Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

iat sensor relocation after meth

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default iat sensor relocation after meth

I have a 2010 camaro ls3 with a centrifugal supercharger and a meth kit. I want to relocate the iat from the card style maf to in front of the meth nozzle for tuning reasons. I bought a caspers maf/iat breakout harness. Question is will any iat work for this? Some use a early 90's cyclone/typhoon threaded iat some use a ls1 stlye push in witb a gromet. Do they all read the same.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:49 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

they are all the same sensor, any year GM sensor, get the 17 dollar or whatever typhoon one, cut the wires out of your maf and extend them to the typhoon one, screw it in the intake,

or get one out of a buick or blazer out of the junkyard and just drill and 2part epoxy it into the intake.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm using this one: http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/g...tail-p-62.html

I have it mounted in the intake where the EGR port was, about 2.5ft after the meth/water nozzles. By the time the droplets get to the sensor the meth should be mostly evaporated so you don't get those huge drops in IAT when the fluid hits the sensor directly.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by denmah
they are all the same sensor, any year GM sensor, get the 17 dollar or whatever typhoon one, cut the wires out of your maf and extend them to the typhoon one, screw it in the intake,

or get one out of a buick or blazer out of the junkyard and just drill and 2part epoxy it into the intake.
Yup I do the same thing I have a typhoon iat in my turbo corvette works great . I use the factory truck iat's and hammer them in the top of the truck intake works great also.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You can see where mine is. Used stock iat sensor and grommet. Just drilled hole under size and used wd40 the slide sensor through grommet. Its not going anywhere.

Quick Reply: iat sensor relocation after meth