Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fbody twin turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
This kit was not debuted in this thread... There were other threads, and it was in fact stated in prior threads that the actual price was lower.

They didnt lower the price just because you have sand in your Vag. and started throwing a fit. Just because youre broke doesnt mean the rest of the world is.

Not trying to be a dick, but you sure are in this thread
Then how do you put the price lower in the thread but have the jacked up price on the site?

Broke? How you know what my finances look like. No matter whether I have a million bucks or a nickel I still wouldn't buy that kit. Last time I checked this is a public forum so It doesn't matter my fianancial status to comment on something.

So you would buy a kit for 9 grand that only requires 4 grand in parts? I also don't see Granitelli defending themselves. Proabably because its not their kit. A few people have asked for install pics and have gotten no response at all.

One more thing, if you look at TTi website this kit is for TH400 cars only. That puts out a decent chunk of this board anyway.

Plus its a TTi kit that came out way before Granitelli debuted it
Old 05-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 grand in parts? Regardless weather they truly designed the.kit or not u have to factor.in R&D paying someone to build a one off kit then paying him to build fixtures to make each part for the.kit then ur materials consumables for welding it all etc etc. **** really isnt cheap to do and thats what I do for a living . Not arguing with u just saying
Old 05-09-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GIMPY02
4 grand in parts? Regardless weather they truly designed the.kit or not u have to factor.in R&D paying someone to build a one off kit then paying him to build fixtures to make each part for the.kit then ur materials consumables for welding it all etc etc. **** really isnt cheap to do and thats what I do for a living . Not arguing with u just saying
Yes 4 grand in parts. I listed them all earlier and i gave them 2 grand in stainless piping and fabbing. which totals 6 grand. Kit is 9 grand when you do the so called "add to cart" there is 3 grand in difference.

I also stated that the prices I found were retail prices which I know TTi didn't pay so there is more profit on their end.

How many times do you build fixtures?

Plus this is not a one off kit. This kit is for mass production. Sending your car to them or Shearer fabrication is one off.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

3k profit is not that bad. Do you know how much welder/fabricators get paid? Just the time bending, cutting and welding is quite a bit in labor. And because this is a mass produced kit you have a sales team, customer service, advertising, etc. It all adds up pretty quick making their profit margin a bit less than you might think. Not to mention, the only other option aside from building your own kit it to drop your car off to a reputable shop and leave it with them while they fab a kit for it (which won't be much cheaper), and has turned out bad for a lot of people including those burned by kyturdbo most recently.

All that said, I wouldn't pay 9k for this kit. But I won't bash them for putting it out there either.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Yes 4 grand in parts. I listed them all earlier and i gave them 2 grand in stainless piping and fabbing. which totals 6 grand. Kit is 9 grand when you do the so called "add to cart" there is 3 grand in difference.

I also stated that the prices I found were retail prices which I know TTi didn't pay so there is more profit on their end.

How many times do you build fixtures?

Plus this is not a one off kit. This kit is for mass production. Sending your car to them or Shearer fabrication is one off.

You would be surprised how many times fixtures get changed and how much time is put in them.

It all starts off as a one off kit to get the ball rolling. What you think you can slap a fixture together by looking at the car?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
3k profit is not that bad. Do you know how much welder/fabricators get paid? Just the time bending, cutting and welding is quite a bit in labor. And because this is a mass produced kit you have a sales team, customer service, advertising, etc. It all adds up pretty quick making their profit margin a bit less than you might think. Not to mention, the only other option aside from building your own kit it to drop your car off to a reputable shop and leave it with them while they fab a kit for it (which won't be much cheaper), and has turned out bad for a lot of people including those burned by kyturdbo most recently.

All that said, I wouldn't pay 9k for this kit. But I won't bash them for putting it out there either.
Thank god someone has a good understanding of how this works. I've been building all sorts of parts all the way from gas tanks for nasty Nate to intercoolers for hellion on there mustang kits to custom a2w for guys racing x275 and some custom turbo kits all at my second job. At my primary job I build performance parts for cars I wish I could afford lol Its hard to explain how much time is truly put into what everyone thinks is an easy task or should be cheap.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr Granatelli I feel your pain.
You have brought the dogs a treat and they have snatched you in the pen and are chewing you a new ***.

I built a damn nice kit for these cars and the first thing I got was a swift kick in the *****. You could hang these guys with a new rope and they would complain it was the wrong color. F*cking tittie baby's.

The crazy thing about the whole deal is all of my customers combined didn't have
a LS1Tech post count over 100 and one of them is a 10 year member.

Not saying that guys with high post counts are bad but just a cool fact for what it's worth.

Why in the hell I'm sticking my nose in this mess????? I guess I love the pain.

Last edited by Chris@CBR; 05-10-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are people hating so much!? I think this kit is freakin awesome! Props!!! For making something new for a 10+ year old car!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forums always boggle my mind when it comes to this issue. If you build and work/fab for a living you know the deal. These other jamokes just like to come out of the woodwork and **** all over the place via keyboard.

I appreciate the sponsors this site has. But boy it must be frustrating at times on their end.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Chris im not bashing on anyone. I know what its like from a fabricators stand point of people tearing u apart cuz they think u charhe to much or this or that blah blah blah. Its a shitty situation but u will nevet get away from it.

Quick Reply: Fbody twin turbo kit