which superchargers fit on an 02 camaro with stock hood, or what hood do u need
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vortechs and prochargers do.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

If you are looking for a positive displacement blower some people fit the maggie's but for the most part I'd recommend a Procharger all day over one of those.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Send me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com requesting a copy of the ProCharger installation instructions, and I will e-mail them to you. The instructions will give you a very good idea of where everything is located. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Procharger is your best bet all day.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Procharger is your best bet all day.
I agree! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-21-2013, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

I highly suggest searching around and reading a lot. You need to know more about what you want to gauge your options better. Positive displacement or centrifigual for starters? Theres a wealth of knowledge on here...just start reading
Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

im looking at the maggie, why is the procharger way better, i want to hear the whine realy loud.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GHall8788
im looking at the maggie, why is the procharger way better, i want to hear the whine realy loud.
you will be whining when the procharged cars pass you like a warm summer day. the positive displacement blowers are sponges for heat. I dont have to ice my blower down.

Just watch this video. It explains a fair amount.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
you will be whining when the procharged cars pass you like a warm summer day. the positive displacement blowers are sponges for heat. I dont have to ice my blower down.

Just watch this video. It explains a fair amount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImvM5N-H-10
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Positive displacements arent really an option on the fbodies if your wanting to make any kind of decent power. they are just too tall to fit under the cowl. Prochargers mount down low in front of the alternator. (which i wish they made a top mount bracket instead, mine got puddled water in the intake hat ) they simply bolt on, no real modifications required.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by allout06
Positive displacements arent really an option on the fbodies if your wanting to make any kind of decent power. they are just too tall to fit under the cowl. Prochargers mount down low in front of the alternator. (which i wish they made a top mount bracket instead, mine got puddled water in the intake hat ) they simply bolt on, no real modifications required.
Oh ****, thats not good. Did it ruin anything? Reason for asking is Im looking for a setup like this to run on my dd that will be driven from time to time in the rain. Only when its rainning of course
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JRENIGAR
Oh ****, thats not good. Did it ruin anything? Reason for asking is Im looking for a setup like this to run on my dd that will be driven from time to time in the rain. Only when its rainning of course
Fortunately no, the car had been sitting and got rained on several times. The inner fender in front of the drivers side tires has a piece missing where it smacked my tire at some point so rain was able to get to the filter and settle In the hump of the truck inlet hat. So its partially my own fault. But, even still, you HAVE to watch out for puddles cuz u can hit them and it will.suck up water. I was goin to.custom make a rain guard around the intake hat out of sheet aluminum but got rid of the procharger and went twin turbo. No more worries lol.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

I really wanted to do the maggie supercharger. i love the look of it ontop of the engine..if i get a 2.5 cowl or higher will it fit without having to drop the K member? if i do drop it, does that lower the engine, i want longtubes and am afraid if i drop the k member will they get lower to the ground? sorry, i am very new to these large modifications so im just trying to learn, thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

form over function? be my guest. I prefer the look of a beautiful intake with a charge pipe running to it personally. Positive displacement blowers are like street ******, right there in front of you, and leave nothing to the imagination. And they cost too much money, and do nothing but get hot and whine.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:51 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Search, read, search some more, then read some more. The only positive displacement blower to fit on an f-body, with modifications is the MP112, which maxes out at ~500rwhp and the kit costs upwards of $6800. Even with that, you have to notch your cowl to get it to fit.

For $6800, buy a 427 with some decent heads and you'll be close to 600rwhp NA.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
form over function? be my guest. I prefer the look of a beautiful intake with a charge pipe running to it personally. Positive displacement blowers are like street ******, right there in front of you, and leave nothing to the imagination. And they cost too much money, and do nothing but get hot and whine.

So true.

People who think centrifugals are gutless have clearly never driven one ! They have more than enough low end, and far more mid-top end than any Maggie or similar ever will.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear the reasoning why centrifugal superchargers are far superior but why does GM, Ford and Mercedes, etc go with positive displacement superchargers? Even the copo cars from ford and gm have positive displacement blowers.

My point is you can't make such a broad statement, If I was going for big power with a supercharger I would go procharger or big whipple. That being said the Maggie is great for low end torque, trouble free operation and you can make decent horsepower. Just depends what your looking for in a supercharger.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by mike13
I hear the reasoning why centrifugal superchargers are far superior but why does GM, Ford and Mercedes, etc go with positive displacement superchargers? Even the copo cars from ford and gm have positive displacement blowers.

My point is you can't make such a broad statement, If I was going for big power with a supercharger I would go procharger or big whipple. That being said the Maggie is great for low end torque, trouble free operation and you can make decent horsepower. Just depends what your looking for in a supercharger.
Nobody is saying they are superior. They are just different.

OEM choose PD blowers because they offer a good torque increase right from the word go, which is what most drivers they sell to will want. It's where most of their driving will be, and they are generally quieter and can easily last 100k, 200k

Centrifugals by nature wont produce good gains until higher in the rpm range. If the OEM want that, they just use turbochargers. Cheaper and more reliable as they are effectively zero maintenance.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mike13

If you own a 98-02 Fbody, you might as well just write off the thought of doing a positive displacement blower thanks to the cowl location. The amount of work, and money, required to make one work, with any amount of power, is just not worth it.

Can you get a mp112 to fit, sure, but why? So you can make an instant 500 ft/lbs of torque at 2200rpm? All that does is roast tires.

Quick Reply: supercharger fit