Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Attn: e-Boost users.. I have questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Attn: e-Boost users.. I have questions

1. Cost?
2. It claims to be able to set the amount of boost based on gear selection so you can have lower boost in the low gears for traction then bump it up in the higher gears. How does it know what gear your in?
3. How do you like it? Recommend to others?
Old 06-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Turbo Addict

MIGHTYMOUSE has one and has had great luck with it. I have seen them from $430-$500. For the gear selection i think you have to install momentary switches or something similar on the shifter so you can activate each gear setting.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

ya it has ouputs that you connect to ground to activate setting #2 and 3, so switches would have to be mounted to the shifter.. a bracket i am too lazy to work on at the moment.

only thing i dont like about mine is the red led is hard to see during the daytime, not that i look at it a lot anyways.. i just check the peak number after each run.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackbird
1. Cost?
2. It claims to be able to set the amount of boost based on gear selection so you can have lower boost in the low gears for traction then bump it up in the higher gears. How does it know what gear your in?
3. How do you like it? Recommend to others?

The dude who dynode my rig said he liked the e-boost very much, once he learned how to use it. He showed me on the dyno boost graph how it hits the desired boost rock steady and holds it solid to redline. Mine is in the change holder, so I can glance at it for a second but when the boost hit’s I’m too busy watching the road. (fly by!)
Don’t you need different tuning for each different boost level, or do you tune for the highest boost level, and set the other 2 settings lower?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/boost_c...electronic.htm

instructions:http://www.turbosmart.com.au/pdf/FG-EBOOST-40-60.pdf

ground the green wire to get set point two
ground the orange wire to get set point three

i run dfi so my boost amount determines my timing curve and my a/f ratio.

i have my gate pressures at 6psi, my obs at 20, and my sensitivity at 25.
set point one is at 40 which gives about 14.5 psi, 2 is at 50 which is just over 16 psi, and set point three is nearly 19 psi

i've only raced on set point one so far, have dynoed on set point two, and only hit it a couple times so far on 3.

edit: you can of course toggle to any set point you want at any time by hitting the up/down arrows on the controller face.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:20 AM
Teching In

[i run dfi so my boost amount determines my timing curve and my a/f ratio.

-NICE-
Old 06-28-2004, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey MIGHTYMOUSE... I was at the Jim McKay show yesterday, saw your car.... DAAAAMN, i spent the majority of my time there looking at your car and dyno sheets Awesome setup man, I'm really jealous. Not sure if you're from around here (Fairfax, VA) but I am lookin for a dependable/reliable shop for dynos/installations since the shop I used to go to closed down was wondering if you had any suggestions.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

i guess we didnt get to meet, sorry i was right around there the whole day. thanks for the compliments. i got a little plaque, third place in the chevy powered non-chevy category put me in with custom hot rods that had chevy engines.
i'm in richmond and there is a place close to me where i dyno (mustang shop) who has a nice set up, but i wouldnt count on them to offer any ls1 tuning or installations. for that i would look to the efa group if you havent heard of them go to http://www.fbodycentral.com/forum/ their place can do a lot of good work. i have been to a place closer to you called woodbridge dynojet.. i think the guy that owned the dyno still runs it but it got moved somewhere else.. not sure but they could tell you on efa.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, when I searched for Dyno's the Woodbridge one came up, that's pretty close to me, just didn't know if it was respectable or not. Congrat's on the plaque tho... you weren't by chance in the category with the BAD A$$ 509ci camaro with blower and nitrous were you?

Quick Reply: Attn: e-Boost users.. I have questions