Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How much rwhp on premium gas, turbo, lq4?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
ok cool, ive been thinkin about going E85 but theres only one station in our area with it and they keep changing owners so my luck ill convert over and then they'll take the E85 away lol

as soon as i get my clutch situation taken care of my car will be on the road and seeing how this goes, was driving it around for 2 days but clutch was contaminated : \ engine ran damn good though lol
Right now I live in a suburb of Wichita, KS, where they have about 4 stations (hopefully more in the future), and I have to drive about 15 minutes to get to the closest station. It's not bad, and I'm moving into the city here in the next couple months so it should get quite easier to obtain E85, but I'm still interested in being able to convert back, as I'd like to take this car out of town occasionally and E85 stations on the road are even more rare.

I have been looking into the feasibility of running a flex fuel system, which "should" / "might" take care of some of the variables.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

12* timing here 93 octane, 50/50 over 14psi. , 1000 miles of 12-16psi mostly. All still OK

LQ9/11.5 AFR/LS6 cam - otherwise stock.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on an lq9 thats pretty impressive, friend and i where thinking if i went e85 to buy another pcm off ebay for $100-150 and have one tuned for 93 and other tuned for E85 and then just right with a sharpie which is which, that way all you have to do fill up with what ever the desired fuel is, or plug in your 93 one is before a road trip then justi unplug neg on batt, swap pcms and good to go. could also just have two tunes saved and reflash each time you wanted to switch but
Old 04-29-2015, 10:01 AM
8 Second Club

Received 731 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanleiker
Right now I live in a suburb of Wichita, KS, where they have about 4 stations (hopefully more in the future), and I have to drive about 15 minutes to get to the closest station. It's not bad, and I'm moving into the city here in the next couple months so it should get quite easier to obtain E85, but I'm still interested in being able to convert back, as I'd like to take this car out of town occasionally and E85 stations on the road are even more rare.

I have been looking into the feasibility of running a flex fuel system, which "should" / "might" take care of some of the variables.
Once you get "in town" we have a few blender pumps. E30 or E50 is a good alternative. Has plenty of octane for your needs and it's not near as demanding fuel system wise. you also don't have the "goo" issues we get with higher ethanol percentages around here.

The mega squirt ECU's are cheap and have the flex-fuel sensor option. It automatically measures the ethanol percent and adjusts your tune. It's pretty slick and very easy to setup.

Quick Reply: How much rwhp on premium gas, turbo, lq4?