Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PT106 and 5.3L stock?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its an S500 with a goofy cover they had for it.

Spray it on the brake or plumb Co2 into the turbine housing inlet. Let co2 hit hot exhaust and that stuff will expand like crazy.

Dont get stupid with the ivc... get crazy with the evo... and put a ton of overlap in it.

I have a used cam that MIGHT just work in something like this. 235/247 on a 110+3. With a turbine that big the cam will look exactly like a nasty n/a cam.

Put it on alcohol. The extra fuel volume will help spool.

Get as much compression in it as you can.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn John, sounds like you've done this before haha! Do what this man says ^^
Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LilJohn

Spray it on the brake or plumb Co2 into the turbine housing inlet. Let co2 hit hot exhaust and that stuff will expand like crazy.

Dont get stupid with the ivc... get crazy with the evo... and put a ton of overlap in it.

I have a used cam that MIGHT just work in something like this. 235/247 on a 110+3. With a turbine that big the cam will look exactly like a nasty n/a cam.

I thought you would have recommended an EVO earlier than 56.5*. Or do you think the extra overlap might get it done in this case?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJohn

I am curious how the alcohol will affect it. With more fuel volume and lower iat's, comes cooler exhaust gasses that kill velocity. I am not stating this as fact, I was just wondering if there is any truth to that? I was told that by someone at borgwarner, when I was sharing my engine specs with him. I have a filled block so alcohol or e-85 is a must.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dirty_old_chevy
I thought you would have recommended an EVO earlier than 56.5*. Or do you think the extra overlap might get it done in this case?
I'm sure if given the chance to custom spec a cam he would use an earlier event than such.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

What are you guys running for an intercooler a2w??? Looking into these setups wanted to get some input.. Thanks again for everyones input

And @ martin tick performance can you pm me about possible cam choices when you get a chance thank ya
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dirty_old_chevy
Too much Evo and youll never spool it because it wont make torque down low. For something like this a 56.5 to 59 is all i would do. Then get crazy with the overlap and use as much as i would on a nasty Na cam 20+ degrees at .050.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by elkydragger
I am curious how the alcohol will affect it. With more fuel volume and lower iat's, comes cooler exhaust gasses that kill velocity. I am not stating this as fact, I was just wondering if there is any truth to that? I was told that by someone at borgwarner, when I was sharing my engine specs with him. I have a filled block so alcohol or e-85 is a must.
There is some truth to that. Yes at full load egts on methanol will be lower....but we are talking twice the fuel mass over gas. When its needed, during spool up, 1400 degree EGT's are acheivable to get the needed heat to the turbine. You just have to know when to make it hot and when to cool it off.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by randomninels1nova
What are you guys running for an intercooler a2w??? Looking into these setups wanted to get some input.. Thanks again for everyones input

And @ martin tick performance can you pm me about possible cam choices when you get a chance thank ya
PM being sent right now.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Ah, just spool it with a TVS1900 and call it done, lol.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:19 PM

Hi I race in a street legal street race it is a 1/8 mile I'm running a 12 to 1 383 with a gen one it does real well. But lost one race last year to a mustang that was bad fast. I cant run my nitrous in this event but can run a boosted motor was thanking of running one 88 turbo with twenty pounds of boost and vp116 fuel. Need help with parts list for turbo set up on a budget, especially the exhaust manifold cant seem to find a reasonable one, also need to know what boost controller is needed running msd 6 digital ignition. with a built in retard was thanking msd boost controller might work to back timing of under boost. The engine put out around 600 hp on motor with a cheater plate system. I'm running all forged parts with iron eagle platinum heads.

Last edited by 80camaro; 06-16-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 80camaro
Hi I race in a street legal street race it is a 1/8 mile I'm running a 12 to 1 383 with a gen one it does real well. But lost one race last year to a mustang that was bad fast. I cant run my nitrous in this event but can run a boosted motor was thanking of running one 88 turbo with twenty pounds of boost and vp116 fuel. Need help with parts list for turbo set up on a budget, especially the exhaust manifold cant seem to find a reasonable one, also need to know what boost controller is needed running msd 6 digital ignition. with a built in retard was thanking msd boost controller might work to back timing of under boost. The engine put out around 600 hp on motor with a cheater plate system. I'm running all forged parts with iron eagle platinum heads.
PM sent!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:05 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
Looks like a S95 or something, something FI does to the Borgs more than likely.
Since someone necroed this thread... That is a Forced Inductions S95. How do I know that? I own one. The cover is slightly larger, but the compressor wheel is smaller than the 106. It is rated for 1800-1900 hp vs the 106mm which the OP has is in the 2400+ range.

Quick Reply: PT106 and 5.3L stock?????