Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

new to boost twin turbo el camino

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to boost twin turbo el camino

hello im new to boost and have a few questions and would like opinions on wastegates, blowoff, injectors, cam, im doing this on a budget and all the work will be done by my dad and myself
so plans are
1966 el camino 10 point cage 12 bolt 350 rear gear(current cam, carb ls1)
ls1 5.7 stock short block, 317 heads, ebay head studs, (thinking about a martin @tick cam) pro flo intake
flipped truck manifolds or was thinking see if I can make a set of f-body mid lengths work(I already have them)
powerglide, bradco 3800-4000 converter
dual walbro 255 fuel pumps into a single -10 line with -6 return?
stand alone harness 0411 ecu being tuned by myself with hp tuners

now for the turbos I got these for a smoking deal and was told they should support 1000hp(im shooting for 750-800hp) the are both garrett internals but one of the housings is a off brand heres some specs on them let me know what you guys think about this set up..

Never even been "mocked up" or anything. fresh built units. One has a Garrett housing and the other is a "no name" housing. I pulled BOTH compressor housings off and measured both inducer wheels. Stats are exactly the same internally. Inducer wheels: 76mm base X 58 mm at air inlet
Removed both exhaust housings and measured BOTH exducer wheels. identical measurements there too. 74mm X 58mm.

Again, Internally identical though exterior housings are alittle different. exh a/r on both is .84. comopressor a/r's are .5 on the Garrett housing and .6 on the no name.. They have custom made stainless bolt-on downpipe tubes.. -4 oil supply fittings and amply sized custom made -10 bolt on oil return fittings

ive attached a couple pics of the car and turbos. the car is currently still running mid 11s on motor and getting ready to spray it into the 10s.I have a ls1 long block on the stand so I can keep driving it while I get all the turbo stuff ready
thanks in advance Justin
Attached Thumbnails new to boost twin turbo el camino-elco1.jpg   new to boost twin turbo el camino-elco2.jpg   new to boost twin turbo el camino-elco3.jpg   new to boost twin turbo el camino-turbos.jpg   new to boost twin turbo el camino-turbos5.jpg  

Old 07-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Nothing at all?
Old 07-21-2014, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

I'm sure someone will pipe in on those turbos.

Stoked to see another El Camino build!
Old 07-21-2014, 06:01 PM
TECH Veteran

love it! But plz for the love of god, use a photo hosting site like Photobucket or something lol.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:24 AM
Teching In

bump trying to see if ill be wasting my time with the turbos or not some input would be nice
Old 08-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Twin 58s on a 5.7L sounds like a fast spooling fun setup. Run what you got ! you can always upgrade later. T4 flange turbos right ?
Old 08-15-2014, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one can help this guy out? I cant really offer you any advice, but i hav been thinking about twin turboing an lq4 in my 66 chevelle as well, so im curious to see how your gonna make it all fit! Good luck!

Quick Reply: new to boost twin turbo el camino