Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What lifters for 25#'s of boost in an LT1? LS7's okay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You likely won't see hard data as inside cylinder pressure is OE type information for cost reasons. Your thinking is logical in the intake and exhaust, but your not thinking about the power stroke in your high power boosted engine. Once you start making higher power with turbo engines you will see they like early exhaust valve timing. This puts you in high pressure area where blow down will help clear cylinder, it is very helpful in engines where back pressure is raised. This type of engine will load the exhaust rocker, pushrod and lifter extremely high. It shows up in deflecting pushrods first in my experience, but broken lifter cups are also in my broken parts bin!

Kurt
Old 08-31-2016, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. Makes sense to me. Im absolutely new to boost and what effects it has. So its good to know as much as possible.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I always question everything I see until I understand the science also, it helps with mechanical things for me. The science of whats happening is the best part, it dictates where gains can be found. You can sometimes bend science a little, but you can't break it's laws!

Kurt

Quick Reply: What lifters for 25#'s of boost in an LT1? LS7's okay?