Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Questions about a Procharger on a C5

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about a Procharger on a C5

Would someone familiar with the Procharger installation on a C5 please answer this questions for me, I can’t seem to find the answers anywhere.

1. How do I get to the air filter element to clean it since it is in the radiator shroud? Do I get to it from the bottom? or do I need to remove the Supercharger head? That would seem like a lot of work for just cleaning the filter, What would be the easiest way?
2. How do I get to the magnetized plug at the bottom of the unit to change the oil? Changing the oil with the “syringe” does not, in my opinion remove all the impurities at the bottom of the unit, Am I correct in that assumption?
3. Would cutting an opening under the side coolers improve the performance/power any to be worth the trouble?

Thank you for your anticipated answers.

George
Old 06-28-2004, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by GT30
Would someone familiar with the Procharger installation on a C5 please answer this questions for me, I can’t seem to find the answers anywhere.

1. How do I get to the air filter element to clean it since it is in the radiator shroud? Do I get to it from the bottom? or do I need to remove the Supercharger head? That would seem like a lot of work for just cleaning the filter, What would be the easiest way?
2. How do I get to the magnetized plug at the bottom of the unit to change the oil? Changing the oil with the “syringe” does not, in my opinion remove all the impurities at the bottom of the unit, Am I correct in that assumption?
3. Would cutting an opening under the side coolers improve the performance/power any to be worth the trouble?

Thank you for your anticipated answers.

George

Answer to question #1.
Get rid of the POS ATI single fan with air element sucking hot air from behind the rad. It sucks. I was there over 2 years ago. Since that time it is common to simply lower the rad, and retain the stock fans and also allows for cold air intake into the blower inlet. Andy from A&A Corvette's has the best system you need his setup otherwise you will have nothing but problems.

Answer to question #2
You simply remove the blower it takes 20 mins to do. That way you can get to the plug on the bottom. It is very easy, take off the belt, intake/outlet tubing, and 4 bolts that hold the blower in place and remove it from the bracket. You can set the blower up on a bench and drain the oil and clean the plug. Its not hard at all.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

might do better on corvette forums, not too many vette owners in here it seems.

ed
firebird455@onebox.com
Old 06-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Thank you guys.
GT

Quick Reply: Questions about a Procharger on a C5