Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Version 2.0 / Z28 / Procharged / 383ci / Build /Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by conan

How are you coming along with your project ?
Coming along nicely. Taking my heads to machine shop for clean up. Need to order my fans and cam and a few other things ffrom Bob and I'll be ready for dyno. Also do you happen to have the part number to that Hobbs switch? Finally got my fueling and wiring down

Last edited by chevybayboy; 02-01-2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chevybayboy
Coming along nicely. Taking my heads to machine shop for clean up. Need to order my fans and cam and a few other things ffrom Bob and I'll be ready for dyno. Also do you happen to have the part number to that Hobbs switch? Finally got my fueling and wiring down
Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-02-2015, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chevybayboy
Sounds like your on the right track. I don't have a part # for the Hobbs switch. Lonnine sent it with the pump set up. I think he sells them a part from his kits, you could give him a buzz and see.
http://www.lonniesperformance.com/
Old 04-15-2016, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Back from the dead, A little update for my man diary. So last summer the Ram Power grip HD gave up the ghost and slipped really bad on me and welded it self together. After just having my son there was no way the wife was letting me spend this kind of money on the toy until the medical bills were paid, so the car sat broken again for a few months.

Finally tax season came and I was able to buy this beauty... RPS's full carbon street twin. Hopefully I'll have her in and driving again on Sunday. Really looking forward to seeing how different the car drives with the lighter twin disk VS the heavy Ram unit. Stuck the two clutches on the scale today to see the difference. RPS came in at 38.6# complete, and the Ram weighed 52.0# for a 13.6# diet. The RPS clutch disks weigh 2.2# each for 4.4# total and the Ram came in at 5.8# for a 1.4# diet on my input shaft. So far customer service has been top notch, spoke with Rob the owner of RPS today for some final installation instructions, and measurements. Very educational chat today. Here's some pics of this bad boy.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

15# total. That is quite the reduction in rotating mass. Good to hear RPS's customer service is top notch.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
15# total. That is quite the reduction in rotating mass. Good to hear RPS's customer service is top notch.
I was surprised my self to see the side by side comparison on the scale, can't wait to see how it drives. It has been interesting researching and talking to the clutch guru's over the last few months, I've learned a bunch. Never really liked the way pedal felt or the chatter of the Ram unit either. Haven't read one bad post about RPS yet hopefully I'm not the first.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:03 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I use that very same clutch.
You should be very happy with it.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
I use that very same clutch.
You should be very happy with it.
Glad to hear you having good success with the RPS unit.

You are also right... I got her all put back together today and finally got to drive my toy again This clutch is bad ***, by far the smoothest shifting and smoothest engagement I've ever felt in this car for the last 15 years I've had it ... No more chatter and shake from the Ram. Looking forward to beating on this thing again this summer.

Last edited by conan; 04-18-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Version 2.0 / Z28 / Procharged / 383ci / Build /Dyno Results