Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin 6465 92 Camaro Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin 6465 92 Camaro Build Thread

Here is the story! Build pics to come! My first turbo build was slopped together because i had the attitude of "who cares as long as it works" well that went away after showing the car to several older car guys that asked why didnt i just take my time. The first set up was a tc78 turbonetics on a turbo cammed ls1 and e85, it had stock suspension, stock rear, stock everything for the most part. It ran really well but i kept going through the 4l60e's. I finally decided to say screw it and build a 4l80e for it while in the midst of getting new rear end and rear suspension. I got the 4l80e cross member fabbed up, rear end and suspension done then it was time for the maiden voyage. The trans worked but poorly and i had all kinds of issues. I did figure out all three issues which 1 of them was totally my fault. One day i was so fed up with things not working i said screw it and ordered a new holley dominator efi system to control everything along with all the goodies. Then i decided to sell everything and make a new set up that i would be more proud to show off. Then it snowballed out of control! So I figured with this being my second turbo build and i have people asking me all the time if i have a build thread that it would probably be a good time to do one since my car is completely torn apart. So i figured for today that i would start this off with a list of what i have and what my plans are.

Computer: Holley Dominator EFI, with 5.7" touch screen
Injectors: Holley 160#
Fuel pumps: twin walbro 450s intank
Engine: GenIV 6.0 with custom spec turbo cam, edelbrock pro flo intake
Turbos: 2- Billet 6465 turbonetics which will be intercooled
Trans: Built 4l80e with a billet triple disk circle d converter
Drive shaft: PST 3" chromoly
K-member: PA racing chromoly with matching a-arms, caster/camber plate
Front suspension: Double adjustable coil-over strange struts
Rear Suspension:Afco double adjustable coil-over, double adjustable chromoly lcas and panhard.
Brakes: Stange manual 1.032 m/c with ls1 brakes on all 4.
Steering: PA racing rack and pinion kit

The list goes on and on. Ill try to post some pics up on thursday.
My end goal is 4 digits with the boost turned up and i would really like to see a high 8 second pass once i have a forged motor.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I already like where this is going!

I was in your same boat man, 2012 when i built my red mustang, it was cobbled together, and i was not proud of it all, it ran fine, but it was very unpleasant for me and quite frankly, embarrassing to pop the hood.

Its pretty much the reason i built the new car, same Dominator and all lol. Its nice to sit back with a cold one and stare at the car and not find TOO MANY things that id like to redo or make nicer. There are some, but that is with any build i think.

Best of luck, im in for pics!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Sounds like you're on the correct path now. Keep your build quality as high as possible, the devil is in the details.

The Dominator EFI was your best choice so far. I'm glad I went that same way.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Jax04 i texted you a few weeks ago about that guy you knew on the pro flo! Im getting pretty excited about getting everything started, im still waiting to hear back on the motor i have been playing phone tag with a guy for a few weeks. It just sucks how much money it all is. Im 24 and married so its not like i am deep into any career or anything. Im just a man trying to build a car! I know it wont be the baddest car on the street but i think ill be really happy with it!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Same boat as well. Built first turbo setup from a stock car in 3 months then made awesome power with it and had great luck as well. But after taking a second look I told myself I wanted to do it again but take my time and make it over the top but still on average man dollars. Sold everything that was still good on the car and used money to buy turbos, intake, rear, cage, etc.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by fbodyman50
Jax04 i texted you a few weeks ago about that guy you knew on the pro flo! Im getting pretty excited about getting everything started, im still waiting to hear back on the motor i have been playing phone tag with a guy for a few weeks. It just sucks how much money it all is. Im 24 and married so its not like i am deep into any career or anything. Im just a man trying to build a car! I know it wont be the baddest car on the street but i think ill be really happy with it!

I will return the message lol. That might also explain why this build sounded so familiar lol
Old 07-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Just a quick update.. im still waiting on a few parts so that i can get the car back on the ground and get it rolled outside to get the engine bay powerwashed and cleaned up. Im still waiting on the 6.0. I did hear from the guy over the weekend while i was out of town so im hoping i can get it picked up this week. I do have the passenger side suspension cleaned up and bolted in for the most part. Should have some time on thursday to get the driver side done. I have almost all of my parts in. I cant decide if i should go with solid motor mounts or just keep the poly's?
Old 07-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Teching In

I was out of town for the 4th and had a ton of yard work to do last thursday so i could not get the pics uploaded sorry fellas
Old 09-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Teching In

I have been really bad about updating this and uploading pictures. I am currently working on the cage and its coming along really well. Its definitely a lot of work to make sure things fit nice. Really wish my car was a hard top. Once the cage is done ill have a ton of work left to do that I can finally get going on.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

get a photobucket and post pictures right from your phone
Old 09-23-2014, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Hell just keep sending me pics, want me to post the ones you've sent me already?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Teching In

I cant even see them on my work computer!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fbodyman50
I cant even see them on my work computer!!!
can you click on the link?
or does you computer block photobucket?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Photo bucket is blocked
Old 09-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Im supposed to be teaching my class right now anyways. They were working on their assignment so I jumped on here for a little bit.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in for updates on this as well!

Jay
Old 09-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Teching In

How do you subscribe to a thread. Oh well ill just leave this here to be able to find it. Im the one who was talking to you about the manifolds on the FB page.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:57 AM
Teching In

I got my new CRP fab 9" rear in!!! This thing is absolutely beautiful!!! I can not wait to try it out! I am going to be ordering a bunch of things next week. I have been really bad about uploading pics so im sorry! My computers memory is full. Ill see what i can get figured out here before to long.

Quick Reply: Twin 6465 92 Camaro Build Thread