Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:15 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

This is sounding like a better deal all the time as a cheap alternative to Holley, especially if you want to use a stock intake and TB. I already have the Dominator system on one car and hoping to find a decent alternative for my next build.
It's nice that it comes with a hand held tuner, but does it also come with software to plug into a laptop as well?
Old 01-12-2017, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratical
This is sounding like a better deal all the time as a cheap alternative to Holley, especially if you want to use a stock intake and TB. I already have the Dominator system on one car and hoping to find a decent alternative for my next build.
It's nice that it comes with a hand held tuner, but does it also come with software to plug into a laptop as well?
I asked the question about if all the kits would come with the software for a laptop on the Fitech Q&A FAQ page and this is the answer I got from one of their tech guys, "At this time I don’t have final answers on this. I know PC software tuning is possible with all systems. If we go with the same method as with the throttle body EFI only the 750 hp kits with trans control will come with the software."

I replied to his answer asking if the software could be purchased separately, waiting to hear back on that.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:37 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sube
I asked the question about if all the kits would come with the software for a laptop on the Fitech Q&A FAQ page and this is the answer I got from one of their tech guys, "At this time I don’t have final answers on this. I know PC software tuning is possible with all systems. If we go with the same method as with the throttle body EFI only the 750 hp kits with trans control will come with the software."

I replied to his answer asking if the software could be purchased separately, waiting to hear back on that.
Thank you for the info. It's interesting how he says all systems CAN be tuned with a PC, but only the high end TB kit with trans control currently comes with the software. Why wouldn't they just offer the software with all their kits even if it's an online download? Seems kind of petty to me.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone get more data on this setup? Seems like a killer deal for the $
Old 05-27-2017, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Default 1st LS Ultimate 750HP Kit; Purchased and Received

My first post. As subject matter describes, I purchased the first #70013 Kit from Jegs last Thurs... I received it 1.5 days later - out of box 10min after I saw box on porch - two hours later the Intake Manifold had all sensors, throttle body, Inj / Fuel Rail Etc. I weighed each Component because other may care to know such details.

This would be the very first time I've allowed myself to be an early adopter of new Tech of any kind.

The kit is already sitting on engine along with full wiring harness laying where necessary to get to the Plug part of the Play!

Fresh LS2-based bottom end.
Fresh LS3/based heads.
Pat G custom cam
Etc

BMW road race chassis, Full new build
Attached Thumbnails Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3403.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3400.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3404.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3359.jpg  
Old 05-27-2017, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Default Additional #70013 FiTech Kit Pics

Two issues annotated thus far.
1. The 750HP kit comes with dual O2 sensors. The main harness appears generic as my kit did not include Two pigtails that would apparently extend from main harness trans plugs (Qty: 2 plugs) to control an automatic trans. Being my kit is for manual trans, no provision was supplied for me to 'use' the two trans plugs that will remain idle in place. Now, as for O2 issue. Similar to Trans plugs on main harness, there is also a plug on passenger side of harness which has what appears to be the passenger side 02 wires. There must be a missing cable that would mate to that plug and extend much longer towards pass side bung position - and this harness extension for the Pass side 02 would then end with a proper mating plug to the 02 sensor. I'll seek to remedy that issue via phone this coming Tuesday.
2. Second issue is the L-bracket length which holds down fuel rail to Manifold once the injectors are placed. Uhm, the problem is = the bracket only 'fits' due to it's designed size if the injectors are not in the rail!!! With Injectors properly installed, the L-brackets are nearly 1" too short... that's a solvable oops - but an oops nonetheless.
Attached Thumbnails Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3349.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3353.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3383.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3372.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3352.jpg  

Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3362.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3368.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3390.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3389.jpg  
Old 05-28-2017, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was ready to go bat witba 70050 unit. But have been seeing alot of people having problems with the older units. I mean if the older stuff is having issues. What can be expected from these new releases? Seems like there customer/tech help isnt the greatest either
Old 05-28-2017, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NemeSS
I was ready to go bat witba 70050 unit. But have been seeing alot of people having problems with the older units. I mean if the older stuff is having issues. What can be expected from these new releases? Seems like there customer/tech help isnt the greatest either
I researched - and researched and found same 'concerns' that you state... ��

Fitech is playing in big leagues where real money can be made, Surely. I've shaken my head left and right soooo many times in past 2-4mo while weighing all that is out there for us to Make LS motors live/go/fast/work... and even had a less-than-satisfying conversation with a FiTech guy, Cody perhaps... I had to let that one slide and just make a buying decision and then live through the 'fun' of it all...

I do hope enough kits are purchased and things evolve proactively and productively - I need a few weeks to finish Fuel run / buy battery / break-in oil / machine my ATI hub because it doesn't fit as they said it would (snout is too long).

Anyway - it's either ~$1800 well spent for me - or I took one for the team

����✍����✌️��������
Old 05-29-2017, 06:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Interesting, I had posted to see if anyone had tried one of the kits.
I was interested in the $995 LS1 kit, I gathered you could use it on like a pullout engine with auto trans control, using stock intake, etc, a cheap way as opposed to using the Holley Dom., but just not enough info out there yet.
The 70051 harness is what I was looking at.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

I've scoured my harness and it appears in fact 4 wires hooked up properly (2 pwr, 2 gnd) makes a vehicle ready to run with everything else plugged in, etc. Yes, if/when this kit works as a user should expect, the Value Proposition of this kit really is high.

I'll say the blk loom mesh 'protecting' the wires is the least expensive material I've seen for this kind of use - once loosely routed, I've already busted out the blk electrical tape to repair and reinforce some junctions where wires break out across harness. Nothing offensively bad, so don't let that deter anyone... just another observance thus far on my part.

I'll get more / different pics of certain aspects of all items in the kit and will continue to share ������
Old 05-29-2017, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

subscribed, definitely keep us posted! I've been doing countless hours of reading different threads and reviews and couldn't find someone who has purchased the ultimate ls kit. I think I'm going to try the 70051 standalone kit for my 5.3 swap.. Hope it's as good they say it is!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Do these systems offer programmable i/o's? Pretty important for us FI guys.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by 69-chvl
Do these systems offer programmable i/o's? Pretty important for us FI guys.
from all the literature i've read, no. you'd still need a boost controller and separate data logger for fuel pressure, drive pressure or whatever. also no 2 step or traction control
Old 05-29-2017, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

This #70013 kit includes 3bar Map Sensor and dual wideband sensors which are used to detect 'boost/pressure' and supposedly has an intelligent and fast enough processing to self-optimize etc. Research highlighted for me that some smart dudes were behind the 'science' of this all... and I have to think they've all given this the ol' college try... for the purpose of creating a valued product. Constant Kid duty is extending my timeline on getting this going - I know it's important for more people than just me.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

A few more pics of FiTech LS Kit Intake Manifold:
Attached Thumbnails Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3476.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3475.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3471.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3452.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3456.jpg  

Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3457.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3465.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3466.jpg   Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)-img_3469.jpg  
Old 05-29-2017, 01:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

The intake is basically the same as the Holley and other Chinese stuff ?

Or does that one have even shorter runners than the Holley ? It looks as if it is lower ?
Old 05-29-2017, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its chinese. Supposedly it comes from same source as the other ones that look similar. Believe the electronics may be from overseas also. Heard from a shop owner who is a dealer for aem. The shop ordered 2 kits for customers and are gonna give em a shot.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

MUL8N01... any updates on this?
Old 08-05-2017, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I just bought the LS 70013

Not to hi-jack this thread but I thought I might help others with my findings as well.
I called their tech line last week to find out how the rev limiter works. As I'm building a twin turbo LS3 I did not want the rev limiter to cut fuel. He assured me it was ignition. So I found one in a Canadian warehouse for $2300 Friday and bought it. I buy alot from Summit and Jegs but they did not have it in stock. Also it seems they are all priced at $1745 U.S. With the Canadian $ in the toilet and the warehouse near me had it in stock I was in.

I thought about MS as well. But I do not have anything above the heads so this system seemed like a good way to get started. I've been looking at buying all the parts separately like cable tb and intake, fuel rails and all the sensors This just seemed the way to go.

I know it's not the best and I will need to buy bigger injectors. It is a start for me to get the car running. I just could not bring myself to spend the money for the Holley $$$ stuff.

This is a street car that will be run on pump fuel.
It also has a very low hood line and yes I know the stock LS3 intake is low but I'm also willing to lose a bit of bottom end power with the shorter runner FI tech intake.

I should have the kit this Wednesday. I too will share in this thread my findings if OP does not mind.
Aleck
Old 08-06-2017, 03:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

There is no issue with a rev limiter cutting fuel when done correctly. ( although not sure how it would be done incorrectly )

Quick Reply: Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)