Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1999 Camaro SS 996rwhp stock 5.3L dyno video

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think 706 casting is 04 and up might be wrong tho.... still bad *** numbers puts mine to shame lol
Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Good numbers Brad, that thing was screaming! Bet it's a blast to drive.

As for all the haters... Blahahaha!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dilsnick
congrats brad. thats a very strong number. locked, unlocked, down the block, smoking rocks, or otherwise. you deserve it for being the only guy who isnt a huge ****** out of that group

i cannot believe people are surprised that stangkilr posted uncorrect information. he is notorious for it. so that shouldnt bother people. he is a broken record after caught lying ''the owner told me'' ''the owner said'' ''thats what i heard'' so no surprises there.

now get that thing to the track and lay down some good numbers.
skeet skeet
Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Cool dyno numbers.

How's it run at the track? That's all I'd really care about.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

congrats brad. thats a very strong number. locked, unlocked, down the block, smoking rocks, or otherwise. you deserve it for being the only guy who isnt a huge ****** out of that group

i cannot believe people are surprised that stangkilr posted uncorrect information. he is notorious for it. so that shouldnt bother people. he is a broken record after caught lying ''the owner told me'' ''the owner said'' ''thats what i heard'' so no surprises there.

Thanks man! You crack me up! But yes we need to get some real tires on it
and get it to launch like your car and see what it will do at the track!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great Dyno numbers! FWIW-My $8,000 498 was dyno'd. I drove 19 hrs to Colorado to watch the dyno tests. It laid down 816flywheel hp. It was crazy. I get it to the track and it runs 6.31 @ 108mph. That was the best. That engine blew up 7 months later. No more expensive big blocks for me.

I build a junk yard 5.3 and twin turbos. First time I have done any of this stuff myself. Built it, tuned it and had it dyno'd on a mustang dyno. It only dyno'd like 588 to the wheels and all the big block guys gave me ****. Guess what? I take it to the track and it runs 118mph. So to me dyno's are cool but don't mean **** until it gets to the track.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jleews6
Did you not see my little joker guy at the end of my post? Im very impressed locked or unlocked. I was just kind of joking about how some are making seem like because it was locked its not that impressive.

That being said I'm not a dyno guy and the real numbers will show at the track. My friends 03 Cobra made 70 more HP then my 03 did. Same day,same dyno within 15 minutes of each other. The next day I went 121mph and he went 118.
OK, Yes I saw the jester. I thought you were implying "What a joke" to the original statements. My bad. If it was the laughing smileys MAYBE I would have understood.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

When are we going to see Curtis and Brad line them up and get this over with?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

"we went from a 120mph Roll".

-quotes from the future
Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
When are we going to see Curtis and Brad line them up and get this over with?
Id hope Curtis has Brad covered. He has about 200hp on Brad plus Curtis put the bottle on his car (so ive heard).
Old 02-19-2013, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tunink
Cool dyno numbers.

How's it run at the track? That's all I'd really care about.
I agree, I have never really been a huge dyno fan myself.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will totally agree with you I won't mention names but I have never ever seen such a group of people that are buddy buddy in person and on facebook but when they aren't around each other at the street races how much love they talk against each other at one point in time. I have never heard anything about brad though.

Originally Posted by FasTimeSS
how about we all get on the highway in houston next month and figure this out for realz ?
I will be there not sure about the others
Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah lets get all the KC guys together and race down in Tx ha ha...We were all told we would get drug by that silver trans am last year and that DIDNT happen. lol. This year on the other hand Curtis should be able to out run me. I dont expect my car to be as fast as my old 2002 Camaro
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
Yeah lets get all the KC guys together and race down in Tx ha ha...We were all told we would get drug by that silver trans am last year and that DIDNT happen. lol. This year on the other hand Curtis should be able to out run me. I dont expect my car to be as fast as my old 2002 Camaro
was all the pictures taken and swinging on your car at world of wheels that doesnt run worth it not risking it being ready for texas like last year?
get off the internet, clean your vag and focus on getting your car running for texas. we all know how hard you worked to get your NON RUNNING CAR to show up to world of wheels

Last edited by AutomagicLS1; 02-19-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
was all the pictures taken and swinging on your car at world of wheels that doesnt run worth it not risking it being ready for texas like last year?
get off the internet, clean your vag and focus on getting your car running for texas. we all know how hard you worked to get your NON RUNNING CAR to show up to world of wheels
You do realize I took a pretty much stock Camaro and am doing something not many people have done to one of these. I have to pioneer most of the **** I am doing on it. All of this in 3 months and YES it will be done for Tx. On top of all this i work 60-70 hours a week. Ill bust my *** to make sure its sitting at the omni come march
Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
You do realize I took a pretty much stock Camaro and am doing something not many people have done to one of these. I have to pioneer most of the **** I am doing on it. All of this in 3 months and YES it will be done for Tx. On top of all this i work 60-70 hours a week. Ill bust my *** to make sure its sitting at the omni come march
yes. I do realize this and hats off to you but what is more important getting your stuff ready to go bust some *** or getting your car that doesn't run to world of wheels so people can take pictures of it?
Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

yes. I do realize this and hats off to you but what is more important getting your stuff ready to go bust some *** or getting your car that doesn't run to world of wheels so people can take pictures of it?
I like doing the World of Wheels stuff so yeah that was kind of important to me. My car was WAYYYYY further a long than last year with the old car.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Launching!

yes. I do realize this and hats off to you but what is more important getting your stuff ready to go bust some *** or getting your car that doesn't run to world of wheels so people can take badass pictures of it?
fixed for you!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish i could have went to world of wheels just to see that 5th gen,it wouldnt be the first time a car was at a show that didnt run,he is working on it,man im done with this thread,to much hate for me,congrats to the op and everyone that had a hand in it,

Quick Reply: 1999 Camaro SS 996rwhp stock 5.3L dyno video