiator hose done last night too.. Still have to bead roll the ends but my friend took it to work to get that done today..

Old 03-20-2013, 08:29 AM
8 Second Club

Well a little more progress...

Bought my twin walbro 340 fuel pumps and hot wire kit today.

And we got the top radiator hose done last night too.. Still have to bead roll the ends but my friend took it to work to get that done today..

Nice work man! Glad you went with the twin 340's those should be great for your set up. That radiator hose looks similar to my set up. Is that going below or above the exhaust?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice work man! Glad you went with the twin 340's those should be great for your set up. That radiator hose looks similar to my set up. Is that going below or above the exhaust?
It goes from top water pump outlet, makes a 90 and goes below the downpipe then across... Funny thing is the hose is made from stainless set of headers from kooks that go on a Viper.. Maybe you can see better from ths angle....

Yeah ordered my pumps from slo me like you said.... like 303 shipped for all..

Last edited by mrstepheneades; 03-20-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

i gotta do somethng about that ugly looking cluster of wires the go across there... guess ill have to cut each one and lengthen to change the routing.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Picture before i tear it back appart to polish the stainless stuff and install cam
Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM
8 Second Club

i gotta do somethng about that ugly looking cluster of wires the go across there... guess ill have to cut each one and lengthen to change the routing.
Oh ya your using the fans as pushers damn that will be a lot of work extending all those wires.

Quick Reply: WS6 S475 official build thread.......