Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How cheap to hit 8s?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013 | 11:11 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

if you can keep it at 2900# raceweight you will only need about 750whp to run a 9.00. As said a plain S475 will do that (I have done it myself with a cam only 6.0) and you can get a new one for $650
you guys with your $2k fuel systems are off your rocker, you can do a 1000whp E85 setup for less than $1k
IMHO, your best bet is a carb and nitrous, a stock 5.3 will hold 300+hp worth of hose, spray a 175 out of the hole and another 150-200 over 5000rpm Dual plate systems at $500 a piece, super victor, 950 carb
Old 08-16-2013 | 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S10LSa
Ya but your an idiot with an idiot thread imho. If I knew who you were and you tried to line up next to me on a regulation track, I would quickly and simply put your front teeth thru the back of your head for attempting to put my life in danger or any other fool around here that wants to try it. Now if this is goofy ls1 tech fantasy talk then lets be queers and talk about it. But I would put your stupid *** in its spot stupid quick, cause I dont like idiots with no brains that think 150 mph is cool in a **** box. There is a reason why a stupid thread exists only on a place called ls1 tech and not one other forum in the whole world. Lol Id mess u up even if you showed up next to me at the local drive in. Also its funny martin from tick is the only sponser dumb enough to say anything imho. Martin you couldnt spec me a freakin vespa cam. Just dont like you either. Guys like you and ls1 tech and one or two of its sponsers will quickly get the govt against new age hot rodders.

Old 08-16-2013 | 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
I just received a very interesting PM from the guy with the S-10. I don't think he likes me.
Hey Martin, I hope the ****** come few and far between, and just remember the few ****** you will encounter, you just can't make happy, no matter what you do. I know I'm very happy with your service.
Old 08-17-2013 | 10:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Black98s10
Hey Martin, I hope the ****** come few and far between, and just remember the few ****** you will encounter, you just can't make happy, no matter what you do. I know I'm very happy with your service.
I am very lucky that they do come very few and far between. When they do though, it's publicly and normally not very fun to deal with.

Just gets to you sometimes. Posts like yours outweigh those posts 10/1 though!
Old 08-23-2013 | 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by S10LSa
Ya but your an idiot with an idiot thread imho. If I knew who you were and you tried to line up next to me on a regulation track, I would quickly and simply put your front teeth thru the back of your head for attempting to put my life in danger or any other fool around here that wants to try it. Now if this is goofy ls1 tech fantasy talk then lets be queers and talk about it. But I would put your stupid *** in its spot stupid quick, cause I dont like idiots with no brains that think 150 mph is cool in a **** box. There is a reason why a stupid thread exists only on a place called ls1 tech and not one other forum in the whole world. Lol Id mess u up even if you showed up next to me at the local drive in. Also its funny martin from tick is the only sponser dumb enough to say anything imho. Martin you couldnt spec me a freakin vespa cam. Just dont like you either. Guys like you and ls1 tech and one or two of its sponsers will quickly get the govt against new age hot rodders.
well arent you just a badass? shut the **** up newb ****
Old 08-24-2013 | 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish u would line up against me Huckleberry. I like to scrap a little myself.
Old 08-24-2013 | 06:25 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Silver_82's truck

Turbo S10 wild rides, stock 5.3 shortblock - YouTube

8.89 @ 157 stock 5.3 twin turbo - YouTube

turbo 5.3 s-10 - YouTube

As for the fuel system, If you go with a metal tank in an f-body or with the s10, the same metal sending unit can hold 3 walbro's which I think would be good enough with e85 to feed this setup. New Era Perfromance used to sell them for 99 bucks shipped. Here you go.

http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...mart&Itemid=54

Here is the 2 tank setup from Mightymouse. You can add a 3rd pump in there if look closely that aluminum fitting has a 3rd port. Mightymouse added a 3rd pump later when he wanted to go faster.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/15596815-post65.html
Pay close attention the first video OP. 8 seconds is serious business. Make sure there is an experience chassis guy involved and included in your budget.
Old 08-25-2013 | 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSmoken
well arent you just a badass? shut the **** up newb ****
Originally Posted by Wicked69
I wish u would line up against me Huckleberry. I like to scrap a little myself.
He really isn't worth taking the time to type anything back. I was tempted to go through and fix all his grammatical errors after he called me an idiot, but i won't give him the satisfaction.

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Pay close attention the first video OP. 8 seconds is serious business. Make sure there is an experience chassis guy involved and included in your budget.
If this actually goes down i would have a friend, who is a chassis guy, go over the whole thing.

With all of the budget builds going around, i really just wanted to see what people could come up with. Definitely some efficient setups thrown out there so far.
Old 08-25-2013 | 09:24 AM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by F110Mech
If this actually goes down i would have a friend, who is a chassis guy, go over the whole thing.

With all of the budget builds going around, i really just wanted to see what people could come up with. Definitely some efficient setups thrown out there so far.
There is one person here on Tech who actually has succeeded on this level for low budget it is Denmah. Check out his builds.
Old 08-25-2013 | 08:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wicked69
i wish u would line up against me huckleberry. I like to scrap a little myself.
lol!!!
Old 08-25-2013 | 09:49 PM
9 Second Club

Can it be done? Maybe. ($5k)
Would it be something I'd want to drive considering you'd have to cut corners to do it? Not a chance.
Shop for a lot of used parts. Don't cheap out on safety when this timebomb lets go.

It's been proven that a stock bottom 5.3/6.0 can go 8's BUT there is a lot more parts that make the car run an 8 second 1/4. Chassis/Suspension setups are not cheap by any means especially if you're doing it on a 275 radial. Cut corners where you can but I wouldnt try a $5k budget to prove a point if you're risking your life to do it.

Last edited by shawnc16; 08-25-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2013 | 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by speedtigger
There is one person here on Tech who actually has succeeded on this level for low budget it is Denmah. Check out his builds.
I've only seen a couple of his builds, he has a ton of awesome info for going fast CHEAP, but has he done anything close to 8's? I love his truck, thought about doing the same thing to my Denali.

Quick Reply: How cheap to hit 8s?