Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Microsquirt LSx Firmware - Tunerstudio Setup Tutorial Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Cool Microsquirt LSx Firmware - Tunerstudio Setup Tutorial Video

I have had several guys contact me with Microsquirt systems that cant get them to work. So I made up a rather in-depth video showing how to go from A-Z. It shows how to find the latest firmware and load it. Then how to check the USB COMM port settings to ensure Microsquirt and your PC are talking. Then how to start a new project, load all the basic settings from each of the necessary menu items for fuel and spark. Then how to adjust idle fuel and timing. Lastly it shows how to use the Autotune feature and adjust the VE fuel table.

Here goes -- Enjoy !

Here are a few of my comments from my other post. The micro allows you to tweak anything in the file with free software. No expensive interface or credits to buy. It however does not run a 60 or 80e trans like a factory PCM. Nor the factory idle air control (IAC) valve. It will run a ford fast idle solenoid to raise idle based upon engine temps by blocking off the factory IAC and connecting the Ford FIDLE to an intake vacuum port. Boosted tuning is much easier too and it allows adjustments while the engine is running. There are other minor differences, advantages and limitations.

Far as building a harness, used factory harness are cheap, but you can modify them saving you $$$. Some cheaper aftermarket harnesses don't include a check engine lamp, obd2 port or fan relays. They just come with labeled loose wires for you to connect to a dash lamp or buy your own fan relays. Used harnesses MAY have brittle wires, broken connectors or bad repairs done to them. I have a stockpile of clean used harnesses I modify and have hundreds of spare quality connectors for repairs. Lastly, I can change exactly where I want the PCM and how long I want each connector for the sensors etc.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Good video. Thanks
Old 03-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! Great Video. This helps out alot!

Quick Reply: Microsquirt LSx Firmware - Tunerstudio Setup Tutorial Video