Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Holley boost control-co2 or compressor air?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 10:19 AM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
I'd buy an autometer. The Holley is cheap China **** too.
Did China invade Janesville, WI? My Holley sensor is stamped SSI Technologies and it appears to be their P51 Mediasensor branded for Holley requirements. I've been using them for oil pressure and fuel pressure for almost two years without issue.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:22 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Did China invade Janesville, WI? My Holley sensor is stamped SSI Technologies and it appears to be their P51 Mediasensor branded for Holley requirements. I've been using them for oil pressure and fuel pressure for almost two years without issue.
Yup. Almost everything Holley makes is made in China these days
Old 01-15-2017, 09:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the part number or search terms for the Ebay transducer? Is this the dome pressure sensor?
Old 01-15-2017, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 750 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
C02 all the way. I loved my setup. I had the bottle in the car for almost a year without having to refill.
I dont understand the terms of a "year" in this equation. I ve been trying to decide this same very subject for my build n set up. And alot of my research has led me to the same readings...co2 lasting this long or that long. What does a year equate to in miles? Or track outings? Etc. I feel these would be better answers and more understandable. I have a brand new gsxr750 from 2015, with only 500 miles on it. My zx14r was 3yrs old with only 900 miles on. Suffice it to say, i really dont ride much anymore due to the baby n work. I ve got 2 friends with street/strip cars, who ve made 3 passes in last 5-7yrs and wonder why they go to start the car up n boom, sumthings wrong...lol, "but it ran fine last time". Im an hvac mechanic n often love when home owners tell me that...."it was working fine, right before it brokedown".

Anyways,...care to ellaborate on what a "year" in your car equates to? X miles, spirited driving, street racing every sat night, weekend cruises with the family, etc? Itd help me better understand co2 vs. On board air vs. Turbo housing pressure source.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Heres the ebay transducer I've used with no issues

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pressure-tra...5WU8Cs&vxp=mtr
Old 01-17-2017, 06:14 AM
Staging Lane

I use a Viair compressor to supply my holley boost controller setup. I have it regulated down to 60 psi and run my car on the street all the time. No issues with it supplying air. Now as for tuning the PID in the system im working on that part...
Old 01-17-2017, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those using C02 bottles, weigh them before filling them. (without the regulator on them)

That way you know how much you're using per pass, and know how much you have before you're empty and can plan accordingly to have it filled.

And the freeze and filling method works very good also. We freeze at least one container C02 Bottle and use a mother bottle that we keep in the RV to fill it. You don't have to rely on others to get it filled or anything.

Just words for the wise.

Quick Reply: Holley boost control-co2 or compressor air?