Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

For the SDCE spring tensioner guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

yeah i had to make that bottom piece thinner, check the pic i posted out , it had to be made thinner and the tensioner made thinner with my trusty file
Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
yeah i had to make that bottom piece thinner, check the pic i posted out , it had to be made thinner and the tensioner made thinner with my trusty file
I'm sending you version 2.0 tonight. I changed the way the torquing bolt bar is welded to the round tube and I extended the hook off the round tube as well. We'll see if this will fit so the hook stays as thick as possibe.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow. That's awesome. It's so nice of you to do that. You don't find many people in the world to make something for almost nothing. Have someone bitch. Aka me and then have another one sent to them.

You are truly a nice person. It's so kind of you. Thank you.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow. That's awesome. It's so nice of you to do that. You don't find many people in the world to make something for almost nothing. Have someone bitch. Aka me and then have another one sent to them.

You are truly a nice person. It's so kind of you. Thank you.
Its all good, I'm very stubborn when I make things and will see them to the bitter end, also I alway take responsibility for the things I do... good, bad, or ugly.

My thought when making this was the tighter fit is what helped made my tool work better. I file fit every tool to my tensioner and made it fit tight so it doesnt fly off in the middle of setting the tension. I should have thought about little differances in tensioners... Hell my spring tensioner is from 2006 so I'm sure there are litte changes thats happened in the last 7 years.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:23 AM
TECH Junkie

got my new one int he mail , thank you so much btw, went to try it on but couldnt get in down in there , i have been driving the car to work and just got home and everything was hell hot in there.

I will try and do it tonight or tomorrow night . Thanks so much . Really stand up of you.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Let me know how this one fits when you have some time. It's "looser" on my tensioner then the first one I sent you.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:13 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF is wrong with you, conan? Shouldnt you be trying to capitolize on the LS1tech community rather than helping us out? Geez! The nerve of some people

Dude, I dont have an SDCE bracket, but just wanted to chime in here and reaffirm your awesomeness!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
WTF is wrong with you, conan? Shouldnt you be trying to capitolize on the LS1tech community rather than helping us out? Geez! The nerve of some people

Dude, I dont have an SDCE bracket, but just wanted to chime in here and reaffirm your awesomeness!
Thanks Chad
Old 08-21-2013, 06:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Bad news. With my fans in. I run two of them I can't get a good read. I need to get under it quick and try it out
Old 08-21-2013, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Bad news. With my fans in. I run two of them I can't get a good read. I need to get under it quick and try it out
Try to take some pics of it if it doesn't fit. I would like to see what is differant between yours and mine.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

will do , im gonna try tonight to get some pics .
Old 12-08-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Great tool!!!

So the other night I finally got my motor in and blower bolted up. It was time to use the new tool that Conan had provided me a few months ago. Great guy, quick shipping, and a quality piece. I could not have asked for a better fit. The tool worked flawlessly, made setting the tension on the belt so much easier.
I think it's sad how people complain about a product that their getting for practically free and how they had to do some grinding or a bit of filling. Honestly they should have taken there problems to pm's rather than make a big stink on the forum. Possibly making people second guess this tool. Especially when he does everything to make it right.
Anyway, if you were hesitant about a purchase because of reading previous posts, don't be this tool works great.
Also conan I just purchased a new tensioner from sdce so it works for the new ones as well as my old one.
Thank agian
Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nvmy2000ss
So the other night I finally got my motor in and blower bolted up. It was time to use the new tool that Conan had provided me a few months ago. Great guy, quick shipping, and a quality piece. I could not have asked for a better fit. The tool worked flawlessly, made setting the tension on the belt so much easier.
I think it's sad how people complain about a product that their getting for practically free and how they had to do some grinding or a bit of filling. Honestly they should have taken there problems to pm's rather than make a big stink on the forum. Possibly making people second guess this tool. Especially when he does everything to make it right.
Anyway, if you were hesitant about a purchase because of reading previous posts, don't be this tool works great.
Also conan I just purchased a new tensioner from sdce so it works for the new ones as well as my old one.
Thank agian

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad to hear it made your tension setting easier. Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Back from the dead, sent you a pm about getting one of these
Old 07-20-2014, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

PM sent ^^^
Old 08-07-2014, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Thanks got mine today and love it
Old 04-12-2018, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Still making these or have any laying around? As everyone already know the tool it come with blows
Old 04-12-2018, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

PM sent...

Quick Reply: For the SDCE spring tensioner guys