Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lets see you make 597rwhp in 8000ft of air
Old 06-07-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

5 liter eater- No big hub bub, I didn't have any slip with the stock ati set up and a 3.4 either, it wasn't until I pushed it past 9psi, even then I would still have some dust on the stand offs then and had to use a nice coating of belt dressing too.
Yeah his 596 turns out to be 484 up here. Come up here and and we will compare rides at the track. I don't have the luxury of my own personal Don Kinder at my disposal for tuning/assembly either. I don't have any "special tuning" either.
With 596 HP you should be running low 10's, post up some slips.
J
Old 06-08-2004, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or try and put a smaller pulley on that stock ATI setup
Old 06-08-2004, 07:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by frcefed98
5 liter eater- No big hub bub, I didn't have any slip with the stock ati set up and a 3.4 either, it wasn't until I pushed it past 9psi, even then I would still have some dust on the stand offs then and had to use a nice coating of belt dressing too.
Yeah his 596 turns out to be 484 up here. Come up here and and we will compare rides at the track. I don't have the luxury of my own personal Don Kinder at my disposal for tuning/assembly either. I don't have any "special tuning" either.
With 596 HP you should be running low 10's, post up some slips.
J
Easy bro...I wasnt knocking you, why you gotta bring Don into it? I have gone 11.5 at 126 with me driving...thats 1.9 60' Sorry the car can go ten as it has gone 11.5 on street tires. I however havent got the driving part down just yet. So am I to expect some possible issues cause I would like to get a 10 psi pulley real soon? I dont like hearing this. The special tune comment was nothing more then saying "Other then the norm the tuners do" Before you call me out or talk **** to me, meet me first ok. I was simply asking for the sake of Im worried about trying for 10lbs. And as for racing, sure get rid of your gayomatic first and race me with a 6 speed. I drive the car

Last edited by 5-liter-eater; 06-08-2004 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5-liter-eater
. And as for racing, sure get rid of your gayomatic first and race me with a 6 speed. I drive the car
Most real race cars HAVE Auto's..... and if they are a manual they dont have a clutch........ Most races ive seen mod for mod autos win..... its all about getting out of the hole man......
Old 06-08-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Most real race cars HAVE Auto's..... and if they are a manual they dont have a clutch........ Most races ive seen mod for mod autos win..... its all about getting out of the hole man......
Ya I know, I was just joking with him, I just got crushed by a similiar setup to mine except he has and auto and was cutting 1.4 60's
Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA

Yea Kyle but most real men drive 6 speeds muuuuuhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahha lol j/k bro had to rib on ya this morning, auto's are very good for drag racing the manual is a lot more fun but not consistant and the 4l60 just sucks azz for drag racing IMO. Sorry for jacking the thread Forcfed.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

So what did it make uncorrected at our altitude Jeremy? I'm guessing right around 400rwhp. It should be making over 500rwhp if you ask me. maybe the converter is to loose.

Anthony's cobra made 570rwhp here. We put a C4 init with a big stall and the hp droped down to 400rwhp. You might be having the same problem.

Neal
Old 06-08-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

5 Liter, no harm meant, was all bench racing speak. I wish I could bring Don into it. Man it would be awesome to have a local to tune our rides. 6 speed, man that's too much work. I have a hard enough time leaving when the light turns green lol.
But still I went 11.36@120 up here on the stock LS1 block and a B1 cam with me driving Gotta beat that first.

Neal, hey there dude. Man Anthony's car took a major hit, but I bet it hauls some major *** now. My problem is the car is getting way too much fuel at the hit. NoGo sent me another file already. He also took some timing out cause I was seeing some KR on top, but left the fuel as I have a 3.4 pulley in the mail already More boost for me and if that doesn't do it buddy, it will be time to fill the ol TNT bottle to get those damn numbers
I still wouldn't rule out my tranny being part of the problem though.
Call me later
J
Old 06-08-2004, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Jer, pully gonna be here by the end of the week? Oh, and you should just take your bottle out and we'll use mine if you need it friday.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sup Josh Glad to see you register here on LS1tech First I couldn't figure out who you were duh! lol. Wendy said the 3.4 will be here before friday so that is awesome. I still need to get the new file loaded into her first so hopefully friday will be go time. Are you going to help me mess with this new LM-1 wideband?
J
Old 06-09-2004, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Sup Josh Glad to see you register here on LS1tech First I couldn't figure out who you were duh! lol. Wendy said the 3.4 will be here before friday so that is awesome. I still need to get the new file loaded into her first so hopefully friday will be go time. Are you going to help me mess with this new LM-1 wideband?
J
Jeremy,
How does NOGO program your car? What software do they use?
Old 06-09-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

He uses LS1edit(www.carputing.com) to edit the changes to my car and sends them to me via email. I then I have a local place upload the file into my car with their LS1edit.

There is also HPTUNERS> (www.hptuners.com) Which is a better buy for your buck as it has a scanner and full support from Magnus here on the board. They also have a forum to post up any questions you might have on the website I listed above. I will be getting HPtuners once I am ready to start tuning on my own car.

J
Old 06-09-2004, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

He uses LS1edit(www.carputing.com) to edit the changes to my car and sends them to me via email. I then I have a local place upload the file into my car with their LS1edit.

There is also HPTUNERS> (www.hptuners.com) Which is a better buy for your buck as it has a scanner and full support from Magnus here on the board. They also have a forum to post up any questions you might have on the website I listed above. I will be getting HPtuners once I am ready to start tuning on my own car.

J
I see...Scott was wondering how you uploaded his file. Makes sense now! Thanks!
Old 06-09-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5-liter-eater
And as for racing, sure get rid of your gayomatic first and race me with a 6 speed. I drive the car
Hey, shut your pie hole and learn how to drive

Just do what this little guy is doing