Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GP on SD-Concepts Spring Tensioner Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004 | 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default GP on SD-Concepts Spring Tensioner Kit

SD-Concepts is offering a Gp on their spring tensioner kit before they raise their standard pricing. So not only do you get it at current pricing, but if we can get three or more buyers we additional discounts. If you were looking at one of these systems, it seems like now is the time to buy. We already have two people on board just looking for a third as well as anyone else looking to get in on this deal.

The GP isn't huge, but it's money for your pocket. I like SD-Concepts because they seem very committed to getting us the setup we deserve for that amount of money. They also align the system(included in the cost of their kit) and offer some good advice.

I asked Scott if he ever planned to design a bracket that didn't require us to take off the blower to switch belts. He said, why? The belt should last 20-40K miles. I've heard nothing but good things from buyers of this kit and Scott seems very sure that his kit is capable.

So anyone else interested please e-mail me at buschman_007@hotmail.com I'll explain the pricing to you.

Mike
Old 04-16-2004 | 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

From: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.

What is there website address? I'll send you an email when I get off work.
Old 04-16-2004 | 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

email sent also
Kyle
Old 04-16-2004 | 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Is this for the 6 rib or 8 rib kit?????
Kyle
Old 04-16-2004 | 08:41 PM
8 Second Club

wonder if i could use it with a cog belt setup......
Old 04-17-2004 | 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

you dont need to take the blower off to take the belt off

just put an idler on that bolt that hold the bracket on and run the belt under it......
Old 04-17-2004 | 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Scott, do you think you can take some pictures of how that is currently setup on your car, changing belts is always a pain in the *** w/the procharger stuff.......I might have sikora make a little deal like that to save 20min belt change
Old 04-17-2004 | 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys that sent me e-mails now have mail.

I'm also curious to see how Scott has mounted his so you don't need to remove the blower to change a belt.

As far as cogs and spring tensioner, I bet you Scott could work something up for ya. Give him a call and ask.

Mike
Old 04-17-2004 | 10:26 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I think what Scott is saying you run the belt over the bottom support instead of under it by adding an idler so you could leave the blower on and swap belts. I thought about something like that but the blower pulley is so close to alternator pulley I dont think I would be able to get the belt off the s/c pulley.

Sent an e-mail on the SD pricing Mike.
Old 04-18-2004 | 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

I'm interested....let me know.

darkblueta@aol.com

Thanks!
Matt
Old 04-18-2004 | 03:31 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I'm ready to buy so if you want one 'fer sure' get back to me, sent an e-mail yesterday..
Old 04-19-2004 | 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Warning...........

I have been waiting for my final crankpulley and belt from them for over 6 months now.

I have their 2 piece prototype right now that they said not to run hard since it's bolted together.

I have been giving them the benefit of the doubt until I now see them doing GP's and I still don't have my final product I paid for 6 months ago!

edit - just spoke to SD again and they are busting a## to make things right. thumbs up for that.

Last edited by Blackbird; 04-20-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-19-2004 | 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blackbird
Warning...........

I have been waiting for my final crankpulley and belt from them for over 6 months now.

I have their 2 piece prototype right now that they said not to run hard since it's bolted together.

I have been giving them the benefit of the doubt until I now see them doing GP's and I still don't have my final product I paid for 6 months ago!

Just warning you guys. I would hate to see them take all your money and not deliver as they have done to me.
Heath whats your last name because i put down a $100 bucks for them to hold a set for me.... the last one they said they had of this batch. They said they were waiting on the batch of crank pulleys to show up...... Im going to call again tomorrow and ask more questions.
Kyle
Old 04-19-2004 | 07:40 PM
Launching!

Blackbird, thanks for the warning.
Old 04-20-2004 | 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Hey guys just to let you know I had a conversation with Wendy and she is really going out of her way to make things right. She says she is even going to hop in the car and drive out to their machinist and give his butt a little kick start

Just wanted to let you know. Don't want to scare anyone away but I felt it my duty to fellow ls1'rs to let them know my story so others don't have to get frustrated like I did.

oh and P.S. if you were influenced to purchase by me let them know.
apparently they have a referral program I was unaware of

Last edited by Blackbird; 04-20-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-20-2004 | 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shot you a new PM Heath. I also talked to them today and they told me they will have the first batch in there hands in 2 weeks..... they were waiting onthe machinist to finish them...... I put a deposit down on an 8 rib setup.....
Kyle
Old 04-21-2004 | 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just sent you guys updated information. Includes info on the 6 rib setup, more savings if we get 8 or more orders, and all the payment info. I think I may have double sent the e-mail, so sorry if you get two of the same

Mike
Old 04-22-2004 | 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Mike, I replyed to your email.......... I placed my Deposit guys.......
Kyle
Old 04-27-2004 | 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Recieved a call this morning from SD Concepts and they told me they have all the pulleys in house and they are checking them all over for quality control.... They told me they were going to call me later today or tomorrow to tell em when i can send my bracket in. Just thought i would give you guys an update.
Kyle
Old 04-28-2004 | 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

This GP ends on the 30th. Only a couple more days to get in on it. E-mail me at buschman_007@hotmail.com if you want details or want to get in on this deal. As Kyle said, all the parts are in so there should be no delay on parts arriving. As soon as you pay, you get to play

Remember, Scott personally mounts and aligns every pully setup that leaves his shop and will fix any alignment problems free of cost(cept any shipping). If you follow his recommended steps there should be no reason to have any more belt issues. He says he's gotten this setup over 23 psi reliably.

Only a couple more days and we need 1 more person to jump on board. Let me know...

Mike

Quick Reply: GP on SD-Concepts Spring Tensioner Kit