Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pro Comp Ebay Head Studs -- Warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you have nothing better to do the dig up old post I wasn't asking if they made them. Because I knew they did because I had one infront of me at the moment. Was seeing how common they were.
Any way done with this childish ****. Oh and good luck with the build by the sounds of it, it should all work out great for you bud
Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Teching In

I ordered mine from Alper motorsports received them in 3 working days. I think the total was $65 shipped from his website and didn't have to deal with paypal or Ebay
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is great.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by red 95 t/a
If you are new at this, then do your self a favor and do some research and learn what you need to know. That way you know exactly what you need and not hope it's rite like some one already said. Most not all but most people that sell parts are not mechanics, that's why they sell parts. Nothing against parts guys. Deal with them dailey. So if you don't know what you need you shouldn't have your hands in a engine period.
You ever notice when you go into A home improvement store and every one that works there has a degree in electrical engineering ???? If they did they wouldn't be working there making 10$ an hour.
So do your research and try and learn and don't rely on any one to make sure you get the rite parts. And you will save yourself time and money and learn in the process

Bowtie these studs aren't too bad just torqued mine down to 80fts the other day without a problem
Ok this is fairly ridiculous. If you have no experience with this particular platform and are trying to garner knowledge which you find to be contradictory (as is wont to happen on just about EVERY forum and source) then when you are doing something for the first time where exactly are you supposed to get your information? I actually purchased my parts from a sponsor (no longer) the first time and received the incorrect parts.

As it turned out I had to pay a couple bucks to get the correct studs, but thankfully was able to sell the old ones and make my money back. Lesson learned, but just because someone does not know the ins and outs of every combination of parts does not mean that they are not qualified to build their motor. I am sorry, but everyone has a first motor build. How else can you learn something but by doing it.

With the massive amounts of misinformation out there, be it from shops or the internet, mistakes are going to be made some times. If you are careful and have some mechanical aptitude then it is possible to learn of these mistakes before anything goes seriously wrong. In my case the motor is up and running just fine with zero issues. I am sure you have made a mistake or two in your life or been mis-informed before.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sarg
Ok this is fairly ridiculous. If you have no experience with this particular platform and are trying to garner knowledge which you find to be contradictory (as is wont to happen on just about EVERY forum and source) then when you are doing something for the first time where exactly are you supposed to get your information? I actually purchased my parts from a sponsor (no longer) the first time and received the incorrect parts.

As it turned out I had to pay a couple bucks to get the correct studs, but thankfully was able to sell the old ones and make my money back. Lesson learned, but just because someone does not know the ins and outs of every combination of parts does not mean that they are not qualified to build their motor. I am sorry, but everyone has a first motor build. How else can you learn something but by doing it.

With the massive amounts of misinformation out there, be it from shops or the internet, mistakes are going to be made some times. If you are careful and have some mechanical aptitude then it is possible to learn of these mistakes before anything goes seriously wrong. In my case the motor is up and running just fine with zero issues. I am sure you have made a mistake or two in your life or been mis-informed before.
Amen.
Close thread.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 89 Posts

just thought id add that ive had nothing but good experience with the guy "1bad71camaro"
hadnt bought any head studs but ive boughten a ton of an fittings form him. pretty much is my go to other then another one when he doesnt have a certain kind or is out of stock. ill be buying my studs from him when i need them.
also mention that i didnt recieve an item and he fixed the issue and i got them 2 days later. guess i hadnt had an issue.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had to order both sets from KMJ. Each time they sent me the correct ones with no issues. I even have torqued them down in steps of 60,80,90 and none have ever broke. This is with LS9 gaskets.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Ebay Head Studs -- Warning