Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pro Comp Ebay Head Studs -- Warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toeffer777
Man, people have some nerve. The guy is selling head studs on ebay and thinks that the heads are the determining factor for which set you need and you make accusations that I'm the idiot?

I guess I shouldn't expect less from some people.

Not really calling you an idiot, just that you posess the tendicies of one. 😄
Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL !! you guys are killing me.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMF_Racing
LOL !! you guys are killing me.
Lol. The point of this thread is to talk ****, right? I mean, go buy some arp's and don't worry about it.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ran into the same thing with arps...some guy sold me ones based on my heads rather than the short block....was before I knew any different. And this was at a "reputable" shop, lol.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Not really calling you an idiot, just that you posess the tendicies of one. 😄
Yes because expecting a vendor to know what they are selling indicates that I possess the "tendicies" of one.

Please stop trolling now, thanks!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Yes because expecting a vendor to know what they are selling indicates that I possess the "tendicies" of one.

Please stop trolling now, thanks!
Yes sir!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Yes sir!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

?
Don't think so, its cool if your into that just not my thing.

Next time you order stuff and want customer service, order from a Forum supporting vendor (they will help you with any q's you have and get you the correct parts), not the discounted part flippers on ebay. If your buying on ebay you are buying the part and paying a tiny bit of profit to that vendor that works on volume, not providing you hand holding customer service. A 30 second newbie Google search could have provided you the answer to which studs you needed (based on the blocks year) and all this would not have happened to you. Do a little homework/research and you will learn a lot and save yourself a lot of headaches, or not and enjoy threads like this one.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Don't think so, its cool if your into that just not my thing.

Next time you order stuff and want customer service, order from a Forum supporting vendor (they will help you with any q's you have and get you the correct parts), not the discounted part flippers on ebay. If your buying on ebay you are buying the part and paying a tiny bit of profit to that vendor that works on volume, not providing you hand holding customer service. A 30 second newbie Google search could have provided you the answer to which studs you needed (based on the blocks year) and all this would not have happened to you. Do a little homework/research and you will learn a lot and save yourself a lot of headaches, or not and enjoy threads like this one.
Interesting you feel this way, but very inaccurate. This is direct from their eBay ad.

"We’ve been in business for over nine years and are committed to providing excellent products with exceptional service. If you have any questions or problems, we are more than happy to address your concerns. Please feel free to call us at (706) 478-9560 and ask for Heather or Shaun."

Again this thread was intended to save someone time and possibly help them, which to me is the whole point of these forums. Its sad some people ruin the true origin of why these forums were created.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Interesting you feel this way, but very inaccurate. This is direct from their eBay ad.

"We’ve been in business for over nine years and are committed to providing excellent products with exceptional service. If you have any questions or problems, we are more than happy to address your concerns. Please feel free to call us at (706) 478-9560 and ask for Heather or Shaun."

Again this thread was intended to save someone time and possibly help them, which to me is the whole point of these forums. Its sad some people ruin the true origin of why these forums were created.
I'm sorry my opinion of ebay is different then yours, everyone has different expectations. I don't expect much because it is a discount source for most everything. Don't get me wrong, I buy a ton of things on there, but I do tons of research on the items I'm looking at because I have had your issues in the past. Since those issues, I research before buying and now I dont have any issues anymore buying on ebay. Just my $0.02.

Good luck in the future.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Launching!

If you are new at this, then do your self a favor and do some research and learn what you need to know. That way you know exactly what you need and not hope it's rite like some one already said. Most not all but most people that sell parts are not mechanics, that's why they sell parts. Nothing against parts guys. Deal with them dailey. So if you don't know what you need you shouldn't have your hands in a engine period.
You ever notice when you go into A home improvement store and every one that works there has a degree in electrical engineering ???? If they did they wouldn't be working there making 10$ an hour.
So do your research and try and learn and don't rely on any one to make sure you get the rite parts. And you will save yourself time and money and learn in the process

Bowtie these studs aren't too bad just torqued mine down to 80fts the other day without a problem
Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red 95 t/a
If you are new at this, then do your self a favor and do some research and learn what you need to know. That way you know exactly what you need and not hope it's rite like some one already said. Most not all but most people that sell parts are not mechanics, that's why they sell parts. Nothing against parts guys. Deal with them dailey. So if you don't know what you need you shouldn't have your hands in a engine period.
You ever notice when you go into A home improvement store and every one that works there has a degree in electrical engineering ???? If they did they wouldn't be working there making 10$ an hour.
So do your research and try and learn and don't rely on any one to make sure you get the rite parts. And you will save yourself time and money and learn in the process

Bowtie these studs aren't too bad just torqued mine down to 80fts the other day without a problem
Well said.

I also have used these studs on turbo engines from 500whp up to 850whp with no issues. They are no ARP studs, but far better than the TTY bolts. Not really sure the limits beyond 850whp.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Do research? The whole point of this post was to help aide in someone else's research if they had the same question as me. God forbid not everyone is an expert ls1tech and is new to the field.

I came here to do research and didn't find the information about stud sizes being related to the year of the block vs the heads. Also giving buyers a warning that they could possibly buy the wrong parts if they did not know and were new to the scene like me.

I do not see any harm in this original post, but I will refrain next time I think I'm being helpful.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Do research? The whole point of this post was to help aide in someone else's research if they had the same question as me. God forbid not everyone is an expert ls1tech and is new to the field.

I came here to do research and didn't find the information about stud sizes being related to the year of the block vs the heads. Also giving buyers a warning that they could possibly buy the wrong parts if they did not know and were new to the scene like me.

I do not see any harm in this original post, but I will refrain next time I think I'm being helpful.

Not bashing you or any one else. There is a ton of info all over this site. There is a reason you don't see threads on here like this. Cuz every one searches for the info the need. And if you would have done that when that guy said it depends on what heads you have you could have said your fool if **** and went on to a more knowledgeable company. It says on kmj's site what year blocks for what part num.
my motor is a 03 so that is a crossover year and not knowing when in the year it way made I pulled one of the end head bolts to make sure what I had. It way easy with no drama.
It's real simple 97-03 the 2 end head bolts are shorter. 04 up all the same size
Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Not bashing you or any one else. There is a ton of info all over this site. There is a reason you don't see threads on here like this. Cuz every one searches for the info the need.size
Coming from a user who posted a question asking if iron heads came on a 6.0l...
Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What's your point ???

The answer is yes they had iron and Aluminum.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Uh ok? And? Who said any thing about iron heads? 99 and 00 lq4 also had longer cranks. What's your point
Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Uh ok? And? Who said any thing about iron heads? 99 and 00 lq4 also had longer cranks. What's your point
You said these posts don't exist because people search for what they need before they post. I'm pretty sure that you could find the answer about iron heads before you made the post asking if they existed.

Your logic contradicts itself, that's my only point.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

I have to say something now, lol. I can't resist. The level of idiocracy just went through the roof.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Ebay Head Studs -- Warning