Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

6 speed turbo guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
never noticed it.

between cracking the throttle like i always did and maybe not pushing the pedal allll the way down till it clicked the switch, trying to shift quick in general, and the revs being so far over the 2 step rpm.

of those things combined it was a non-issue.
Ok man thanks. Getting Martin's old 2 step this weekend and putting it on mine and was just wondering about that. Didn't mean to invade your thread op with my own personal questions. Thanks David for the info.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
it doesnt, ive had mine setup on the bottom clutch switch for years. clutch in = active, clutch out = not. always, everytime the car is running for probably 8k miles

the only time youll notice the 2 step engaging is if youre heavy on the throttle and on the clutch at the same time. the only two times that occurs is launching and power shifting and if your taking so long to power shift that the two step engages, youre doing it wrong. even casual high rpm shifting, youre gonna lift off the gas as you depress the clutch and reverse procedure as you engage the next gear, the spark cut has no effect if your lifting off the throttle or the rpms are falling anyways

heres an older vid, 2step was probably in the 5k range. i dont power shift in the vid, occasionally i do, but as you can see no effect on shifts as all

10.45 @ 133 In Car 12/03/11 - YouTube
Well looks like it works so I guess ill be hooking mine up this way lol.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
it doesnt, ive had mine setup on the bottom clutch switch for years. clutch in = active, clutch out = not. always, everytime the car is running for probably 8k miles

the only time youll notice the 2 step engaging is if youre heavy on the throttle and on the clutch at the same time. the only two times that occurs is launching and power shifting and if your taking so long to power shift that the two step engages, youre doing it wrong. even casual high rpm shifting, youre gonna lift off the gas as you depress the clutch and reverse procedure as you engage the next gear, the spark cut has no effect if your lifting off the throttle or the rpms are falling anyways

heres an older vid, 2step was probably in the 5k range. i dont power shift in the vid, occasionally i do, but as you can see no effect on shifts as all
This is how my buddy(H/C car) and I both just hooked our up.

Apparently he down shifted on the highway and the backfire was so violent the backfire broke the e-cutout in his Adj. Borla catback.

Also. I have me car back together and I may be at the track friday.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:53 AM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Add a second relay from the line lock button to power the 2step. This will prevent the 2step from activating anytime other than on starting line
Old 10-17-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 137 Likes on 66 Posts

Doesnt surprise me. I lost a bunch of screws on my driver side headlight cover since i put the 2step on. My whole hood and lights shake pretty violently when the 2step starts backfiring.

Quick Reply: 6 speed turbo guys