Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger surge valve/low boost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
I guess Bob as you know, even with the tune I was working with there was not much boost below 4000, which is where most of the driving is and where I'm logging fuel trims. So I wanted to know from others what their systems ran like so I would know what to expect, and gives me something to do as I have been kept in a holding pattern for the last 3 weeks! So, I have made some changes on my own and when I get this thing tuned I hopfully will be in a good place mechanicaly as well. So, I went for a little drive with the changes made, and feel a difference. LTFT still short of course, no detonation and hopefully a little closer to my goal! Thanks for your help with the other matter, I will let you know how it ends up, Les.
Sounds good, once you start going wide open throttle you'll feel the boost coming in. Thanks Les. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 95-1LE-Z28
I got into an accident in the rain last week and the insurance company decided to total my car. As such, I ended up pulling the trigger on a new roller with the intention of swapping my entire setup. As part of the swap, I've decided to switch from the twin intercoolers to a front mount and also step down to a 3.70 pulley....I just ordered an open race valve from your site...Hopefully the intercooler change and the smaller pulley will yield 3 or 4 additional psi of boost..I'm also going to send my 3600 stall back to RPM and have them re-stall it to 3000.....I'm excited to see how the car responds to the minor changes......
Sounds like a good plan, thanks for the order! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-29-2013, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am having the same problem with my surge valve not wanting to close. As so as i start the car the valve opens. No matter the rpms the valve stay open. I am running the D1-CS but am still having the same problem?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The prochargers butterfly bypass valves are garbage imo. Well worth it to upgrade to a tial or a big redvalve in > 6psi applications.

Quick Reply: Procharger surge valve/low boost?